Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Mar 24, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #3,961 of 8,137

I know of very few people who like the 940, especially more than the K550 and 840. And I would not say they're "equal tier", but to each his own.

Well they are both analytical, resolving and slightly thin sounding closed back headphones with an emphasis on detail retrieval. I know lots of ppl like the 940, they have a following of fans. Ppl who dont like them expected a more fuller sound like the 840, but got something different instead. Fans of the 440 generally like the 940 last I heard

Even tbe product page shows heaps of head fi users love them... where are you getting your information from dude

Most people I've talked to complain about the 940's treble and lack of/poor bass. 

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #3,962 of 8,137
Most people I've talked to complain about the 940's treble and lack of/poor bass. 

Heh dont worry got an email showing your post before you edited it.
No need to be mad bro, just relax... really just telling you there is a fanbase out there for the 940 whether you like it or not
Btw your posts in general always show hints of aggression, always somehow bewildered whenever somebody offers a different opinion to yours, everything ok at home, champ?

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #3,964 of 8,137

I love the 940, I recently purchased them only last week and wouldn't give them up for anything. 

iems count, hit us up with your current preferences there :) and of course the shures

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #3,965 of 8,137

iems count, hit us up with your current preferences there :) and of course the shures

Bassically my signature ranks the IEM's 'I own', but the list of what I've owned or demoed (IEM's) would be to time consuming to write down. The best IEM I've heard (still unbeaten) is Tralucents 1Plus2 hybrid with silver/gold cable.. The Shures SHR940 would slot in somewhere between the ER4S (a well amped ER4S) and H-300 in my signature. I run the Shure with DX50 btw on medium gain and I think synergy is very important for the 940 because using them with my Studio V units or Colorfly C3 does not achieve the same results, even though those DAPs (especially the Studios) beat DX50 in other pairings.

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #3,966 of 8,137

Heh dont worry got an email showing your post before you edited it.
No need to be mad bro, just relax... really just telling you there is a fanbase out there for the 940 whether you like it or not
Btw your posts in general always show hints of aggression, always somehow bewildered whenever somebody offers a different opinion to yours, everything ok at home, champ?

My apologies for reconsidering what I said and editing my post to be more polite. Guess I'll never do that with you again.

I know there is a small fan base for the 940 but there are far more people who call it a bright, shrill, plastic-tastic toy. I've seen far more positive reviews of the K550 than of the 940 and I don't have a personal subjective opinion on either headphone. Is it really that hard to believe that someone in my position would be curious or surprised when they read something that contradicts the general consensus?

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #3,971 of 8,137
My apologies for reconsidering what I said and editing my post to be more polite. Guess I'll never do that with you again.

I know there is a small fan base for the 940 but there are far more people who call it a bright, shrill, plastic-tastic toy. I've seen far more positive reviews of the K550 than of the 940 and I don't have a personal subjective opinion on either headphone. Is it really that hard to believe that someone in my position would be curious or surprised when they read something that contradicts the general consensus?

So you're judging something simply from reading members impressions? You haven't even heard a 940? Then to add trying to base an argument on that? If there's anything you learn in this hobby is never talk about something you haven't heard yourself, because on the opposite side of the fence you would find another party saying the complete opposite about SHR940 to what you 'read'. How about you go and listen to them first. It's members like you who go spilling 'read only' info that skews peoples judgement when looking to buy a headphone.

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #3,973 of 8,137
Mar 24, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #3,974 of 8,137
So you're judging something simply from reading members impressions? You haven't even heard a 940? Then to add trying to base an argument on that? If there's anything you learn in this hobby is never talk about something you haven't heard yourself, because on the opposite side of the fence you would find another party saying the complete opposite about SHR940 to what you 'read'. How about you go and listen to them first. It's members like you who go spilling 'read only' info that skews peoples judgement when looking to buy a headphone.

That's rather presumptuous. Please don't pour fuel on the fire.

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #3,975 of 8,137

That's rather presumptuous. Please don't pour fuel on the fire.

I wouldn't call it presumptuous at all, if the member hasn't heard SHR940 it's basically an Arthur and Mather affair. he has no leg to stand on simply stating what he's "read," because for every negative reaction there will be a positive. I highly recommend takato14  refrain from speaking about SHR940 any further until he demos them, buys them or listens to them personally. Actually, I believe there's rules in place about "commenting on gear you haven't heard". I wonder if takato14 knows about those. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back