Sansa Clip+ Impressions
Jul 9, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #241 of 317
  I am currently at Va. Beach on vacation.....I just killed my clip zip yesterday.....got it to close to the water 
eek.gif

I will have to buy a new one when I get back home....hopefully my memory card will be ok.

These are great little portables for the money.

Perhaps not so much anymore, as the 4GB Clip Zip is now $75 on Amazon,and the 8GB one is $100. On Ebay refurb 4GB ones are only $30 though. Normally I don't like buying refurbs, however at less than half the price of a new one, it is worth the risk to buy a refurb(or two of them in case one doesn't last long.

Jul 11, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #243 of 317
How does the SQ compare clip vs sport

The Zip sounds smooth and euphonic, the Sport sounds drier and more accurate. It's not about better or worse. For me the Zip harmonizes better with the SE535, the Sport better with the SE846 – both equalized to sound as neutral as possible.

Jul 12, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #245 of 317

I am currently at Va. Beach on vacation.....I just killed my clip zip yesterday.....got it to close to the water 
eek.gif

I will have to buy a new one when I get back home....hopefully my memory card will be ok.

These are great little portables for the money.

Perhaps not so much anymore, as the 4GB Clip Zip is now $75 on Amazon,and the 8GB one is $100. On Ebay refurb 4GB ones are only $30 though. Normally I don't like buying refurbs, however at less than half the price of a new one, it is worth the risk to buy a refurb(or two of them in case one doesn't last long.

Yeah, looks like they have went up in price...refurb works for me, sounds like a good deal....I bought a sport, but I did not know it only plays mp3 files....my fault for not paying attention 
tongue.gif

I will look for a refurb zip clip so I can use my flac files.

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #246 of 317
I've been spoilt by the ease of use of a rockboxed clip plus.  Got a xduoo x2 for a laugh and to say it isn't intuitive is an understatement.  Should have got another clip plus and saved £5.00!

Jul 15, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #247 of 317
I just updated the firmware in the clip sport and it now plays flac files fine.......very nice!

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #248 of 317
  I just updated the firmware in the clip sport and it now plays flac files fine.......very nice!

If you're talking of FW 1.25: Shuffle play isn't possible anymore with it on my two Sports. So I immediatley downgraded back to 1.22 (also since I don't need Flac on the Sport).

Jul 18, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #249 of 317

If you're talking of FW 1.25: Shuffle play isn't possible anymore with it on my two Sports. So I immediatley downgraded back to 1.22 (also since I don't need Flac on the Sport).

No shuffle play does not bother me....I need the flac support  
smile.gif

Jul 18, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #250 of 317
smile.gif

Meanwhile firmware 1.25 has been cancelled again, as it's obviously messed up. BTW, why do you need Flac on the Sport?

Jul 19, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #251 of 317

smile.gif

Meanwhile firmware 1.25 has been cancelled again, as it's obviously messed up. BTW, why do you need Flac on the Sport?

Hmmm, weird....my flacs are still working fine.....so I will continue to use it until I have issues.....none for me yet.

Jul 20, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #252 of 317
Hi, I just bought a Sansa Clip Sport. And I don't know if there are something wrong with my player. I copied some flac files from my laptop to it, most of them can be easily played, but some flac files can't. The bitrate of these can't be played is about 1000-1100kbps. All of the copied flac files are fine if they're played on laptop.
Can someone tell me the problem is about the player or the file????

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #253 of 317
  Hi, I just bought a Sansa Clip Sport. And I don't know if there are something wrong with my player. I copied some flac files from my laptop to it, most of them can be easily played, but some flac files can't. The bitrate of these can't be played is about 1000-1100kbps. All of the copied flac files are fine if they're played on laptop.
Can someone tell me the problem is about the player or the file????

If the sample rate is higher than 48 kHz and/or the bit depth is higher than 16 bit or they are mutlichannel, they can't be played (need to be converted first).

Jul 20, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #254 of 317

Why does anyone need FLAC on a tiny portable player? Is your hearing that great? I have trouble even hearing the difference between 256kbps mp3 files and the CD. That is even in a quiet room.I guess Sandisk players also probably get much worse battery life playing FLAC than mp3 files?

Jul 20, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #255 of 317
  Why does anyone need FLAC on a tiny portable player? Is your hearing that great? I have trouble even hearing the difference between 256kbps mp3 files and the CD. That is even in a quiet room.I guess Sandisk players also probably get much worse battery life playing FLAC than mp3 files?

Yes, that was my concern. It's not so much about the «tiny» (since the Sport may even work with 128 GB cards), but rather about a sound quality that's – although very good for the price – far from revealing or high-end. I'd say even if one is able to discern MP3 from Flac, it's questionable if the difference is relevant in any way. The MP3s on my FiiO X3 II or X5 II definitely sound much better than any Flac counterpart on the Sport ever will. That said, I do use Flac on both FiiOs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back