Multiple IEM Shootout v.3
Jan 13, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #151 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by EraserXIV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have confirmed with Meelec that you WILL be getting the newer version.

I am quoting the official price, but excellent info on the overstock.com deal!
beerchug.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #152 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by EraserXIV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see that you updated the M9 with a sonic diamond, but also updated the price saying it's only available at $20. However, you can still buy it at overstock.com for $17.49 here: MEElectronics AI-M9 Sound-isolating Earphones | Overstock.com

Good lookin' out. I was just about to update my price to $20 along with the new ratings.

Jan 25, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #153 of 297
May I ask what is the sound difference between the triplefi 10 and ortofon Q7?

I have the triplefi and am kinda tempted to get the ortofon since the overall looks look really nice!

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #154 of 297
TF10 has analytical, slight bright treble, recessed but not too far away mid, a good kicking bass and a great soundstage. Ortofon e-Q7 has a smooth treble, full mid with sweet vocal, a good, warm dynamic-like bass and an average soundstage. If TF10 is great for classical than e-Q7 is great for vocal. I think they compliment each other quite well.

You can read my review of e-Q7 here.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #156 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TF10 has analytical, slight bright treble, recessed but not too far away mid, a good kicking bass and a great soundstage. Ortofon e-Q7 has a smooth treble, full mid with sweet vocal, a good, warm dynamic-like bass and an average soundstage. If TF10 is great for classical than e-Q7 is great for vocal. I think they compliment each other quite well.

You can read my review of e-Q7 here.

Thank you for ur quick reply
biggrin.gif
think the ortofon suits my liking, better mids and dynamic-like bass... now i just hope that theres a place where i can demo the ortofon, hope jaben would carry it in the future
tongue.gif

yea and i hope there would be a price drop for the ortofon xD

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #157 of 297
jaben does carry it sorta..they have it bundled with an amp or dac or something and its listed at 430. you can ask them if they can sell just the iem and what the price is.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #158 of 297
ClieOS where is the link to your IE8 (assuming you did one)? I would be interested in what you had to say about it. Thanks.

EricP

Jan 25, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #159 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jaben does carry it sorta..they have it bundled with an amp or dac or something and its listed at 430. you can ask them if they can sell just the iem and what the price is.

nice! hope i can try it when i go down to jaben next time. if its good i ma sell my tf 10 and get that xD

Jan 27, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #160 of 297
Wow, looked at 2 of your review posts ClieOS, and you're been tons of help.
Currently looking for a pair of iem's for the girlfriend, and only know a few names and models from being on Head-fi, otherwise not being a huge iem fan.
Narrowed down my decision, thanks!!!

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #161 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ClieOS where is the link to your IE8 (assuming you did one)? I would be interested in what you had to say about it.

I auditioned IE8 in a store a few months ago, like it enough that I consider it to be a top-tier but didn't buy it because of the US$500 local price. I would have pick one up if it is on the $300 range like most of its competitors. Since I don't have one, I can't review it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dclancy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, looked at 2 of your review posts ClieOS, and you're been tons of help.

Thanks.

Jan 28, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #163 of 297
I would love to review CK10 and CK100, which are both too expensive locally (as AT generally does). I am waiting for their price to drop, that or IE8's. I might pick up a CKS70 if I have the chance, but now I have about 8 more IEM and a few other things in schedule for review while there might be a few more coming in, so there is no hurry in getting any AT at the moment.

Jan 28, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #164 of 297
Quote:

I auditioned IE8 in a store a few months ago, like it enough that I consider it to be a top-tier but didn't buy it because of the US$500 local price. I would have pick one up if it is on the $300 range like most of its competitors. Since I don't have one, I can't review it.

Thanks for the response @ ClieOS

Jan 28, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #165 of 297
Quote:

I would love to review CK10 and CK100, which are both too expensive locally (as AT generally does). I am waiting for their price to drop, that or IE8's. I might pick up a CKS70 if I have the chance, but now I have about 8 more IEM and a few other things in schedule for review while there might be a few more coming in, so there is no hurry in getting any AT at the moment.

are they? i thought the price here (Singapore and Malaysia) are quite competitive compared to the price in Western countries
regular_smile .gif

nevertheless, thanks for your great review
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back