Rank the IEM's you've heard
Jul 1, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #1,531 of 5,132
W900 and Bravado came up. After days of listening, here is my update

1. U18
2. Prophile 8
3. JH Layla I
4. Andromeda
5. Fitear 334

6. Empire Ears Bravado, fun signature. Good and impactful bass without disturbing other frequencies and good imaging for the price.

7. Noble Sage
8. Isine 20

Update with W900

1. U18

2. AAW W900, balance, bit bright, vast soundstage, comes with Vitesse Cryo cable. Very nice

2. Prophile 8
3. JH Layla
4. Andromeda
5. Fitear 334
6. Empire Ears Bravado
7. Noble Sage
8. iSine 20

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #1,533 of 5,132
Update with Rhapsodio Zombie & Jomo Flamenco.

1. U18

2. Jomo Flamenco & AAW W900
Both same league. Jomo’s strength is detail and transparency and AAW900 with vast soundstage, separation and bass quality.

3. Rhapsodio Zombie
Damn, Rhapsodio’s bass is visceral, fun with great imaging and separation

3. Prophile 8
4. Andromeda
5. Fitear 334
6. Empire Ears Bravado
7. Noble Audio Sage
8. iSine 20

Jul 6, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #1,534 of 5,132
Hum

1. Kaiser Encore universal (very picky with tips and cables and dap... but when you've got the key... waouh ! I find my "iem like HD800" dream)
2. U18 (too brief, it wasn't mine and it was at a meeting... but high-end potential)
3. Campfire Andromeda (the same observations as with Kaiser Encore but not as picky. By the way, the impedance of the dap must be very low, and the output must be very clean (no hissing). In my opinion, one of the BEST value of all TOTL, or sort of)
4. Fitear TG 334 (pure magic if correctly driven ; tips choice is very important too to get the best sonic balance)
5. Oriolus Oriolus (pure magic, very easy to drive, but a little "too polite" for my tastes)
6. Fitear A111 (special ALO version, rare : a really great iem : clarity and a natural musical caractere)

And a lot of other candidates, but here there are my favorite iem :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #1,535 of 5,132
1. Legend x
2. Phantom/Zeus XR(can’t decide)
3. Mason v3
4. U18t
5. VE8
6. UE 18+ pro v2
7. Andromeda
8. U12
9. iSine20
10. Kaiser Encore

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #1,536 of 5,132
Slight update:

1. Empire Ears Legend X / Campfire Audio Atlas
2. Campfire Andromeda
3. Astell & Kern JH Audio Angie I
4. Empire Ears Phantom
5. Etymotic ER4SR
6. Earsonic ES5
7. Beyerdynamic Xelento
8. AKG N5005
9. Empire Ears Spartan
10. Empire Ears Bravado

The vocals on Astell & Kern JH Audio Angie I are ridiculously good.

Cheers,

Luis

Jul 10, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #1,537 of 5,132
Another update:

2. Campfire Andromeda
3. Astell & Kern JH Audio Roxanne II
4. Astell & Kern JH Audio Angie I
5. Empire Ears Phantom
6. Etymotic ER4SR
7. Earsonic ES5
8. Beyerdynamic Xelento
9. AKG N5005
10. Empire Ears Spartan

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #1,538 of 5,132
Another update:

2. Campfire Andromeda
5. Empire Ears Phantom
6. Etymotic ER4SR
7. Earsonic ES5
8. Beyerdynamic Xelento
9. AKG N5005
10. Empire Ears Spartan
In your opinion what makes the andromeda better than phantom? Thanks

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #1,539 of 5,132
In your opinion what makes the andromeda better than phantom? Thanks

The Andromeda is extremely revealing, balanced yet musical. It defeats a lot of IEMs.

What I didn’t like about the Phantom was it was overly smooth. Full sound but I felt like the Andromeda has a wider and deeper soundstage, better extension on both ends with full mids and very fast attack. It separates amazing well while being cohesive.

Basically, the Andromeda sounded more “reference” to me while sounding more “musical” than the Phantom too. I’m a little biased too because I have the Bravado which I think are great and I question whether the Phantoms are really worth 3x the price.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #1,540 of 5,132
The Andromeda is extremely revealing, balanced yet musical. It defeats a lot of IEMs.

Oh yes.

"revealing, balanced yet musical" = Andromeda.

Jul 11, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #1,541 of 5,132
The Roxanne II are a monster with music with good sub-bass (a good bassist), drummer (Arctic Monkeys) and a male vocals (Radiohead). Within these parameters and genres, imo not many IEMs can beat it. I’d even put it above the Andromeda and roughly equal to the Atlas/Legend X. They’re just that good.

Otherwise, Andromeda easily topples it and maybe even the Angie as well. It’s a great speciality IEM once you’ve acquired other more balanced IEMs. I never knew bass can have such extension and detail and how clear male vocals can be before I heard these IEMs.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #1,542 of 5,132
The Roxanne II are a monster with music with good sub-bass (a good bassist), drummer (Arctic Monkeys) and a male vocals (Radiohead). Within these parameters and genres, imo not many IEMs can beat it. I’d even put it above the Andromeda and roughly equal to the Atlas/Legend X. They’re just that good.

Otherwise, Andromeda easily topples it and maybe even the Angie as well. It’s a great speciality IEM once you’ve acquired other more balanced IEMs. I never knew bass can have such extension and detail and how clear male vocals can be before I heard these IEMs.

Then in comes the TOTL true problem:
you must quickly remove/replace the TOTL iem with the other TOTL iem just in time for the next song [for genre matching optimization] . For all the gapless fanatics, I seriously don't know how you guys do this!

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #1,543 of 5,132
Another update:

2. Campfire Andromeda
5. Empire Ears Phantom
6. Etymotic ER4SR
7. Earsonic ES5
8. Beyerdynamic Xelento
9. AKG N5005
10. Empire Ears Spartan

I also own the Atlas (Mostly listen to EDM/tiny bit of hip hop) What do you recommend. Kaiser Encores or Atlas? What are the differences? I know the Encores are more clear and have more detail and clarity but does that make it sound too thin? How does the bass compare? Thanks! basically which is earbud that u listen to more. Which is more fun

Jul 13, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #1,544 of 5,132
I also own the Atlas (Mostly listen to EDM/tiny bit of hip hop) What do you recommend. Kaiser Encores or Atlas? What are the differences? I know the Encores are more clear and have more detail and clarity but does that make it sound too thin? How does the bass compare? Thanks! basically which is earbud that u listen to more. Which is more fun

Maybe it could be an indication :

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cam...romeda-and-nova.805107/page-354#post-14356991

:call_me:

Jul 13, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #1,545 of 5,132

I think the bass quantity on the kaiser encores are pretty like. Makes it hard for me to get into some genres of music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back