Sansa Clip+ Impressions
Aug 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #226 of 317
I scored a used Clip+ for very cheap, I figured, "What the heck?  Let's see what all the fuss is about."  Is it normal for it to get congested during more complex passages?  =\

Edit: the EQ was on.  Turning it off fixed the issue.

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #230 of 317

Works fine, need to format using http://www.tarkan.info/20140310/tutorials/prepare-sdxc-exfat-for-use-with-the-ipod (figured it wouldn't hurt) and it's fine.

Are there any limits on the number folders/songs it can handle?

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #231 of 317
I have a few questions about the Sansa Clip+, I have a Fiio E11K and I wish to use it with the Clip+ but I see that the Clip+ does not come with a line out so I would need to run a cable from it's headphone out to the amp. So my question is if I was to do that what volume should I set the Clip+ too? Another question is should I have the EQ set to flat or off? Also can the Clip+ read 64GB micro sd cards? I read that it only reads up to 32GB. Thanks.

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #232 of 317
I have a few questions about the Sansa Clip+, I have a Fiio E11K and I wish to use it with the Clip+ but I see that the Clip+ does not come with a line out so I would need to run a cable from it's headphone out to the amp. So my question is if I was to do that what volume should I set the Clip+ too? Another question is should I have the EQ set to flat or off? Also can the Clip+ read 64GB micro sd cards? I read that it only reads up to 32GB. Thanks.

For the best signal to noise ratio, the Clip should be set to nearly max volume. It will not distort as it is playing into a very high impedance with the E11. Probably best to leave the EQ off. I use a 64 gb card without an issue, however it must be formatted to FAT32.

Apr 4, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #233 of 317
For the best signal to noise ratio, the Clip should be set to nearly max volume. It will not distort as it is playing into a very high impedance with the E11. Probably best to leave the EQ off. I use a 64 gb card without an issue, however it must be formatted to FAT32.

Sounds good. So essentially I wouldn't be double amping becuase the EQ would be set to flat correct?

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #234 of 317
Sounds good. So essentially I wouldn't be double amping becuase the EQ would be set to flat correct?

You would still be double-amping as any signal from the headphone jack has passed through the Clip's amplifier. It is a clean enough signal that you should still realize benefits from using an external amp to gain added output power. Don't worry about double-amping. It is often considered a negative practice by some, but given a clean output signal from the headphone amplifier, it can prove to be an asset when needed for hard-to-drive phones or for additional headroom for transient peaks.

To get the best performance, you should use good quality music files, such as .wav or .flac. If you are using MP3 files, the best results are with 256 or 320 kbps rips.

Apr 5, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #235 of 317
You would still be double-amping as any signal from the headphone jack has passed through the Clip's amplifier. It is a clean enough signal that you should still realize benefits from using an external amp to gain added output power. Don't worry about double-amping. It is often considered a negative practice by some, but given a clean output signal from the headphone amplifier, it can prove to be an asset when needed for hard-to-drive phones or for additional headroom for transient peaks.

To get the best performance, you should use good quality music files, such as .wav or .flac. If you are using MP3 files, the best results are with 256 or 320 kbps rips.

Thanks, I'll pick one up.

Jul 3, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #237 of 317
I can't see why not.

Jul 9, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #240 of 317
I am currently at Va. Beach on vacation.....I just killed my clip zip yesterday.....got it to close to the water 
eek.gif

I will have to buy a new one when I get back home....hopefully my memory card will be ok.

These are great little portables for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back