Orthodynamic Roundup
Oct 12, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #22,066 of 27,185
Oct 12, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #22,067 of 27,185
Oct 12, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #22,068 of 27,185
Nice find! Let's see if they'll jump on the +$1K bandwagon or break the business of Audeze & Hifiman
devil_face.gif

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #22,070 of 27,185
Oct 12, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #22,071 of 27,185
Oct 12, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #22,072 of 27,185
  This is HUGE news. This is the first large scale manufacturer to announce this. Unfortunately it looks like they are going the high end route from the looks of that prototype... 
Would have liked to have seen more affordable models appearing (like the orthos of old and the T50rp) but lets see how this plays out! :).

I agree - but it will be very interesting how high end they can squeeze out of their RP driver in a good headset :) 
After all, since they can modify the driver, they have a better starting point than various modders have.

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #22,073 of 27,185
I don't see any point for anyone to offer good-sounding orthos for a low price when people are willing to pay so much for them.

A modern version of a well-modded HP-50 for $100 would be like the A-bomb going off.

Oct 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #22,074 of 27,185

I agree - but it will be very interesting how high end they can squeeze out of their RP driver in a good headset :) 
After all, since they can modify the driver, they have a better starting point than various modders have.

That's what I'm hoping. With all the resources available to them they should be able to nail something down.

In reference to a cheaper VOLKSORTHO ( I agree with Vid's comment above ) still got my fingers crossed that Philips will come up with something cheap and snazzy in this area. They seem to be innovating pretty well lately and they have to notice all the increased fuss over this type of headphone.
Bring it to the masses.

If Fosex is well received on this one, just possible they will do a nice big round one later on.

Maybe we'll get lucky and some Russian entrepreneur will start releasing the updated TDS / Amfiton lineups with modern materials.

sorry people my post is overrun with "what if's" I try to avoid that lately, didn't work this post.

Oct 12, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #22,076 of 27,185
  Looks like the head band and cup holders are from the TH900/TH600, so you can pretty much expect a price range of about ~1k$.

Looks like I can hold onto my HE-500 for a bit longer than. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #22,077 of 27,185
iQEM yes i understood that,  Thanks.

anytime nick,

last nite i had compare both T30&T10 on my portable amp setup..
the overall trimbe&ambience still more balanced on T10 but somehow T10 sound a lil bit unnatural on midbass, like a short decay..
T30 however more flexible on the midbass, the decay are just perfect..but it still to forward for my taste, FYI am prefer balance sound than midrange lover..
so i deciede to rolling the damping again to change the presentation of overall stage imaging..
i remove the stock mineral wool from opening area on the cover cup, place an opencell thin foam there..
and i put the small mineral wool between the big diametre mineral wool+semi dense green felt and bass lense felt+black paper filter..now its sound more balance&the speed increase..
thats for now..

and thanks for sharing that Fostex RP new protoype..

Oct 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #22,078 of 27,185
iQEM yes i understood that,  Thanks.

anytime nick,

last nite i had compare both T30&T10 on my portable amp setup..
the overall trimbe&ambience still more balanced on T10 but somehow T10 sound a lil bit unnatural on midbass, like a short decay..as i could remember, the stock one of my friend have the same issue as well..
T30 however more flexible on the midbass, the decay are just perfect..
but it still too forward for my taste, FYI am prefer balance sound than midrange lover..
so i deciede to rolling the damping again to change the presentation of overall stage imaging..
i remove the stock mineral wool from opening area on the cover cup, place an opencell thin foam there..
and i put the small mineral wool between the big diametre mineral wool+semi dense green felt and bass lense felt+black paper filter..now its sound more balance&the speed increase..
thats for now..

and thanks for sharing that Fostex RP new protoype..

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #22,079 of 27,185
That damping method is something I will have to see to figure out
bigsmile_face.gif
  so many things, but it's nice to be able to get it closer to what you like.
Nothing worse than that nagging feeling of something not right in the sound.  Though that can go on  for a while.

Great news on the redamping success..

Oct 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #22,080 of 27,185

Users who are viewing this thread

Back