The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jun 24, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #3,887 of 9,815
Quote:
i just ordered the AKG K422's from Musician's Friend. For $19.99, it seems a no-brainer for me. I have several set of headphones for home use, but i need something for the streets and subway. Earbuds irritate my ears and annoy me cause they tangle so easily and its so easy for the little cushions to pop off and get lost.

I've had several bad experiences with Musician's Friend, all concerning close-out clearance sales. I ordered: guitar strings, violin strings, guitar picks, music stands. That's 4 seperate orders on 4 seperate days and they all never arrived.

Jun 24, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #3,888 of 9,815
Jun 24, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #3,889 of 9,815
Quote:
You mean this one?
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=ATH-M50s-R
The Details tab says soundprofessionals mod it themselves.

Sounds Shady. 
They get broken, refurbished, or defective cans, then fix them up and mod them for sale.
I'm hoping I'm just paranoid, but my cheap Kawasaki Ninja 250R turned out to be a salvage bike.
Does anyone know how they operate?
If they're legit, I hit them up from time to time.

Jun 24, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #3,890 of 9,815
I've had several bad experiences with Musician's Friend, all concerning close-out clearance sales. I ordered: guitar strings, violin strings, guitar picks, music stands. That's 4 seperate orders on 4 seperate days and they all never arrived.

I've ordered several headphones from them and thus far have had no trouble getting delivery.

However, the company that owns Musician's Friend also owns some other on-line sites that sell similar products.  I know this because the consumer rep told me--confirming my suspicions based on the similarities between the sites. From one of them (I don't think it was MF), I ordered the AKG K 240 MKII.  Instead of the MK II, I was sent the older and less expensive AKG K 240 Studio instead.  While they were still on the way, I relayed this concern to the company (because their email said I was being sent the Studio versions).  They assure me that the MK II's were what they had sent to me.  That was untrue.  For some time thereafter, both the Musician's Friend web site and the other one with common ownership, continued to list the can they were selling as the Mk II instead of the Studio with which we were filling these orders.  [The customer rep confirmed that they did not have the MK II.] This continued for weeks after I contacted them multiple times and had the price significantly reduced due to the issue.

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #3,892 of 9,815
Yesterday, I picked up 2 pairs of the K422. A little over $46 shipped! 

I heard good things and couldn't resist being greedy.
etysmile.gif

Shipping time can be hellish though- I have ordered from Musician's Friend before. 

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #3,895 of 9,815
Quote:
So what is the coupon code for the k422 deal? 

No coupon code.  It was yesterday's "Stupid Deal of the Day."  Every day, MF blows out inventory of a single product at a stupidly-low price.  Unfortunately, the K422 sale has ended, but watch the For Sale forum as several of seemingly any given headphone are listed shortly after a blowout sale.

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #3,900 of 9,815
Quote:
MSRP is meaningless. If they suck, they suck.

At least the quality looks decent from the pictures. Velour pads are rare at this price. I'm looking forward to trying them.

Of course! That's also another one but again, these are betwen the 420 and 430's which are decent and well known for their price...so for $20...let's hope it's safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back