Orthodynamic Roundup
Jan 8, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #12,961 of 27,161
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoilermakerFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would not have paid $700 for a T50v1 though.
wink.gif

Glad you're in the 'relatively sane' camp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMF
But in the end, it's different horses for different courses. All orthos and even Stax look like bargains next to the JH13 or JE13s, or whatever those $1500 IEMs are called.
tongue.gif

Haha, they're only $1150 I think, plus ear impressions. And yeah, there's quite a large bit of hype 'round certain parts.
wink.gif
Some people say JH13s are the best bargain in audio, you plug them in an iPod and it somehow sounds amazing. iPods sound like crap with everything else so it must be magic. And yeah, different horses for different courses is true as well. I happened to find that 'stats give more bang for the buck than orthos and have now pretty much fully converted.

I gotta get around to building my SR-X Pro.

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #12,962 of 27,161
btw i had modify and add some pict that Kabeer had asked before + technical info for the T20v2 on the Wikiphonia, please check it out:
Fostex T20RP v2 - Wikiphonia

lets get back to the Ortho topic guys, shall we ?
wink.gif

@ Sim1:
Kabeer wasn't bought that last one from Y!japan, cos he already had the previous and for less price...
just curious can you describe how much are the different (on their sound wise) from T20v2 & that germany T50v2, i see on your profile about the T20v2...
popcorn.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #12,965 of 27,161
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I gotta get around to building my SR-X Pro.

You missed a good price original Stax last week
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw i had modify and add some pict that Kabeer had asked before + technical info for the T20v2 on the Wikiphonia, please check it out:
Fostex T20RP v2 - Wikiphonia

Good pics!

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #12,967 of 27,161
Here is pic of those my Grundigs GDHS-224 and those modified ATH ESW7/9 pads. At sound i wont still say anything until i get my amp here since i didn't got pads before christmas when i was home last time. Out of old cheap FM radio sound is muddy and way too bassy and out of 30y old tv it's brighter but it miss something and it wont have that killer bass which it have trough radio.
img2803j.jpg

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #12,968 of 27,161
Quote:

Originally Posted by lahtis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is pic of those my Grundigs GDHS-224 and those modified ATH ESW7/9 pads. At sound i wont still say anything until i get my amp here since i didn't got pads before christmas when i was home last time. Out of old cheap FM radio sound is muddy and way too bassy and out of 30y old tv it's brighter but it miss something and it wont have that killer bass which it have trough radio.

Bassy? Perhaps I should try those ATH pads on mine as well. Looks good
beerchug.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #12,969 of 27,161
Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bassy? Perhaps I should try those ATH pads on mine as well. Looks good
beerchug.gif

Sorry bad word selection wanted to say it sound like it have way too much bass out of that radio. I take later better picture of those pads only. They need some modding that can get them fit on those phones i did cut circular rings of plastic at DVD case and then i did tape those pads on them using indoor carpet tape. That they would stay straight and easier to remove than if i would tape them directly on phones.

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #12,970 of 27,161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You missed a good price original Stax last week
tongue.gif

I don't need 2 but how much did it go for?

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #12,971 of 27,161
Quote:

I don't need 2 but how much did it go for?

Ahh you already have one. Im pretty sure it went for 30k Yen. Before factoring the shipping and fees involved.

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #12,972 of 27,161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh you already have one. Im pretty sure it went for 30k Yen. Before factoring the shipping and fees involved.

Well I already have all the parts to build one. That is a good price, actually. About the same as I paid for all my parts, plus everything's already built. You win some, you lose some. I do have an extra pair of SR-X mk3 drivers once I do the swap though. Plus I already promised myself I wouldn't buy any headphones in 2010.

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #12,973 of 27,161
Quote:

Plus I already promised myself I wouldn't buy any headphones in 2010.

floatsmile.png
yeah good luck with that one!

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #12,974 of 27,161
Quote:

Plus I already promised myself I wouldn't buy any headphones in 2010.

Kabeer, I think he meant to type, "Plus I already promised myself I wouldn't buy any more than 10 new headphones in 2010."

That's what I promised myself too. That leaves ESP/950s, LCD-2s, SR-X, 007 MkIs, AKG's new flagship, Kenwood KH-92s, and four yet to be determined potential headphones on the safe list.
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back