post your grado mods....
Nov 11, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #8,072 of 8,987
Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #8,073 of 8,987
Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #8,075 of 8,987
Nov 12, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #8,079 of 8,987
Neither, the driver is tuned exclusively for us and is an update on our previous X drivers circa 2012.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

I am considering attempting my first build, and of course the drivers are the first consideration. These threads here on head-fi are a valuable place to read about what differences people hear between the different drivers. Unfortunately, I am unable to find anything describing your drivers, so I don't know what sound characteristics you are wanting to tune towards. Is there anyway you can describe what you are shooting towards? More laid-back? More technical? Bright Grado-type sound?

Thanks again.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #8,080 of 8,987
Thanks!

I am considering attempting my first build, and of course the drivers are the first consideration. These threads here on head-fi are a valuable place to read about what differences people hear between the different drivers. Unfortunately, I am unable to find anything describing your drivers, so I don't know what sound characteristics you are wanting to tune towards. Is there anyway you can describe what you are shooting towards? More laid-back? More technical? Bright Grado-type sound?

Thanks again.
Hi, I haven't been active on Head-fi for a couple of years now due to studies.

I just started posting again and have reread the Member of trade rules; sorry but I would not be able to comment on the differences or the description of the sound signature without breaking the rules. That said I am looking forward to reviews from head-fiers. Thanks for all the support. :)

Cheers

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #8,081 of 8,987
Hi, I haven't been active on Head-fi for a couple of years now due to studies.

I just started posting again and have reread the Member of trade rules; sorry but I would not be able to comment on the differences or the description of the sound signature without breaking the rules. That said I am looking forward to reviews from head-fiers. Thanks for all the support. :)

Cheers

OK - that makes sense.

It is great to have you here giving the support you can.

Nov 15, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #8,084 of 8,987
I picked up a SR80e recently and wanted to improve the bass impact and warmth a bit, so I went with taped L cushions plus the venting mod (four holes poked for a total of six) and wow! I think four might be one hole too many, the upper bass can overshadow things a bit in some songs but overall I really like it. Impressive what these drivers are capable of!

Nov 15, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #8,085 of 8,987
I picked up a SR80e recently and wanted to improve the bass impact and warmth a bit, so I went with taped L cushions plus the venting mod (four holes poked for a total of six) and wow! I think four might be one hole too many, the upper bass can overshadow things a bit in some songs but overall I really like it. Impressive what these drivers are capable of!

using dynamat around the vented holes can tighten up the bass a touch and solve some of the "muddiness". i also like to throw some on the back of the driver too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back