post your grado mods....
Sep 27, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #7,442 of 8,988
hai there..

long time no see 
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #7,443 of 8,988
it is a new prototype Spirit Labs that uses two drives connected in series. Load isobaric + resonance chamber. drive movements halved - piston movements faster and controlled mobile unit. in a very linear frequency response. warm sound and impressive dynamic at any volume.
load of 64 ohms easier for tube amps.

Why not put one out on tour so we can have a llisten? We put a SennGrado out on tour and it turned out pretty good, every one that wanted had a listen and wrote a review.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/728069/woodied-sennheiser-aka-senngrado-tour-thread/210#post_11299519

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #7,451 of 8,988
Lovely stuff, I recognise Adhi's handiwork. I saw his black rod blocks, but what's with your gimbals? - did you paint or anodise them yourself, or did Rholupat supply them in black? Never seen them on his website, and yours look extremely handsome ...

Those are black powder coating gimbal.
You can buy on adhi's maybe next week.

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #7,453 of 8,988

Grado RS-1i completely recabled with 20 feet of Cardas. The guy who did the recabling did a swell job of it but this is a mod that is not recommended for the average tinkerer. There is some risk that the wooden bodies will sustain damage in the ungluing and/or reassembly phase...

Sep 28, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #7,454 of 8,988
  Grado RS-1i completely recabled with 20 feet of Cardas. The guy who did the recabling did a swell job of it but this is a mod that is not recommended for the average tinkerer. There is some risk that the wooden bodies will sustain damage in the ungluing and/or reassembly phase...

Pics?

I have heard much weeping and wailing over attempted RS1 re-cables. It takes a high level of skill to extract the drivers without damaging them or the cups...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back