8) Empire Ears Apollo X
9) Empire Ears Vantage
10) Campfire Vega

are Legend/Phantom a lot better than Zeus ? thanx for any feedback

cheers

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #1,519 of 5,061

cheers

I think it's always a personal preference. To say "a lot better" would be way to generalizing. But i'm quite sure you know that :D Right now you are struggling with yourself everyday because you simply don't know what to do.....everybody here is talking about the new kids in town and in some rankings the new lineup is set over the Zeus (!). But honestly... you know this game for sure :wink:

You love progressive house, right? :) For this genre the LX REALLY is unbeatable... no doubt. Pure fun.... as Twister wrote it's a basshead audiophile. Very addictive. But no mid-monster like your Zeus. To be honest i don't even know the Zeus. But i know i'm not up for mid-monsters. I love fat sounding tunings like the LX' or a totally natural, pleasingly warm sound... like my beloved Phantoms.
The Phantom indeed is a matter of taste.... somehow. But this is something you know as well :) I love it even more than the LX. As you know i ordered the custom version to replace the universal. I love the mature, natural timbre. It's so classy :)
Both, the Legend and the Phantom complement each other perfectly if you are up for different genres like me. If you listen mainly to progressive house i really would give the LX a try :).... best with Thor Silver II 8 wire.... and stick with your Zeus?
Btw... i will sell my universal Phantoms for 1250 € (definitely mint) with bal. 2,5 mm Ares II cable. Just in case :)
But i wouldnt sell the Zeus (as you love it that much) just to replace it with the LX/Phantom combo..... if you aren't 100% sure. And others opinion doesn't matter at the end as we are individuals...

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #1,520 of 5,061
1) VSonic Gr07 37th Anniversary Special Edition
2) Shure SE215
2) Denon AH-C360 (2012 edition, very well burned in)
3) LG LE530 Quad Beat 2
4) LG Quadplay (included with V30+)

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #1,521 of 5,061
I think it's always a personal preference. To say "a lot better" would be way to generalizing. But i'm quite sure you know that :D Right now you are struggling with yourself everyday because you simply don't know what to do.....everybody here is talking about the new kids in town and in some rankings the new lineup is set over the Zeus (!). But honestly... you know this game for sure :wink:

You love progressive house, right? :) For this genre the LX REALLY is unbeatable... no doubt. Pure fun.... as Twister wrote it's a basshead audiophile. Very addictive. But no mid-monster like your Zeus. To be honest i don't even know the Zeus. But i know i'm not up for mid-monsters. I love fat sounding tunings like the LX' or a totally natural, pleasingly warm sound... like my beloved Phantoms.
The Phantom indeed is a matter of taste.... somehow. But this is something you know as well :) I love it even more than the LX. As you know i ordered the custom version to replace the universal. I love the mature, natural timbre. It's so classy :)
Both, the Legend and the Phantom complement each other perfectly if you are up for different genres like me. If you listen mainly to progressive house i really would give the LX a try :).... best with Thor Silver II 8 wire.... and stick with your Zeus?
Btw... i will sell my universal Phantoms for 1250 € (definitely mint) with bal. 2,5 mm Ares II cable. Just in case :)
But i wouldnt sell the Zeus (as you love it that much) just to replace it with the LX/Phantom combo..... if you aren't 100% sure. And others opinion doesn't matter at the end as we are individuals...

hey man thanx for the impressions , much appreciated

i wish i had 1250 euros to spare for your Phantom , but no money for buys atm

will probably wait until EE gets its EU tour going maybe i like legend/phantom so much that i go for one of them - for now Zeus is TOTL and more than fine for me (and my very limited budget)

here's a great prog house cover for taking the time to answer , cheers

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #1,522 of 5,061
hey man thanx for the impressions , much appreciated

i wish i had 1250 euros to spare for your Phantom , but no money for buys atm

will probably wait until EE gets its EU tour going maybe i like legend/phantom so much that i go for one of them - for now Zeus is TOTL and more than fine for me (and my very limited budget)

here's a great prog house cover for taking the time to answer , cheers

@proedros, I get the impression that your preferred sound signature is the one on the Zeus. I think you may still have the king for your preferred signature and could find the other options too bassy. But you never know, they both sounded nice, when I auditioned them, but I would suspect you would still prefer your Zeus. I would actually look @ the EVR and ESR also.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #1,523 of 5,061
@proedros, I get the impression that your preferred sound signature is the one on the Zeus. I think you may still have the king for your preferred signature and could find the other options too bassy. But you never know, they both sounded nice, when I auditioned them, but I would suspect you would still prefer your Zeus. I would actually look @ the EVR and ESR also.

