post your grado mods....
Nov 29, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #4,427 of 8,987
I have 2 more headbands like the one I'm using now and am thinking of clearing them. Wud anyone b interested if I'm selling them at USD$42 shipped.
I paid about usd$33 for the custom work and $9 for international shipping.

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #4,428 of 8,987
Beautiful! The bowl shape at the grill is different and looks good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Wonderful craftsmanship. Well done.

Heyoo!

The darker colored mushroom head ones are my favorite
smily_headphones1.gif
beautiful work there
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice work!

Thank you seniors :) actually I want to know your opinion about what to improve from my craftsmanship so I can make better cups

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #4,429 of 8,987

I wanted to make a set of cups out of this wood to test; I’m waiting on the drivers to arrive in the mail.
 I won’t be making more except if we do an exotic hard wood review next year I might put a Lapacho set in with the mix.

Here is what the Tonewood Data Source says about this Tone- wood.
Lapacho
Round basses and very clear trebles, competes with Brazilian rosewood when it comes to punch and definition of voices. Superb tap tone and a collectible since only a few Lapacho guitars have ever been built. The wood is incredibly hard but the luthier is filled with pride when he hears the sound of the finished instrument. It is simply stunning.
Its dust can cause a number of respiratory and contact dermatitis allergic reactions in humans,an amazing wood, but no sense in risking your health!

Lapacho
is one of the hardest woods on the planet,almost 3x harder than Oak. It has a fire rating of A1 (the highest possible, the same as concrete), and is denser than water (it sinks).  It’s recommended that you use name brand carbide tipped tools, keep edges sharp, and always pre-drill for screws. Have numerous extra drill bits handy.

Janka hardness rating……
  Hard Maple (Janka 1450)… Oak (Janka 1360)….Lapacho (Janka 3680)

You have peaked my interest my friend... Looking forward to more of the beautiful wood.

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #4,431 of 8,987
  i was talking about yours..very nice looking cups! i like the color. drooling..
intermediet's stuff is nice too

Thank you :)

They are African Blackwood. I got a local woodturner to make them (we came up with the design together). He finished them with one coat of wax and buffed them. That was it...in person they show rather nice subtle brown highlights in the black. He's also made some in Paduak for for me. I definitely prefer the sound of the Blackwood.

I was inspired to keep the old SR80 grills after seeing the stuff over at Headphile.

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #4,433 of 8,987
rosewood  

Dec 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #4,436 of 8,987
this is my friend headphone,  Allesandro Ms1i mod 

Wood Cup Borneo Rosewood Made By Me.
Lambskin Leather Headband Made By me.
Dynamat on back side magnet Drive.
Recabling 8 Strand Silver Coated don't know that cable brand just buy frome one of indonesian local store , Y splitter DIY from Nickel mmade by Him and jack Viablue of course 
bigsmile_face.gif

and this is the pict

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #4,438 of 8,987
Glad you like them Joe! :) I will let my partner in crime know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back