The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jan 31, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #2,011 of 9,815

Can you call in and ask J&R for their best price on any headphone or is it just limited to the D2000's? I always see a lot of I just got the D2000's at whatever price when I called into J&R. I'm asking because I live in Canada, a sort of headphone dead zone in terms of good deals
Quote:
I remember less then a year ago (last feb. to be exact) I called J&R and got my D2000 for $187.  I guess it's luck of the draw on which customer service rep you get and how their day is going because there were others posting that they tried to get the same deal but the rep's they spoke with would only go to 200-195.  Now if I could only remember what the reps. name was that I was talking too that day.
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #2,012 of 9,815

Quote:
Sennheiser RS220 for 400 dollars here: http://uk.lookat.com/sennheiser-rs-220

Thanks for this, I saw your post in the RS220 thread and immediately jumped on it, even though I had decided to wait for the reviews. The price is just insane, I got it for 306€ with free postage to Finland when every other place that had stock has the price at 400+30 € or so for postage. I'll follow up in the RS220 -thread when I get them, shipped from Spain yesterday so at the latest I should get them by eearly next week. The site was also new to me, but seemed legit and payment was by Paypal, so thought it'd be worth the risk.

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #2,014 of 9,815

Quote:
Can you call in and ask J&R for their best price on any headphone or is it just limited to the D2000's? I always see a lot of I just got the D2000's at whatever price when I called into J&R. I'm asking because I live in Canada, a sort of headphone dead zone in terms of good deals

I'd like to know this as well, minus the Canada part.....

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #2,015 of 9,815
Someone should really pick up the pair of ATH-AD900 from headroom's B-stock. Open box for $169. They've been up there for quite a while and they've been slowly lowering the price. They were above amazon's price when I ordered, so I went with amazon at $230 (with overnight shipping because of prime) and they've been absolutely worth it. I can't imagine they'll get cheaper before someone picks them up... I'm really surprised no one has yet.

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #2,019 of 9,815

Quote:
I must be blind. I'm not seeing that. I'm seeing $250-ish, which isn't quite half priced.

I got mine for about that price 5 years ago.  Now I'd look at the $200 range...then they are pretty warm deal.

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #2,020 of 9,815

Quote:

I don't see why not.  I have only done it for the D2000 last year but you would think if they can give you a lower price on these headphones then why not on any headphone.  Never hurts to try.  I am going to be in the market for some new headphones in a couple of weeks and when I decide what to get I will definitely be giving them a call to see what price they can give me.

Jan 31, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #2,022 of 9,815

Quote:
Quote:
The AKG k701/702 are both on sale for half price on amazon right now. *** I wish I lived in the U.S.

That's half price off a highly inflated MSRP ($540.)  No one has sold it near that price for years.  Harman sells the K701 on their clearance section for $215 last time I checked.

What's Harman? Link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back