post your grado mods....
Dec 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #4,441 of 8,992
Dec 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #4,442 of 8,992
Just watched the video here:

http://turntablelab.com/collections/daily-arrivals/products/grado-the-bushmills-x-grado-labs-headphone?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

1. Did anyone else notice that it appears Elijah Woods might be an avid Grado need and modder? I wonder if he's somewhere here on Head-Fi?

2. Now I REALLY want to try some closed cups...apparently these are not closed but vented...I see no vents. Am itching to see the inside of a pair...

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #4,443 of 8,992
From the Grado Facebook page:

Quote:
Today we'd like to introduce the limited edition Bushmills x Grado Headphones, made from their whiskey barrels. About six months ago, Bushmills came to us and asked if we'd be able to make headphones out of whiskey barrels. Not only was that something we had never done, but a design challenge we couldn't pass up. We accepted. 

Those who know us know that sound comes first, and if we couldn't get it to have our Grado sound, we wouldn't have gone through with it. The end result is our first closed back headphone, this doesn't mean sealed though. We had to reengineer our open design to achieve the Grado sound on this model. 

Bushmills brought us into their "Since Way Back" series and even had Elijah Wood and Zach Cowie come in on the project. We were surprised by how huge audiophiles they were, and that they had been using Grado for years. It's nice working with people who are genuinely enthusiastic about Grado, and sound quality in general. A big thank you to Bushmills, Elijah, and Zach for bringing us into their family and giving us this opportunity. Happy Listening!

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #4,444 of 8,992
Nice...I wonder where the vents are though...

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #4,449 of 8,992
Out of curiosity: how do you remove the original plastic mesh/grill from a sr60i/sr80i cups. Heat doesn't seem to work...

Ya gotta cut them out. They're formed onto those cups at the factory it seems. I think I scored it with an exacto knife real good then popped em on out.

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #4,450 of 8,992
My grills came out with some pressure with my thumbs...but in both instances I was taking them out of older SR80 and SR60 cups...

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #4,451 of 8,992
The non I models weren't installed the same. The newer I versions are basically melted on and can't be simply heated up and pushed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back