San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 3rd, 2012
Oct 13, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #62 of 218
Quote:
Just saw this .... I may be able to come down, still not sure. It'd be from the IE area....

You might want to check with the others in this thread about car pooling. I know azynneo was looking for someone to drive with.

Hope you can make it! I will add you to the list as tentative.

Oct 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #64 of 218
Wow, I'm going to be in class on the base in Coronado that weekend! I'll have to see if I can swing by for a few!!!

Oct 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #68 of 218
I dont mind having 3 ppl if we can squeeze into my small car.  I hope you dont mind going for BBQ after.  I always wanted to try Phil's BBQ.  I havent gone to San Deigo in a few years now.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #69 of 218
Quote:
I dont mind having 3 ppl if we can squeeze into my small car.  I hope you dont mind going for BBQ after.  I always wanted to try Phil's BBQ.  I havent gone to San Deigo in a few years now.

Phil's BBQ is worth the drive alone, however, the line to get in can wrap all the way around their whole building. So allow some time for that meal.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #70 of 218
Actually, you do not need to wait in the line to eat at Phil's. There is a bar component of Phil's with no wait that you can eat in, have a brew, enjoy the game, and it is also happens to be full service meaning a waiter takes your order and delivers your food to you (all of this at no extra cost). There is a side door that you have to know about, but for the most part I have never understood why people wait in the line at Phil's unless you have kids.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #71 of 218
Quote:
Phil's BBQ is worth the drive alone, however, the line to get in can wrap all the way around their whole building. So allow some time for that meal.

Maybe we should just have one of our sponsors bring Phil's to the meet. :wink:

I guess BBQ and sticky fingers don't mix well with headphones. Maybe if everyone promises to wash their hands often...

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #73 of 218
Hm...Put me a tentative since I'm Irvine and will need see if I can find a carpool closeby.
Objective 2 + AKG K 500 + Koss Portapros

I'm in Orange. PM me closer to the date if you still need a ride.

If my Resonessence Concero shows up by then, I'll bring it, a BHA-1, and HD 800s. If not, I'm traveling light, just a MacBook Air and a Dragonfly.

I'll be interested to see what sources/DACs Jay sends along with the P-200 and BHA-1.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #74 of 218
Quote:
If my Resonessence Concero shows up by then, I'll bring it, a BHA-1, and HD 800s. If not, I'm traveling light, just a MacBook Air and a Dragonfly.
I'll be interested to see what sources/DACs Jay sends along with the P-200 and BHA-1.

I will put you on the list.

I never talked to Jay about sources and he never mentioned it. I guess a good DAC and transport would be nice. He isn't getting back until a few days before the meet, so I am not sure what he has available on short notice.

Thanks!

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #75 of 218
Quote:
I'm in Orange. PM me closer to the date if you still need a ride.

mind bringing your ayre dac also if it's not much trouble?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back