Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Nov 25, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #3,527 of 8,138

I don´t think it is. TH-900 are just better in every way. Actually TH-900 is one of my fav headphones and D7000 my least likeable.

Thanks for your opinion but this thread is about how we rank our own headphones and I stand by what I wrote. 

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #3,528 of 8,138
Thanks for your opinion but this thread is about how we rank our own headphones and I stand by what I wrote. 
come on, he's only stating his opinion, not trying to change yours. That's what's interesting about this thread.

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #3,529 of 8,138

come on, he's only stating his opinion, not trying to change yours. That's what's interesting about this thread.

Once upon a time, this thread was a fascinating collection of lists that nobody questioned. 
It was a unique insight into peoples preferences, unique way of hearing and untainted wild opinion.
There was the occasional 'chinking' of beer-mugs, and sometimes a cry of blasphemy, which for the most part was acceptable. 

I've got nothing against debate and counter opinions, but they simply belong in other threads. 
As soon as people start stating their opinions they don't stop. Headfi is largely turning into an "opinion-size measuring contest", and I don't want that to happen to this thread.

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #3,530 of 8,138
Great point.
Nobody usually mentions what they use them with either, because this particular thread is simply supposed to focus on personal headphone preference as a headphone apart from mention of any sources.
There's plenty of other threads for technical battles.
And all technical measurement crap aside, I maybe won't like what you like, and you won't like what i like. Actually I can pretty much guarantee that.
 Stating the obvious here, obviously.
this is a great thread.

Nov 25, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #3,531 of 8,138
I completely agree. I mentioned my CX215's in an earlier post, and I got people giving me grief about wasting my time with the CX215's. I happen to love the lower end Sennheiser sound. I used the CX300 II as my go to IEM for 2 years, and when they broke, I was heartbroken. Eventually I graduated to the Soul SL49, then the UE TF 10, but just because I'm not listening to my music through HD800's or T1's or GR07's (I owned them and hated the sound sig and fit) or Heir Audio 5's, then I'm less refined or some Neanderthal. This is about sharing what audio equipment makes us happy to share, or in some cases not so happy to share. The criticism is lame. Leave that for other blog sites.

Nov 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #3,532 of 8,138
Newly reordered :

1. Sony XBA-30
2. UE 700
3. TDK IE800
4. Monster Miles Davis Trumpet
5. JVC HA-FXT90
6. Philips SHE3580

Sony MDR-ZX100
Sanyo E 333

Why is the 700 so high and FXT90 so low?

Nov 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #3,533 of 8,138
The 700's, since I replaced the stock silicone tips with Comply olives, opened up with far more controlled highs, and gave the lows a nice rounded boost. Couple that with the dual knowles TWFK drivers provide a sweet, smooth, crystal clear sound signature that's perfect for metal, classic rock, rock, and pop music. The JVC's, which offer a FAR MORE AGGRESSIVE sound, can be a bit THICK noted in the mids, and though I love the detail retrieval and fun factor of the FXT90's, the 700's are just smoother and clearer, as are the IE800's. The 800's fitted with comply's are smooth as butter, and the details shine! I fit those CX215's with comply's before I sold them to you, and they really took off soundwise with them on.

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #3,534 of 8,138
Because this isn't just about full sized headphones. Go back to the beginning of this thread, and full size have been posted alongside IEM's from the start. Though it's a little rude to question my post, when the posts beforehand are about keeping negativity out of this thread, you are forgiven, and I ask you, what are your best IEMs? As far as full sized, I personally like my Sanyo E 333's. OLD AS HELL!! But I got them on ebay because back in the day, my cousin had a pair and we'd listen to Dio and Scorpions records from his Marantz with those Sanyo headhones. 

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #3,535 of 8,138
Why is the 700 so high and FXT90 so low?

I'm actually putting my JVC FXT90's up for sale on ebay. i think between my Sony XBA-30's and my TDK IE800, I'm just not gonna use the JVC's, and they are too good to really just collect dust. 

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #3,536 of 8,138

I don't own any IEM's, and if I did, I would have posted them in the IEM forum.

rolleyes.gif

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #3,538 of 8,138

I find that wearing headphones while out and about gets me odd glances. I think it's the geek factor? Though my plain Sony's seem to be ok.

Nov 26, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #3,539 of 8,138
People, come on. Back on topic. IEMs are headphones too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back