Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Feb 6, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #3,211 of 4,748
  For me Spinfits are one of the worse tips for any IEM. I've tried them with around 20 different in-ears and the effect was always poor to say the least. Several of my friends share the same opinion. Don't know what the hype is all about.

I agree completely, and here's the reason why:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/708427/the-new-jvc-fx850-woodie-perfection-a-review/2910#post_11461740
http://www.head-fi.org/t/708427/the-new-jvc-fx850-woodie-perfection-a-review/2910#post_11465673

I can relate to them being comfier than many other tips, particularly for narrow ear canals. Still, based on acoustics, better avoid unless you know exactly what you're trying to achieve.

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #3,212 of 4,748
Thanks all, so what's the best?

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #3,217 of 4,748

This cable increases the microdetail extraction of ex1000 to a new level. It no places it on the same league as my kse1500.

Oh yeah?

This cable gets me a 30% discount on lap dances. Not the seedy places bro...the only kinda seedy places

This one makes micro details thingy like yours and wait for it....

Yup CHEETOS!! Makes god damn CHEETOS!! Put it near a wifi router and BLAM!! CHEETO rain!!!

This one ?

Nah...no...some stuff stays in the book of secrets.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #3,218 of 4,748

I know, it's expensive, the seller has shipped these before to Hong Kong, even in the link it says will ship to Hong Kong, but once you click in, Taobao doesn't allow it.

The seller asked me to add a new China address and link it to my Hong Kong address, then QQ or something like than send the full address and invoice number.

thanks for the info, if I have to go through those kinds of hoops to get them i'm just going to pass on them.  Might have to get some cables made by PETEREK.  wish i can listen to these balanced before deciding to get my own balanced cables made.

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #3,219 of 4,748

Oh yeah?

This cable gets me a 30% discount on lap dances. Not the seedy places bro...the only kinda seedy places

This one makes micro details thingy like yours and wait for it....

Yup CHEETOS!! Makes god damn CHEETOS!! Put it near a wifi router and BLAM!! CHEETO rain!!!

This one ?

Nah...no...some stuff stays in the book of secrets.

o yeah...... well mine is prettier :p

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #3,221 of 4,748
  o yeah...... well mine is prettier :p

It's pretty no doubt.

I remember you from your old avatar of an old guy. Recognized the name but the avatar threw me.

I love the hell out of these. I got offered a 100,000yen for my EX1000 and cable. Lazy audiophiles who cannot be bothered to wait for their own.
biggrin.gif

I shoulda taken his money but then i gotta buy the EX1000 again and order custom cables again and wait...meh.....

Are you running balanced?

EDIT:
Checked your pic and you are. I am pretty much addicted to these IEM in balanced. Good stuff!

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #3,222 of 4,748
It's pretty no doubt.

I remember you from your old avatar of an old guy. Recognized the name but the avatar threw me.

I love the hell out of these. I got offered a 100,000yen for my EX1000 and cable. Lazy audiophiles who cannot be bothered to wait for their own.:D
I shoulda taken his money but then i gotta buy the EX1000 again and order custom cables again and wait...meh.....

Are you running balanced?

EDIT:
Checked your pic and you are. I am pretty much addicted to these IEM in balanced. Good stuff!

Yes I used to have Avro Part but th recent political events made me do the least I can do.

I am getting used to the balanced sound of EX1000. The balance out makes the sound far more revealing and detail stand out more than I am used to.

I like your YouTube channel BTW :D

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #3,223 of 4,748
MDR EX1000 (JAP)
WOW, great sound stage, very clean detailed sound,Bass without EQ very clean to me happy with it, Highs a bit grainy its need to burnein maybe? to get it perfect, im using Spiral Dot ear tip,, better than sony to me.

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #3,224 of 4,748
Just got my Ex1000's  yesterday.  Managed to get the Japanese version.  I like them so far, although they are slightly sibilant on certain songs when the volume is up.  Currently using stock tips (LL). Ordered some comply tips and will see how they work.  I get a pretty good seal with the LL's but I am hoping the Comply's will shave a bit off the high end.

Probably will be in the market for a new DAP as well.  Currently running Fiio X3 Gen2.  Suggestions welcomed.

I think I am going to have some fun with these.

Take care,
john

Feb 21, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #3,225 of 4,748

Quote:
  Just got my Ex1000's  yesterday.  Managed to get the Japanese version.  I like them so far, although they are slightly sibilant on certain songs when the volume is up.  Currently using stock tips (LL). Ordered some comply tips and will see how they work.  I get a pretty good seal with the LL's but I am hoping the Comply's will shave a bit off the high end.

Probably will be in the market for a new DAP as well.  Currently running Fiio X3 Gen2.  Suggestions welcomed.

I think I am going to have some fun with these.

Take care,
john

FiiO X5iii tilts a tad warm and pairs well with the EX1000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back