Sansa Clip+ Impressions
Aug 14, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #271 of 317
  Hi

Was just wondering if anyone had tried the 200 gig microsd card with the clip plus yet?  I know that 128 gig works fine!

Nope, sorry.

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #272 of 317
  Was just wondering if anyone had tried the 200 gig microsd card with the clip plus yet?  I know that 128 gig works fine!

How much music files are there on your 128 GB card? I think there's a file-number limit, maybe somewhere around 8000 IIRC. Probably just a limitation in view of the database, not accessability. I haven't reached that high a file number, though, and just use a 64 GB card.

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #273 of 317
I've got a 128GB card & I've no idea how many files are on it. A lot though. There is a limit, you're right about that. I don't know what it is though.

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #274 of 317
This thread isn't the most active but I was talking to a friend the other night & I told him that, honestly, the single best hi-fi investment I've ever made is my Clip+. Outstanding value!

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #275 of 317
I agree with the above poster. I never really liked portable setups until I purchased the Clip+ (cost a little less than 40 euro on eBay UK). It fits perfectly in my HiFiMAN RE400 carrying case so my setup is always with me. Running Rockbox of course.

Aug 23, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #277 of 317
  I have RHA 750 and Android phone. Will the quality of sound output improves with Sansa Clip+ ? 

edit: mostly listening to mp3, no flac and similar

Probably, but not by much. Your phone's battery will thank you though & it's much easier to carry a Clip+ than a phone for the times when you might not need a phone. That was my rationale anyway. My Samsung Note 3 sounds noticeably worse than the Clip+ but some phones are better, it depends.

Sep 5, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #278 of 317
  Perhaps not so much anymore, as the 4GB Clip Zip is now $75 on Amazon,and the 8GB one is $100. On Ebay refurb 4GB ones are only $30 though. Normally I don't like buying refurbs, however at less than half the price of a new one, it is worth the risk to buy a refurb(or two of them in case one doesn't last long.

I bought a sansa clip used for only 17 dollars, been using it for almost a year. My first sansa clip lasted about 2 years. Built quality is crap, but they're cheap.

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #280 of 317
I've spent a lot of time this past year reading up on all the other players on the market. Many don't do gapless. Many have a lousy UI. Many are much too expensive for what they are. Most don't up the game where storage is concerned.

In the end, I decided to just get a second Clip+.

I now have one with a 128GB uSD card and one with a 64GB uSD card and enough juice to listen all day long.

I've just landed a super cheap pair of Sony EX650 and I couldn't be happier. They have a much more balanced sound than the drowning in bass sound of the EX500LPS I was using before. I used to wear them loose to lessen the bass! These EX650 are superior in every way and for less than a tenner. Happy I am.

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #284 of 317

I bought a sansa clip used for only 17 dollars, been using it for almost a year. My first sansa clip lasted about 2 years. Built quality is crap, but they're cheap.

Build quality of the Clip+ is actually quite good, except for the clip. My Clip+ that is over 6 years years old still works fine, except that the clip broke off around two years ago. Due to its light weight and low density, the Clip+ does have a cheap feel to it though. I liked how the Fuze felt. It had much greater density than the Clip+. The problem with the Fuze though was that the wheel would occasionally stick. If they would have made the Fuze with buttons like on the Clip+ instead of the scroll wheel, and with a standard mini usb connector, it would have been great.

Dec 12, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #285 of 317
We've had two Clips+ with broken earphone jacks. One died but back to life a couple of times before dying permanently. Currently have one Clip+ with one earphone working and on zip. 

Our Sony players have lasted much longer. One had the battery changed. That said they had an easier life. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back