The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jul 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #4,396 of 9,815
So we're supposed to respect you because you didn't straight up lie about your T1s being faulty and charged full price? We're not here to pay your Amazon fees when you decide to "break even" on a faulty pair of headphones. Get them serviced and then give a fellow head-fi'er a good deal on them (less than you paid, not more) or else go flog them on ebay to a stranger that unfortunately doesn't know any better.

Back to the deals.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #4,397 of 9,815
Pioneer SE-CL721 earphones for $20 free shipping @ Newegg with coupon code EMCNCJN83

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826621019

Anyone have experience with these? Looks like it might be a pretty decent deal. They are "basshead" earbuds. They are getting great reviews on Newegg but I don't know how much I trust that. Seems like any headphones that aren't straight up DOA tend to get good reviews on Newegg.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #4,398 of 9,815
Quote:
Pioneer SE-CL721 earphones for $20 free shipping @ Newegg with coupon code EMCNCJN83

Anyone have experience with these? Looks like it might be a pretty decent deal. They are "basshead" earbuds. They are getting great reviews on Newegg but I don't know how much I trust that. Seems like any headphones that aren't straight up DOA tend to get good reviews on Newegg.

I can vouch for these, they're legitimately good (had 'em, my friend has them now).  Obviously not for critical listening, but very fun!  From what I understand, it a standard balanced armature driver supplemented by some kind of secondary passive radiator sort of thing in the back.  So you get a fair amount of sub bass without the typical muddiness you'd expect along with that.  If you listen to any genres that require a nice touch of LF response, but don't like the muted mids and highs that typically plague "bassy" IEMs, you just might like these.

EDIT:  Amazon has them for $14.99 and eligible for free super saver if you've got anything else you need to pick up there:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DOOIZG/

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #4,399 of 9,815
Quote:
EDIT: What a nest of snakes, I wasn't trying to pull a fast one and I don't appreciate the insinuation. No matter, I will get them serviced and keep them. 

Fair enough. Head-fi gets a lot of people coming through trying to flip headphones for a profit so it didn't surprise me that people were suspicious. Try being a little more respectful and reassuring when established members (not me, I'm new as well) question your motives and things will probably work out a lot smoother.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #4,400 of 9,815
Quote:
Has anyone tried making an offer on the Sig Pro's from razordogdeals ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120942222349

Yes, and they also can go as low as $850 last time I heard!
Call if you are interested!
If they don't go to 850 or lower, maybe mention in passing that RMC actually goes that low...

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #4,401 of 9,815
I've seen quite a few Head-fiers get cans from them. I might have to jump on that if B&H doesn't give me the answer I want. 

Quote:

Yes, and they also can go as low as $850 last time I heard!
Call if you are interested!
If they don't go to 850 or lower, maybe mention in passing that RMC actually goes that low...

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #4,402 of 9,815
Quote:

Fair enough. Head-fi gets a lot of people coming through trying to flip headphones for a profit so it didn't surprise me that people were suspicious. Try being a little more respectful and reassuring when established members (not me, I'm new as well) question your motives and things will probably work out a lot smoother.

Not to mention, by posting her sale price in a "deals thread"....should be pretty common sense that that's a big no-no. Thats what the for sale section of the forum is for.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #4,403 of 9,815
I would have to back littlexsparkee up. If he really was a flipper. He would never have posted a deal for a $535 T1 or $100 Q701. He would have just bought them him self. Not said a thing about it and sold it for more in the for sale section.

here is a way to get more free amazon mp3 credit.

www.m.slickdeals.net/f/4668616-Amazon-FREE-2-Mp3-Credit-Pepsi-Twitter-Offer?t=4668616

dark side of the moon 2011 remaster is only 2.99 right now.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #4,404 of 9,815
@thinh I know, I acknowledged the error earlier. New members can't use the sale section for a month or so, right? I don't have access to it yet, then.

@Drastion: Thank you, I appreciate the vote of confidence. That's what I was trying to say but no one was listening!

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #4,405 of 9,815
Quote:

Newegg is really spot on with most things, but headphones aren't one of them. That isn't to say that they've never been right, but definitely not the place to look for information on unknown headphones.

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #4,406 of 9,815
Quote:

I can vouch for these, they're legitimately good (had 'em, my friend has them now).  Obviously not for critical listening, but very fun!  From what I understand, it a standard balanced armature driver supplemented by some kind of secondary passive radiator sort of thing in the back.  So you get a fair amount of sub bass without the typical muddiness you'd expect along with that.  If you listen to any genres that require a nice touch of LF response, but don't like the muted mids and highs that typically plague "bassy" IEMs, you just might like these.

EDIT:  Amazon has them for $14.99 and eligible for free super saver if you've got anything else you need to pick up there:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DOOIZG/

Balanced armature on these?  I thought it's just dynamic drivers, according to the description "At the heart of the Bass Head headphone is a pair of 9 mm drivers which can handle up to 100 mW of input power".

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #4,410 of 9,815
Quote:
You have to be a member for 30 days per Head-Fi rules to post in the Sell/Trade forum, IIRC

Quote:
I'm thinking the longer someone has been around, the more trust there would be...

This was the post quote:

I wish you had longer tenure here because it's hard to see this situation otherwise. Thanks to the poster below bringing this to our attention.

So tenure here= changing opinion

And so with more tenure you should give that tenured person trust?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back