PS1000 Impressions Thread
May 9, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #1,861 of 3,605
Some people don't like the PS1000 cause it doesn't come with a frequency response chart. How are they gonna know what it sounds like if it doesn't include a chart!?
biggrin.gif

Sounds like a Grado, they all have a similar FR don't they?

May 9, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #1,863 of 3,605
  I have another problem with my PS1000e-They touch my ears (Not only the pads) and they make them hurt after long listening. Is there a good solution to this without changing the sound?

I had the same problem, the drivers were pressing on my ears, in fact, it was one of the reasons why I decided to send the e back, and keep my PS1000.

May 9, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #1,864 of 3,605
Yeah, They press my ears but it is annoying only after a long time.
I really hope that the FR won't be much different. But i think i am only paranoid becuase i love them so much, They will probably sound just as good.

May 9, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #1,865 of 3,605

I have another problem with my PS1000e-They touch my ears (Not only the pads) and they make them hurt after long listening. Is there a good solution to this without changing the sound?

I had the same problem, the drivers were pressing on my ears, in fact, it was one of the reasons why I decided to send the e back, and keep my PS1000.

ah man, I get the same thing with the gs1ke. I imagine it'll be worse with the ps1ke. Not a huge thing, but it does bother my left ear after a while.

May 9, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #1,866 of 3,605
I own the PS1K and decided to try the LCD-X side by side to hear what all the hype was about Audeze for myself, and to also hear the their sound-signature. In short there was no comparison for me…the PS1K's were clearly my choice. I felt the X had no detail/clarity and sounded very muffled/veiled and all I heard was darkness/bass. I don't mean too insult anyone who owns the X, but in my case I wouldn't buy them if they cost $100.00…too my ears/taste they are one the most expensive terrible sounding HP's I've ever heard, and I was in shock after reading how many people praise them. I'll take any Grado model I own over them any day. I'm sorry to say this, but I fell they are a complete rip off.

+1 don't care for the X or XC, love the PS1k.

May 9, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #1,867 of 3,605
Hmm. Weird that Grado have seemingly downgraded their excellent 1000's, by making them less comfortable. This is a big selling point for me, as I use headphones all the time, and for long stretches. This is the exact reason why I barely have used my ath-m50's, no matter how great they sound for certain uses (for instance when I record instruments).

To be honest I would probably contact Grado to convey my feelings around this issue, if I owned the e's and experienced this issue. It's not like these cost 50 bucks or something, but rather are in the luxury category. Perhaps you could get some new pads from them or something?

May 9, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #1,868 of 3,605
  Your right, I shouldn't have mentioned the price, but…I paid almost $2K for them and had much higher expectations from all of the praise they get, thats all. And yes, the same can be said about the price of the PS1K's (or any HP's price) if their not for ones preference. At the time I had the Burson Soloist which is plenty powerful for the LCD-X. I didn't even try them with the WA6, I use the WA6 pretty much for my RS1i's specifically. 

Joseph, don't sweat it Buddy, in my opinion you have every rights to think, and say, that the LCD-X are overpriced. HarleyZK said it himself, many people think that the PS1000 are overpriced, and I've seldom seen people rush to Grados defence. In fact, it's the opposite, one bad comment often triggers an avalanche of negative comments towards Grado. 

You know me, I've always said that,  Audeze, Hi-Fi Man, Sennheiser, etc...all make very good sounding headphones, so I used to visit their threads, but at times there was so much hate directed towards Grado, that I got tired of it, and now, I only visit threads pertaining to The Dark Side. 
beerchug.gif

The way I see it, saying that a pair of headphones is overpriced, is not like saying that they're garbage, or a piece of crap. It's ok to have a preference for a specific brand, as long as you can stay objective, and don't hesitate to crticize them when you don't agree with them on something. Speaking of wich, I've always said that I find it unacceptable that Grado is shipping their high end headphones in Pizza boxes, they definately should ship them in nice, permanent ones.  

The RS1 used come in very nice wooden boxes, and at the time, they were selling for less than halph the price of the new PS1000e. If they were able to ship the $395 Bushmills-X, in wooden crates, with a clear plexi-glass cover, plus, a nicely embroided carrying bag, and still make some profit, I don't see why it would be different for the regular high end models. 

Oh!, I just noticed that this post doesn't contain any of my usual humour...it's a bit gross, but I like it,  here we go, He who goes to sleep with an itchy arse, will wake up with stnky fingers!.
biggrin.gif

Alright, that's enough rambling for now. 
wink.gif

May 9, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #1,869 of 3,605
Hmm. I think I might have been bitten by a bug... All this talk of other hp's makes me want to go out and grab these as well. The Hifiman's felt a bit weird on my head though, while the Audeze's felt great.

