Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Feb 1, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #2,012 of 2,336

Quote:
So I've been reading this thread for a while and I finally got my magnums from Rhydon after sending in my vintage sr325s and even though they are still burning in, I can say that they were worth thwe
money!! So here are some pics I took

Whoa..me gusta!! This is the first time I see original SR325 that has been Magnumized. My new year resolution is no more buying headphones this year, but I suppose sending my original 325 to Rhydon for modding shouldn't be considered "buying"....hrrmm 

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #2,013 of 2,336

Quote:
Love the vintage cups, they are so much smaller than the new ones. 

Tell me about the headband, I can only use my V4's for 2hrs or so before the top of my head hurts from the weight.

It's the beyerdynamic dt770 headband. The level of comfort is really good, in fact the only reason I can't listen to them longer than 3 hrs is because of the L-cush pads since they are relatively new. In terms of looks the headband is ok, I've been thinking about getting jmoney headband just for the better look, but their website is not working. So, in level of comfort I would recommend it and it's also relatively cheap. 

Quote:
are those gimbals from Rhydon or did you make your own? looks great!

Yes they are. At first I didn't think they were worth the extra $100, but now that I see them I am very pleased with them. 

Quote:

Whoa..me gusta!! This is the first time I see original SR325 that has been Magnumized. My new year resolution is no more buying headphones this year, but I suppose sending my original 325 to Rhydon for modding shouldn't be considered "buying"....hrrmm 

Hey if you gotta an itch, scratch it!!

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #2,014 of 2,336
do you think it's worth upgrading from the 3.5 to the 4?

absolutely

@ Aldo: your comment make me put the V3.5 to the desktop set and now the
V4 is now with the Iphone 4S for portable setup

Feb 2, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #2,015 of 2,336

Quote:
do you think it's worth upgrading from the 3.5 to the 4?

absolutely

@ Aldo: your comment make me put the V3.5 to the desktop set and now the
V4 is now with the Iphone 4S for portable setup

biggrin.gif

no kidding now: if you have both is the best solution, i love the 3.5 too.
but i think that if necessary one choice betweeen the two, well: 4.0.
although both are great.

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #2,017 of 2,336
I ordered mine on Saturday, shipped on Tuesday, arrive on Friday. 

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #2,019 of 2,336
Is the price still $399?  Does that include the gymbals and rods?  His site hasn't been updated since initial launch. Sounds like the communication of inquiries and purchases are done directly with Rhydon via email.

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #2,022 of 2,336
I think you misunderstood me - I said email him. He'll probably respond faster to you through email than the people (not including Rhydon) in this thread will.
Plus you're talking to the man in charge not a customer.

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #2,024 of 2,336

Quote:
I think you misunderstood me - I said email him. He'll probably respond faster to you through email than the people (not including Rhydon) in this thread will.
Plus you're talking to the man in charge not a customer.

Why don't you tell him the price already... Rhydon has better things to do and he must have answered it more than 10 times already. Make it public everyone will know for good. This will save Rhydon a hassle.

According to the website yes, an 399.99, officially, only if you're a Head-Fier (if not, what are you waiting for, register, lol).

If not it happens to not be priced at 399.99, then it's fake advertisement and you have the right to ask for the price you have seen (well at least it is like that at regular shops).

Quote:

what about the customs?I'm going to order 2-3 pairs wondering if there will be any hassle with the customs..

Nope, shouldn't be any... as suggested by this video

Thanks to Christ_himself on head-fi for making this video, very informative... it was posted earlier in this thread too

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #2,025 of 2,336

Quote:

what about the customs?I'm going to order 2-3 magnum V4 drivers wondering if there will be any hassle with the customs..

No custom charge for me, all went smoothly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back