post your grado mods....
Mar 22, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #286 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HPIM2355.jpg

I've already said it ...

But thought I'd mention again ...

That is one fine looking piece of work, mang!

Rock on!

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #287 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My goodness!! Those look fantastic which models were modded this way? And please describe the differences between the stock model and the modded version. Great job man, did you do the modding yourself?

Thanks so much
biggrin.gif
. They are SR225's that I kept at stock for less than 2 months; my grandfather and I did the woody together, so these have an incredible amount of sentimentalism for me.

Here are some impressions I posted in an earlier thread -

Quote:

I haven't had much time to listen to them yet, but the 2 major improvements I have noticed are in bass and soundstage. The cups, combined with the taped bowls in particular, produce a desirable amount of kick/impact and resonance in the bass; this is what I have really been looking for since I first bought the SR225's. The soundstage is a good bit wider; the signature remains very forward but I do hear extension across both sides of my head. The rational behind increased soundstage lies in the length/depth of the cups. This is really why I chose to a deep woody - to reap more of the benefits from the mod.

The treble remains sparkling, just how I like it. On one song I noticed the presentation was slightly more forward (think flats vs. bowls), but this effect seems to have been an anomaly from the rest of my listening.

This pretty much has remained true over the past few days. The bass is most dramatic improvement I'd say, and that alone is worth the effort to do the woody.

~~~~

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1rrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've already said it ...

But thought I'd mention again ...

That is one fine looking piece of work, mang!

Rock on!

smily_headphones1.gif

I am always honored, thanks for all your advice and help friend
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #288 of 8,992
Quote:

I am always honored, thanks for all your advice and help friend
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't be surprised if my roommate wants to send you his SR225's for the same attentions ...

(I forwarded him a pic of your mod)

wink.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #289 of 8,992
Yes, that's really great work man!

Congrats!

Quote:

I very much doubt that the location of the grill impacts the rest of the woody's chamber. So long as you have a grill there to protect the driver, it should be perfectly alright.

My woody is actually 2 pieces - the chamber and the lip were glued together with the mesh resting in between the two. The lips of my cups happen to be so thick that my mesh appears to be farther down inside the chambers, but they are actually sitting right on top of them.

Here's a pic to give an idea of what I'm talking about (had been meaning to post anyway):

HPIM2355.jpg

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #290 of 8,992
Quote:

Don't be surprised if my roommate wants to send you his SR225's for the same attentions ...

wink.gif

I'd be more than happy to once school finishes up in May
smily_headphones1.gif
. I also have about 30-40 different pictures of these that I can upload. I found myself drooling over them at 1 in the morning last night with camera in-hand
biggrin.gif

~~~

Quote:

Yes, that's really great work man!

Congrats!

Thanks ricmat, I really appreciate it
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #292 of 8,992
and man, I feel so tempted about buying some another Alessandro MS-1 and ask you to do the same!... ...

smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

wink.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #294 of 8,992
Portabel MS1 with mentionable soundscape - goodstuff
smily_headphones1.gif

th_xP1010003-1.jpg
th_xP1010004.jpg
th_xP1010005.jpg
th_xP1010009.jpg
th_xP1010013.jpg

xP1010036.jpg

Apr 7, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #295 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
about 35 bucks shipped, something like that? for a SR60 you might want to think about the 5 dollar Senn414 pads instead.

On Sennheiser's site there isn't any info whatsoever on HD414. Where do you propose we get the pads from?
confused.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #297 of 8,992
Since I sold my red lettered SR100 I have gone back to my trusty ol' 225's. I really miss the look of the red lettering and I'm considering doing some cosmetic mods and either rubbing off the silver or painting over the silver with a nice red paint. Not being the arts and crafts type, is there a particular type of paint I should be looking for that will look nice and glossy, and will stay (relatively) put from skin contact? And I'm assuming I'd need a really fine paint brush too?
biggrin.gif

edit: and now that I think about it, I really want to reterminate to a 1/8 plug. Would my best option be to perhaps chop off the end and solder on a new one? I've never reterminated before so would I need a bunch of extra materials to make it look, well, not hideous?

Apr 23, 2008 at 11:31 AM Post #298 of 8,992
Wood: cocobolo

copper screen to match my MAX

Not my pictures.
p1000129el1.jpg

sorry, volume pot came loose
p1000127ql8.jpg

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #299 of 8,992
Maybe I should post my question in the DIY section? =x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back