Rank the Headphones that You Own.
May 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #2,866 of 8,131
Have you heard the Maddog or Paradox? Whether you were "impressed" or not really doesn't change the fact that these headphones compete with headphones costing upwards of $1k. 

May 7, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #2,867 of 8,131
Quote:
Have you heard the Maddog or Paradox? Whether you were "impressed" or not really doesn't change the fact that these headphones compete with headphones costing upwards of $1k. 

Bull. The stock HD600 is superior to a modded T50RP.

May 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #2,869 of 8,131
Quote:

Have you actually heard either of the hp's that I mention? Maybe you have, I don't know. 

I like the hd6xx a lot. It's certainly able to outclass a modded t50rp that you'd make, but not the MD or Paradox. Of course this is just one man's opinion. I'm entitled to mine as you are to yours. 

May 7, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #2,870 of 8,131
Quote:
Quote:

Have you heard a modified T50RP by a reputable modder?

I'm really getting sick of that argument.

No, I haven't heard one. And I dont need to. Mods can only affect tonal balance and possibly presentation (ie soundstage). The drivers will still have the same poor transient response and high THD, regardless of how euphonic it may sound.

You can be the best artist in the world but if you're restricted to a program like MS-Paint there's only so much you can do to make your picture look good.

I understand getting attached to your handiwork, but be realistic.

May 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #2,871 of 8,131

lol

May 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #2,872 of 8,131
The canvas is much better than you realize (t50rp). If you had more feedback, I'd send my pair to you and make you a believer. 
size]
 No hard feelings, it's just good conversation meant for educational purposes. 

Oh, the t50 is more like Photoshop than MS Paint. 
size]

May 7, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #2,873 of 8,131
how do i attract trolls where ever i go?  who cares?  you dont own the jh13's.... so im pretty sure you've never heard it.  so all arguements you have about it are null and void.  

artists aren't restricted by their tools.  Art isnt defined with what you begin with its what you end with.  SMH; people who think they know what art is.

This is what happens when people try too hard to mix tech and art together..... a complete piece of crap.  

May 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #2,874 of 8,131
1) Beyer DT 880 PRO
2) Klipsch Image S4
3) Beyer DTX 501p
4) AT ATH-M50 (don't really care for these)
5) AT ATH-EM7
6) Some random JVC in-ears that I own, not even sure of the model number

May 7, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #2,875 of 8,131
Quote:
I'm really getting sick of that argument.

No, I haven't heard one. And I dont need to. Mods can only affect tonal balance and possibly presentation (ie soundstage). The drivers will still have the same poor transient response and high THD, regardless of how euphonic it may sound.

You can be the best artist in the world but if you're restricted to a program like MS-Paint there's only so much you can do to make your picture look good.

I understand getting attached to your handiwork, but be realistic.

I'm not sure why you're so fervently against something you've never heard. It's pretty basic head-fi etiquette to not give judgement on pieces of equipment you don't have experience with. 

Lol! This is a little humorous. Not my handiwork. It's a little difficult to understand and wrap your brain around, especially in the audio world. $300 headphones beat $100, right? I used to think like you do. 

When it comes down to it the T50RP drivers themselves are actually really good. That's why so many people hopped onto modding them. They have less distortion than the HD600 to start with, AND have a much much faster response because they use orthodynamic drivers. The modders saw this and started retuning them. 

How much do you think those HD600s are worth? Are they worth $300? Are they worth that because of the material involved, or because Sennheiser is forcing merchants to sell at that price? The materials involved in the HD600 are pretty cheap. Plastics, metals, copper, and some synthetic plastics for the driver. Not a lot of money involved there. Sennheiser took their HD580 driver and made the HD600 by retuning the driver. The HD600's driver has kind of maxed out the performance. 

May 7, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #2,876 of 8,131
Quote:

I'm not sure why you're so fervently against something you've never heard. It's pretty basic head-fi etiquette to not give judgement on pieces of equipment you don't have experience with. 

Lol! This is a little humorous. Not my handiwork. It's a little difficult to understand and wrap your brain around, especially in the audio world. $300 headphones beat $100, right? I used to think like you do. 

When it comes down to it the T50RP drivers themselves are actually really good. That's why so many people hopped onto modding them. They have less distortion than the HD600 to start with, AND have a much much faster response because they use orthodynamic drivers. The modders saw this and started retuning them. 

How much do you think those HD600s are worth? Are they worth $300? Are they worth that because of the material involved, or because Sennheiser is forcing merchants to sell at that price? The materials involved in the HD600 are pretty cheap. Plastics, metals, copper, and some synthetic plastics for the driver. Not a lot of money involved there. Sennheiser took their HD580 driver and made the HD600 by retuning the driver. The HD600's driver has kind of maxed out the performance. 

he doesnt even own the hd600.  smh

May 7, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #2,877 of 8,131
Quote:
how do i attract trolls where ever i go?  who cares?  you dont own the jh13's.... so im pretty sure you've never heard it.  so all arguements you have about it are null and void.  

artists aren't restricted by their tools.  Art isnt defined with what you begin with its what you end with.  SMH; people who think they know what art is.

This is what happens when people try too hard to mix tech and art together..... a complete piece of crap.  

I am not a troll, and obviously you care if you keep pressing the issue. My arguments are not null and void because the T50RP is a piece of ****.

Artists ARE restricted by their tools. You don't know jack **** about art if you think that. Try giving a painter a piece of charcoal and bristol board, they won't be able to produce anything near the same quality as their paintings. The amount of time it takes to blend colors in MSPaint is incredulous, you'll have color banding even if you take hours to color a small area. It also lacks any sort of brush dynamics, layering, or post-processing. Hell, transparency barely even works. I'm not saying good results are impossible, I'm saying that the trouble needed to get anything near something from Photoshop (sort of like replacing the driver magnets perhaps?) is almost completely pointless.

What in the hell are you talking about with that last statement?

And, don't be stupid, my friend lent me his HD600 for a couple weeks.

May 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #2,879 of 8,131
Quote:
I am not a troll, and obviously you care if you keep pressing the issue. My arguments are not null and void because the T50RP is a piece of ****.

Artists ARE restricted by their tools. You don't know jack **** about art if you think that. Try giving a painter a piece of charcoal and bristol board, they won't be able to produce anything near the same quality as their paintings. The amount of time it takes to blend colors in MSPaint is incredulous, you'll have color banding even if you take hours to color a small area. It also lacks any sort of brush dynamics, layering, or post-processing. Hell, transparency barely even works. I'm not saying good results are impossible, I'm saying that the trouble needed to get anything near something from Photoshop (sort of like replacing the driver magnets perhaps?) is almost completely pointless.

What in the hell are you talking about with that last statement?

And, don't be stupid, my friend lent me his HD600 for a couple weeks.

you need to learn what art is my friend.  and you still dont own the hd600 or jh13...go listen to your m50's (garbage btw).

May 7, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #2,880 of 8,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you need to learn what art is my friend.  and you still dont own the hd600 or jh13...go listen to your m50's (garbage btw).

Says the person who obviously doesn't know anything about art, to the person who has been drawing since he was ******* 4 years old.

I don't own the HD600 because I have things that are better. 

I hate the M50.

I'm done here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back