Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Mar 11, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #3,241 of 4,748
  Going to pick a set of balanced cables for my EX-1000's.  Seeking opinions as to whether I should get copper or silver.  Supposedly cooper is warmer.  I have a ONKYO DP-X1 that I use with my EX-1000's.  So what do you think, copper or silver?  Does it really matter?

Opinions appreciated,
john

​Copper is usually cheaper and it is the same sonic conductor. (Silver, gold, moon dust, frozen star light, vacuum packed unicorn tears) all bull....except the unicorn stuff. THAT...is legit
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #3,243 of 4,748
Thanks but I always use PETEREK for cables and customs.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
  Thanks.  Enjoying my SONY's so thanks for the tip.

Also, you should check out the site below, they have balanced cables and the correct tips to fit the EX1000's.  Here's a pick of the tips they use.

Beat Audio -www.beataudiolab.com

getPart

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #3,244 of 4,748
Going to pick a set of balanced cables for my EX-1000's.  Seeking opinions as to whether I should get copper or silver.  Supposedly cooper is warmer.  I have a ONKYO DP-X1 that I use with my EX-1000's.  So what do you think, copper or silver?  Does it really matter?

Opinions appreciated,
john

If you're not bothered by the treble peaks of the ex1000 and maybe even want to make it brighter, most silver cables do that. And yea most copper cables do kind of make the sound warmer and thicker. However, if you don't believe in cables and cannot hear any difference between cables, you're better off getting another stock cable - although the stock cable has its quirks, the flexibility, feel and ergonomics are pretty good. And that's pretty much one of the only memory wires that doesn't annoy a spectacle wearer like me.

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #3,246 of 4,748
  Stock cables aren't balanced, wouldn't make any sense.

You can reterminated the cable, someone has confirmed the stock cable has 4 individual strands, 2 for each channal.

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #3,248 of 4,748
  Ya, that's not gonna happen.  Just buy a balanced cable.  Not into messing with the originals.

I have 3 stock cable, no harm for me to test one out.

Mar 13, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #3,250 of 4,748
Hey guys, recent purchaser of EX1000s and have yet to receive them. I'm a bit paranoid and have been extensively scouring the net for indications that there are fake ex1000s or not. 

As far as I can tell, there have been no reported fake EX1000s- is that still true? I see that was reported in this thread earlier on, and no other threads outside of HeadFi have reported fake EX1000s either. The amount of fake EX700s has me worried that I won't be able to tell if the EX1000s I receive are fake or not. 

Thanks for the help!

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #3,251 of 4,748
  Hey guys, recent purchaser of EX1000s and have yet to receive them. I'm a bit paranoid and have been extensively scouring the net for indications that there are fake ex1000s or not. 

As far as I can tell, there have been no reported fake EX1000s- is that still true? I see that was reported in this thread earlier on, and no other threads outside of HeadFi have reported fake EX1000s either. The amount of fake EX700s has me worried that I won't be able to tell if the EX1000s I receive are fake or not. 

Thanks for the help!

​They packed the EX600 or something cable with the export version of the EX1000 while the Japan version is EX1000 (they are labeled on the cable) I think that is where a lot of the worry came from.

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #3,252 of 4,748

Thanks for the help!

​They packed the EX600 or something cable with the export version of the EX1000 while the Japan version is EX1000 (they are labeled on the cable) I think that is where a lot of the worry came from.

I won't say export version, just some countries are supplied with the RK-EX600 cables, this includes US, in Hong Kong we also get the RK-EX1000 cable.

Mar 13, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #3,254 of 4,748
Got mine from IZ Store on Amazon - got the Japanese market version with RK-EX1000 cable.  Now I want to try balanced cables with them on my ONKY DP-X1.  Tried to contact the dude everybody talks about on this site, but no response.  I don't have Facebook or Twitter so I sent him a PM right from Headfi.  I do have a vendor that can do it, so I may just go with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back