post your grado mods....
May 30, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #346 of 8,987
yeah, did that. Used a spoon to press it out and removed the remainings with my fake-ass dremel
smily_headphones1.gif

May 30, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #347 of 8,987
tonsosnot;4269317 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by cdawg48 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P5260106.jpg

I think those sport-band Grados look rad! Especially with such prominent "antennae." Reminds me of those old headphones with AM/FM tuners built in..

Do they actually stay on well when you move around?

Yeah they stay on pretty well. The earmuffs have an adjustable band that helps.

May 31, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #348 of 8,987
Could someone please point me to the tape around the bowls mod for my 325's.
Cheers

Jun 1, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #350 of 8,987
Hi! Just bought a new pair of Grado sr80s and have started fiddling around with it a bit.

iptc0z.jpg

b55pwp.jpg

Just some cheap mods with the Sennheiser HD580 pads attached using circular velcro pads. At first I thought it was gonna turn out weird but I was pleasantly surprised at the gap it made. Adds an extra half cm or so of thickness to the cushioning effect. Also one of my rods kept slipping down far more than I wanted it. I've seen a few people with actual rod stoppers but since I don't want to do anything non reversible to these I just improvised by taking some thick rubber bands, cutting them to the circumference of the rod and wrapping them around just underneath the rod tips and secured them with tape. Stops them just where I want them to be. I was considering coloring the rubber bands black but for now I'll leave them as purple.

I'm trying to get a hold of some liberators but dark audio doesn't make them anymore and I've had no luck finding any sellers
frown.gif
If anybody knows where I could get a second hand pair please pm me. Thanks!

Jun 1, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #352 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by renugaid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to get a hold of some liberators but dark audio doesn't make them anymore and I've had no luck finding any sellers
frown.gif
If anybody knows where I could get a second hand pair please pm me. Thanks!

Good luck.

Jun 2, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #353 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by juniperlater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck.

Thanks. It's a long shot but I need something to stop the drivers from touching my fairly large ears.

Jun 2, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #354 of 8,987
Did you just thank him for just saying 'Good luck.' :|

Jun 2, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #355 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you just thank him for just saying 'Good luck.' :|

yes haha. I wasn't sure if it was sarcastic or not but either way theres no harm in saying thanks
tongue.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #356 of 8,987
You're better off making a Beyer cushion fit your Grado. I'm afraid Liberators are a bit tricky to come by now.
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #358 of 8,987
Currently have Alessandro MS Pro wearing flats, and Joe Grado HP-2 ............these make me happy.

Jun 3, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #360 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They might be coming by soon
wink.gif
. I prefer stock...

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Do you have any interior pics with the mod? Also, where did you get your mesh from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back