Orthodynamic Roundup
Jan 6, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #12,946 of 27,180
Quote:

Originally Posted by wualta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GREAT photo of your son, IQEM! I only wish my sons were that excited about audio.

Very glad to hear both that you got a T20v2 in what looks like excellent condition, and that you enjoy it already. There's plenty of performance built into the T20v2; have fun with it!

yes as kabeer had ask via PM, i'll contribute the original box & user manual picts for wikiphonia later...
i luv this T20v2 better than other, it have potential as much as YH100 & YHD3...now i let be on the stock form just to get to know it better, before i do some experiment with...it makes me wonder how good T10, T30 & T50...
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should make the one with his mouth open as your avatar. Cute pictures.

thank's scompton, I'll make the other (cute) pict for my next avatar...
wink.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #12,947 of 27,180
Quote:

Originally Posted by wualta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GREAT photo of your son, IQEM! I only wish my sons were that excited about audio.

Very glad to hear both that you got a T20v2 in what looks like excellent condition, and that you enjoy it already. There's plenty of performance built into the T20v2; have fun with it!

They have no ortho love?
jecklinsmile.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #12,948 of 27,180
Suddenly my gigantic purchase last month doesnt seem so bad (mine is costing me nearly as much as a HE5 after fees).
¢¡FOSTEX¡¡T50¡¡Ì¾µ¡¡¡ÈþÉÊ¡¡¸µÈ¢ÉÕ¤*¡¡¡ÚÃæ¸Å¡Û - Yahoo!¥ª¡¼¥¯¥·¥ç¥ó
eek.gif

Depending on which conversion you take thats anywhere from $660 (xe.com), - $717 (kuboten/celga, which would be $800ish after fees :s) woww. And I havent even done my exposé on them yet....

Im so glad it turns out im not the craziest screwdriver in the toolbox!

EDIT: Nice pics as well iQem! You have a mini orthofan there
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #12,951 of 27,180
Jan 7, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #12,952 of 27,180
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EDIT: Nice pics as well iQem! You have a mini orthofan there
smily_headphones1.gif

thx buddy, yes my son always curious with all of my audio equipment and so on...
well, he's me in mini version...
smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy hell!!!

what's up spritzer, miss the sound of T50 ?
smile.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #12,953 of 27,180
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's up spritzer, miss the sound of T50 ?
smile.gif

Can't say I do. When I had them they got little to no use and the SR-007 is a far, far better transducer. I'm done with collecting headphones so there was no reason to keep them. Plus they went to a very good home.

Jan 7, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #12,955 of 27,180
Quote:

Can't say I do. When I had them they got little to no use and the SR-007 is a far, far better transducer.

There's no doubt about this. I'd put the T50v1 at the level of an SR-X mk3, and only after proper damping. Perhaps it would improve with circumaural pads but then it brings up other issues to deal with.

Jan 7, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #12,956 of 27,180
Well, let's see, $250-$300 versus $1K+... plus an amp.

Hmmm.

I'm building my eXStata and will eventually add a 007-MkI to the stable, but I still love the orthos. Bang for the buck even with the higher priced ones, is still phenomenal.

Jan 7, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #12,957 of 27,180
That's the point I was trying to make. The T50v1 went for ~$700 and I find it on the level of something that cost me less than 1/4 that. The SR-X beats the pants off most orthos.

Jan 7, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #12,959 of 27,180
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the point I was trying to make. The T50v1 went for ~$700 and I find it on the level of something that cost me less than 1/4 that. The SR-X beats the pants off most orthos.

I would not have paid $700 for a T50v1 though.
wink.gif

But in the end, it's different horses for different courses. All orthos and even Stax look like bargains next to the JH13 or JE13s, or whatever those $1500 IEMs are called.
tongue.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #12,960 of 27,180
Quote:

I had headphones that cost 4-7 times as much as the SR-007 and they are all gone now so it is all relative. The T-50 is a fine headphone but I'd take a SR-X Mk3 Pro over it in a heartbeat which is cheaper, even for a real Stax made model.

SRX-MK3 pro is still pretty pricey on these boards. I sense a Stax Maffia attack
tongue.gif

Im not going to defend which sounds better than another as I havent actually heard the v1 nor an SRXpro. But a few observances, there are those like me who really appreciate the ease of use of a TRS terminated headphone.

Eg: I can run my YH-1000 straight out of my laptop as its sensitive enough. Im not claiming thats the ideal way to run it. But its just that I can use it with pretty much anything I fancy. Stax are tied into specific amps or speaker rigs.

But all these prices (even SRX-pro) are collector prices, they go for whatever people have set the market at. Establishing worth price wise is another story. There are far more heinous price sins around in the Dynamic (and IEM as bmf pointed out) world
tongue.gif

Now I have just ressurected my HP-50s after a LOONG hiatus, and ahhh its like an old shoe
smily_headphones1.gif
, comfy sound wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back