post your grado mods....
Jul 5, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #6,437 of 8,988
My custom wood cup, gimbal , leatherband .. next rodblock

Jul 16, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #6,445 of 8,988
So if I was to do some mods on a pair of 60/80s, and I was going all wood, and a custom cable, with plugs on the HP end, what do people suggest for the plugs ?? I have look all over, and get confused, and people talk of wiring a plug to the driver, but don't really say what plugs are the best. 

I'm would be looking for a easy connect plug too. There is just so many on offer in this big world, so I'm not really sure what the best way to approach this. I have found a seller on Easy that makes gorgeous custom cables and offers these connectors, but what would be the best to retrofit to Grado cans ??
Cheers

??????

Jul 17, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #6,446 of 8,988
Hi there .
Try fleasbaby,he is always up for making some nice cups.
As to connectors I've fitted some nice Tiny Mini neutrik 3 pin and on the other end of the cable try an oyiade 3.5 as they have a nice way of plugging in to mobile phones with cases on them,most connectors are to big

Jul 17, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #6,447 of 8,988
  So if I was to do some mods on a pair of 60/80s, and I was going all wood, and a custom cable, with plugs on the HP end, what do people suggest for the plugs ?? I have look all over, and get confused, and people talk of wiring a plug to the driver, but don't really say what plugs are the best. 

I'm would be looking for a easy connect plug too. There is just so many on offer in this big world, so I'm not really sure what the best way to approach this. I have found a seller on Easy that makes gorgeous custom cables and offers these connectors, but what would be the best to retrofit to Grado cans ??
Cheers

??????

Drop @cCasper TFG a line...he's a cable genius. He'll know the best way to go with detachables. @uglyjoe0124 is probably saying what cCasper would though :).

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #6,450 of 8,988
Very nice!
What drivers are you using?

Grado pinks

Bought a new pair of px100's had those in there for a week or so
They didn't sound bad at a all bass was tighter than the grado
But I just love the sound of the old grado drivers i also have a set of 225 drivers
I may try those but I'm pretty happy with the combo with the Pono in balanced mode

My first balanced Grados!
Great work on the cups they look and sound beyond my expectations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back