Nevertheless, I will probably just wait a year or so, buying them in a sale. Also, I will probably prioritize a reasonably affordable valve amp for my Grados.

May 9, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #1,870 of 3,605
Hmm. Weird that Grado have seemingly downgraded their excellent 1000's, by making them less comfortable. This is a big selling point for me, as I use headphones all the time, and for long stretches. This is the exact reason why I barely have used my ath-m50's, no matter how great they sound for certain uses (for instance when I record instruments).

To be honest I would probably contact Grado to convey my feelings around this issue, if I owned the e's and experienced this issue. It's not like these cost 50 bucks or something, but rather are in the luxury category. Perhaps you could get some new pads from them or something?

I have done a side by side comparison of the new PS1000e, and my PS1000, and even if Grado claims that they've alway used the same G-cush, I'm still skeptical.

Lately their manufacturing has been very inconsistent, There are so many Frankenstein combinations out there, that it's not even funny anymore. 

Just to prove to you that I'm not bullsh$%?ng you, I have posted two pics, and the second one was taken at my dealer's, and it shows my salesman holding the PS1000e.

Just draw your own conclusions.

May 9, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #1,871 of 3,605

Your right, I shouldn't have mentioned the price, but…I paid almost $2K for them and had much higher expectations from all of the praise they get, thats all. And yes, the same can be said about the price of the PS1K's (or any HP's price) if their not for ones preference. At the time I had the Burson Soloist which is plenty powerful for the LCD-X. I didn't even try them with the WA6, I use the WA6 pretty much for my RS1i's specifically. 

Joseph, don't sweat it Buddy, in my opinion you have every rights to think, and say, that the LCD-X are overpriced. HarleyZK said it himself, many people think that the PS1000 are overpriced, and I've seldom seen people rush to Grados defence. In fact, it's the opposite, one bad comment often triggers an avalanche of negative comments towards Grado. 

You know me, I've always said that,  Audeze, Hi-Fi Man, Sennheiser, etc...all make very good sounding headphones, so I used to visit their threads, but at times there was so much hate directed towards Grado, that I got tired of it, and now, I only visit threads pertaining to The Dark Side. :beerchug:

The way I see it, saying that a pair of headphones is overpriced, is not like saying that they're garbage, or a piece of crap. It's ok to have a preference for a specific brand, as long as you can stay objective, and don't hesitate to crticize them when you don't agree with them on something. Speaking of wich, I've always said that I find it unacceptable that Grado is shipping their high end headphones in Pizza boxes, they definately should ship them in nice, permanent ones.  

The RS1 used come in very nice wooden boxes, and at the time, they were selling for less than halph the price of the new PS1000e. If they were able to ship the $395 Bushmills-X, in wooden crates, with a clear plexi-glass cover, plus, a nicely embroided carrying bag, and still make some profit, I don't see why it would be different for the regular high end models. 

Oh!, I just noticed that this post doesn't contain any of my usual humour...it's a bit gross, but I like it,  here we go, He who goes to sleep with an itchy arse, will wake up with stnky fingers!. :D

Alright, that's enough rambling for now. :wink:

+1 I agree 100%. Going to bed with an itchy arse, and you'll wake up with stinky fingers! ...oh, and also agree on Grado packaging on the higher end models (at least ). Oh, and the other stuff too. :wink:

May 9, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #1,872 of 3,605
^grossssssssssssss^this^nasty metaphor alert.....

May 9, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #1,873 of 3,605
+1 I agree 100%. Going to bed with an itchy arse, and you'll wake up with stinky fingers! ...oh, and also agree on Grado packaging on the higher end models (at least ). Ih, and the other stuff too.
wink.gif

I'm happy that you agree with me, this means that I'm starting to make sense, even while I'm on the meds.
wink.gif

I've been taking this pain medication for so long, that they hardly have any effect anymore, oh well!.
wink.gif

My friend is a SCUBA diver and he thought me something today...do you guys know why SCUBA divers always throw themselves of the boat, backwards

May 9, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #1,875 of 3,605
Sorry for the dumb question,but which low end Grado(except PS500) comes closest to the PS1000 sound?
I just bought the HD800 so can't afford the PS1000, but would like to get a taste of it's sound.

Looks like while several SR series Grados are similar frequency response in mids and treble, only the $79 SR60 (green) approaches the bass of the PS1000 (blue).
graphCompare.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back