don't get me wrong , i LOVE my zeus and i find its bass more than adequate so probably you're right , they would be too bassy for my taste

it's just you know , this place/hobby makes you always ask for the next toy - unless you are short on cash and long on common sense in which case you stay put

Zeus is great and coming from a very, VERY limited budget it's more than i could have hoped/wished for 1-2 years ago so all is well

btw since @NaiveSound liked my prog house track , here is another stellar compilation - more deep/dark but fantastic stuff anyways

this is the 1st abum , as always more chilled/atmospheric (they always do the banging on cd2) - check it out bro , let me now what you think

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #1,524 of 5,061
don't get me wrong , i LOVE my zeus and i find its bass more than adequate so probably you're right , they would be too bassy for my taste

it's just you know , this place/hobby makes you always ask for the next toy - unless you are short on cash and long on common sense in which case you stay put

Zeus is great and coming from a very, VERY limited budget it's more than i could have hoped/wished for 1-2 years ago so all is well

btw since @NaiveSound liked my prog house track , here is another stellar compilation - more deep/dark but fantastic stuff anyways

this is the 1st abum , as always more chilled/atmospheric (they always do the banging on cd2) - check it out bro , let me now what you think

Nothing has the awesome vocals of Zeus , the bass is plentiful for me. LX has a bloated bass. To me.

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #1,526 of 5,061
1. StageDiver 5
2. CA Andromeda
3. Westone W40/Shure SE846

Has anyone else listened to the StageDiver 5? I'm surprised there's so little talk about it on headfi..

will be testing the Prophile 8, IE800 and FI-BA-SS tomorrow and the AKG n5005 next week in order to decide what's gonna be my next IEM :dt880smile:

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #1,527 of 5,061

cheers

Hey there! haha don't get me wrong, although I ranked them in such a way, it's purely due to preference. I wanted a zeus with bass, hence i chose LX. However, due to the bass, zeus's vocals took a hit and although LX's vocals aren't to be looked down upon, zeus's still the king of vocals, sublime and speaks to your soul. Phantom is ranked above zeus for my list because the signature and especially the timber just appeals to me more than zeus. Honestly if wasn't for my preferences, zeus's technical ability would still be best of the three imo. Don't worry, if I had zeus I wouldn't get either LX or phantom. It's just a different flavor of the same quality ice-cream

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #1,528 of 5,061
1. StageDiver 5
2. CA Andromeda
3. Westone W40/Shure SE846

Has anyone else listened to the StageDiver 5? I'm surprised there's so little talk about it on headfi..

will be testing the Prophile 8, IE800 and FI-BA-SS tomorrow and the AKG n5005 next week in order to decide what's gonna be my next IEM :dt880smile:

Heard the akg n5005 is sick. Have fun!

Jul 1, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #1,529 of 5,061
Been on this forum less than a year. Damn this hobby is addicting! Here is my list.

1. U18, damn this iem is really good. Big sound, feels like hearing from headphone, insane transparency, soundstage and detail. But that price..

2. Prophile 8, close to U18 with smaller soundstage.

3. JH Layla I, expansive soundstage and well bodied notes.

4. Andromeda, expansive 3D soundstage, warm with sparkle. Bit analytic to me.

5. Fitear 334, good mid and vocal.

6. Noble Audio Sage, good balance, warm, good soundstage for the price and engaging

7. iSine 20, good detail, expansive but Audeze signature is not my cup of tea.

W900 latest update tuning with new cable is coming, also Empire Ears Bravado and Rhapsodio Zombie. Will see how they come to the list.

W900 and Bravado came up. After days of listening, here is my update

1. U18
2. Prophile 8
3. JH Layla I
4. Andromeda
5. Fitear 334

6. Empire Ears Bravado, fun signature. Good and impactful bass without disturbing other frequencies and good imaging for the price.

7. Noble Sage
8. Isine 20

Jul 1, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #1,530 of 5,061
ended up getting the n5005, testing out the filters as we speak - absolutely love the sound : ) It was a close call though, compared the StageDiver 5, the n5005 and the Andromedas for about 1 1/2 hours yesterday and whilst the Andromedas still weren't for me I liked the SD5 and the n5005 better and about equally, I wish I had the cash to get both of them haha. In the end the accessoires and the way the n5005 looks when wearing them tipped me over towards buying them

edit: wrong thread, feel free to delete this post

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back