PS1000 Impressions Thread
May 9, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #1,831 of 3,605

i've pretty much felt the same way, but then i had the rs1i with a j$ headband, and thought, "well this is pretty good!" lol
  i bet its really nice on the ps1000

haha! this is what I'm thinking too. Now I might take my brown J$ headband off the Sr225 and put it on my Gs1ki ... or maybe the gs1ke
tongue.gif

That sound like a great plan!

I am all for the comfy level, being way up there, and those headbands look very comfy.

May 9, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #1,834 of 3,605
  Many people know that Grado HP's (same models) vary in sound signature…unfortunately the higher end models. I still wouldn't sweat it.

Haven't read to the last post yet, but, I wouldn't be surprised if they might sound just slightly different.  LCD-X owners can obtain a graph of their HPs by emailing their serial number to Audeze.  So why not other HPs?

May 9, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #1,835 of 3,605
Can anyone compare the PS1000 to the LCD-X?  Not just the bass!

It's been so long since I've had the lcd x other than the ps1000 seeming fast I'm not sure i could give too much useful information
maybe the mids a little forward

May 9, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #1,836 of 3,605
I am looking for someone who have heard a couple of PS1000e and that could tell me if they differ in sound. I just love SO MUCH my PS1000e. I mean i am exploding while listening to them. They are SO AMAZING, That is why i am so afraid to send them for a repair... ;(

May 9, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #1,837 of 3,605

I own the PS1K and decided to try the LCD-X side by side to hear what all the hype was about Audeze for myself, and to also hear the their sound-signature. In short there was no comparison for me…the PS1K's were clearly my choice. I felt the X had no detail/clarity and sounded very muffled/veiled and all I heard was darkness/bass. I don't mean too insult anyone who owns the X, but in my case I wouldn't buy them if they cost $100.00…too my ears/taste they are one the most expensive terrible sounding HP's I've ever heard, and I was in shock after reading how many people praise them. I'll take any Grado model I own over them any day. I'm sorry to say this, but I fell they are a complete rip off.

May 9, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #1,838 of 3,605

Yes.  Compared to my PS1KE, my LCD-Xs are very relaxing whereas the PSs are more forward and should I say, fun.  My 1st surprise was when I listened to the Roxy Music Avilon track 'More Than This'.  The PS seems to bring out the upper frequencies of the bass guitar that give it a more snappy presence than with the LCDs.  The highs in the PSs are definitely, as are other grados I've owned, strong and extended and can be, for me, almost overwhelming depending on whether the highs are pushed on a given album.
In short, they're two totally different signatures and I wouldn't care to live without either. Really depends on the music.
The only thing that bugs me about the PSs a bit, is the bowlpads itch like crazy sometimes.  HTRH

May 9, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #1,839 of 3,605
  Haven't read to the last post yet, but, I wouldn't be surprised if they might sound just slightly different.  LCD-X owners can obtain a graph of their HPs by emailing their serial number to Audeze.  So why not other HPs?

A graph is a graph which is all well and fine, but I would rather listen with my ears 100% rather than rely on a graph for a HP's sound.

I am looking for someone who have heard a couple of PS1000e and that could tell me if they differ in sound. I just love SO MUCH my PS1000e. I mean i am exploding while listening to them. They are SO AMAZING, That is why i am so afraid to send them for a repair... ;(

Send the HP's too Grado already and have them fixed. By the time you ask the same questions over and over again, you could have had them fixed and burning them in already! 
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

May 9, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #1,840 of 3,605
  A graph is a graph which is all well and fine, but I would rather listen with my ears 100% rather than rely on a graph for a HP's sound.

Send the HP's too Grado already and have them fixed. By the time you ask the same questions over and over again, you could have had them fixed and burning them in already! 
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

True, but I was just pointing out that one company acknoledges that drivers can vary from HP to HP.  As some might know, graphs are useless to me and I can only trust my ears imphaticly.

May 9, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #1,841 of 3,605
I own the PS1K and decided to try the LCD-X side by side to hear what all the hype was about Audeze for myself, and to also hear the their sound-signature. In short there was no comparison for me…the PS1K's were clearly my choice. I felt the X had no detail/clarity and sounded very muffled/veiled and all I heard was darkness/bass. I don't mean too insult anyone who owns the X, but in my case I wouldn't buy them if they cost $100.00…too my ears/taste they are one the most expensive terrible sounding HP's I've ever heard, and I was in shock after reading how many people praise them. I'll take any Grado model I own over them any day. I'm sorry to say this, but I fell they are a complete rip off.

Amazing agreement! I've tried Audeze at the last three headphone meets, determined that I should like them and augment my collection with one, likely the LCD2. After all, I've loved a wide variety, from Grados through Sennheisers, Sonys, and Beats. I particularly was interested in the Audeze because of their strong bass, a welcome complement to the light bass of my Grados.

But I could not find anything to excite me about them. Three times! Not just the LCD 2, but the higher end ones. Not bad, just "bleah." I had the same reaction to the NAD hp50 and the V-MODA M-100.

May 9, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #1,842 of 3,605

biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Whatever happens, Musicmate, the fact is that you don't like the sound right now; it's bothering you.  Joseph69's right; get them off so you can enjoy them when they come back.  They'll certainly sound better than they do now.
Good luck, sir.
Kevin

May 9, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #1,843 of 3,605
  True, but I was just pointing out that one company acknoledges that drivers can vary from HP to HP.  As some might know, graphs are useless to me and I can only trust my ears imphaticly.

I read your post and understood why you posted it, but I still feel you need to listen too a HP and never mind the graph…even when the graphs differ for the same model HP's. 
smile.gif

Amazing agreement! 

I truly believe that people feel Audeze "must be a great" HP due to it being way over priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back