Multiple IEM Shootout v.3
Dec 9, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #271 of 297
Also have E5 which I think does do much help sonically apart from increasing the volume some notches, What I really feel lacking somewhat in M2 is a wide soundstage. I think its too closed and not at all airy. So what I am looking next is some earphones which would be as fun as M2 (may be better on high end) with a wide soundstage. That is what my next hunt is.

Quote:
Quote:
Great Stuff!! Seriously, I mean that is some feat, bought a Brainwavz M2 (never knew it even existed before I saw head-fi) and it is just awweesome (not that I have many other to compare) but I think its just what I wanted!! Thank you for making this as easy as reading!! What do you think would be next step?? (I cant believe I am already thinking this!!).

Go slow - if M2 satisfies you for the time being, stay with it.

Think about what you exactly need - M2 + a few things more / less? Something totally different from M2? Then hunt for it.

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #272 of 297
ClieOS, thank you again!

RE262 was not on my list and now I am thinking of it as well. I knew that a new batch of Eterna V1 is released but its sure that we cant be sure enough of its sound quality.

Did you ever try Denon AHC-710's. If your answer will be "yes" I will have some more questions.

Jan 1, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #275 of 297
Jan 1, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #276 of 297
He's asking how the Eterna v1s compare to the v2s.

I also have a question, have you ever noted any build quality issues wiu the PL50s? I had my right driver casing split in just 3 days.

Jan 1, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #277 of 297
Quote:
He's asking how the Eterna v1s compare to the v2s.

If that's the case - I find v1 much better than v2.

Quote:
I also have a question, have you ever noted any build quality issues wiu the PL50s? I had my right driver casing split in just 3 days.

There are reports from time to time about the casing splitting apart, especially on the early 2nd batch. SM doesn't use a very strong glue on the housing, thus it will split apart when a little force is applied. The easy fix is to glue it back with a tiny bit of superglue. The pair I have doesn't have any problem though.

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #278 of 297
ClieOS,

I would appreciate your comments considering the ONLY music genres i would be listening to are going to be (psychedelic) trance and chillout/ambient. What would you recommend amongst Sunrise sw xcape, head direct re-0, heard direct re-zero and etymotic mc5 ?

Thanks...

Jan 14, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #279 of 297
I won't recommend the MC5. It is a good overall package but the IEM itself doesn't sound particularly great. RE0 is probably too bass light for trance. Xcape and RE-ZERO are both more suitable. Xcape is flatter but it has deeper (but not large in any sense) bass than ZERO. ZERO is more treble focus and detail, and more fun to listen to. Another good option is ECCI PR401 - slightly less refined than Xcape and ZERO on presenting detail, but a lot more dynamic and fun to listen to, especially for trance.

Jan 15, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #281 of 297
Quote:
Thanks a lot for your comments. I guess i will go with the RE-ZERO then. And may i ask you if a fiio e5 or e7 would make any difference in SQ wise to either RE-ZERO or Xcape ?

Depends on your source that E7 can be helpful. But the IEM themselves don't really need extra amping.

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #282 of 297

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks a lot for your comments. I guess i will go with the RE-ZERO then. And may i ask you if a fiio e5 or e7 would make any difference in SQ wise to either RE-ZERO or Xcape ?

Depends on your source that E7 can be helpful. But the IEM themselves don't really need extra amping.

Thanks again. I think i might try the E7 as i can use it as a dac when at home. And maybe my ath m50 and ath ad700 could benefit from that as well.

Jan 22, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #283 of 297
I'm need help. I'm caught between fischer audio eterna v1 and sunrise sw-xcape.
I could not make a decision. Ways of listening to music, techno, underground, and instrumental (eg, Omar Faruk Tekbilek - I Love You), the width of the soundstage, detail, bass, treble, medium.
Can you do an evaluation between these two headphones.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sorry for my english

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #284 of 297
Quote:
I could not make a decision. Ways of listening to music, techno, underground, and instrumental (eg, Omar Faruk Tekbilek - I Love You), the width of the soundstage, detail, bass, treble, medium.

Eterna is fun to listen, but might not be detail enough. While Xcape is technically more capable, it is not quite as fun and exciting as Eterna. Between the two, I am more incline to recommend Xcape. However, I think you should also take a look at Silver Bullet and PR401, where both have a more balanced sound signature that might better the kind of music you listen.

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #285 of 297

Quote:
Quote:

Eterna is fun to listen, but might not be detail enough. While Xcape is technically more capable, it is not quite as fun and exciting as Eterna. Between the two, I am more incline to recommend Xcape. However, I think you should also take a look at Silver Bullet and PR401, where both have a more balanced sound signature that might better the kind of music you listen.

Thanks a lot, between what these four headphones, Soundstage and the details do you think is better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back