post your grado mods....
Nov 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #4,337 of 8,987
So pintoDave, parts and labour in, what do you think you could sell a set of your gimbals for, and of course make a reasonable profit (we are capitalists after all)?

I could do these and sell them, the issue is the process used and the quality. They are not perfect, the powder coating covers up the deeper scratches (few, but there are some). They look great just polished, to, though!

With profit I would be selling a set for $80, but I wouldn't sell them because they are not of resell quality, plain and simple.

I bought a $60 14" metal cut off saw just to do these, no other plans for the saw as of now. Pipe was $14 from a local metal supplier which was hard to find since almost no one wants to sell by the foot. The 1/8" stainless steel rod was cheap, $5 for three feet. Not to sure how long the tap and die would last doing these in mass production. Replacement tooling would add to the cost.

I have sent you a pm

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #4,338 of 8,987

nope, no association. figured someone here may want it.

i read some about pink drivers today and from what i gather they are well regarded but not in the same class as black star drivers (baked with magics)

Yeah I missed out on the SR200's with the HP drivers that were on the bay a few days ago. Went over my budget....was pretty bummed out. Got the 100's tonight for a pretty good deal I think.

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #4,339 of 8,987
I saw they went for something like $160...a really good deal..enjoy :)

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #4,340 of 8,987

Yeah I missed out on the SR200's with the HP drivers that were on the bay a few days ago. Went over my budget....was pretty bummed out. Got the 100's tonight for a pretty good deal I think.

You told us they were 100% yours. Given your statement, I was beginning to think you were going to buy them ... no cost ceiling threshold would hold you back.  
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #4,342 of 8,987

Could you share your opinion on pink drivers when you receive your phones? Ive started a new thread, I would like to make sureif those drivers are or aren't really special.
Thanks in advance.

Nov 15, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #4,344 of 8,987
No sidetracking worries at all !!! This is about our GRADO toys, whatever they might be, the more the merrier!!! I personally want to see it all, everybody sharing their ideas is why I read this thread.

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #4,345 of 8,987
You told us they were 100% yours. Given your statement, I was beginning to think you were going to buy them ... no cost ceiling threshold would hold you back.  :D

That was true until I bought the ps1000 shells. So I wonder who did get them. Anyone who spends that kind if money on vintage headphones is obviously a head-fier.

Nov 17, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #4,347 of 8,987
After feeling some guilt about posting details on non-Grado drivers being used within Grado-style cup housings in this thread, I thought it might be best to take those efforts into their own thread where we could discuss the use of non-Grado drivers within Grado-style cup housings.

This thread that was created was done so as a result of your efforts (you!  The forum community) where you have taken time to research different driver options in the 40-45mm size and got us started in the right direction.  I'm only the member who created a thread and used a collection of links to your information, posts, etc. to get things rolling.

Here is a link to our thread on using non-Grado drivers in Grado-style housings: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/690682/the-non-grado-driver-grado-thread

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #4,349 of 8,987

Nice markings on this Oak a friend sent me. Can't wait to see what they'll look like when there finished.

That looks insane... How does it sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back