Multiple IEM Shootout v.3
Nov 14, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #107 of 297
Interesting. When I was in contact with them they specifically said they didn't want them sold on ebay.

It also seemed they set the price lower than they are actually selling them for, as per ClieOS's review states $59 and the ebay price in the US is $75 + $10 shipping.

ClieOS, how does the new price change the overall rating? Does it affect the Sonic Diamond award? And thanks again for your awesome review!

Nov 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #108 of 297
From what I know, FA is still selling Eterna for $59 each. There are two ongoing bulk order in some local forum I frequent, and I know they both got quoted separately with the same price.

That eBayer most likely has noticed the demand the review generated (my fault not doubt) and trying to cash in some of it by reselling what most Russians can get from their local stores, hence the markup.

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #110 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftrack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just throwing this out there, you might want to revise the RE0's pricing to $79 to reflect the more recent price reduction.

Thanks, but I like to keep it that way for a while. There is no point of updating the price list and ranking daily, so I am incline to only update when the price change has a long term and very positive effect

Nov 14, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #111 of 297
Hi.

That's a collection of earphones!

I want to ask something about your SQ rating. Is the score based on pure sound quality disregarding price or is the SQ rating sound quality for the price range?

EDIT: I got my answer now. Just read page 5.

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #114 of 297
E3c isolates a bit more, but RE0 is still more than adequate. Comfort wise, I prefer RE0 to that of E3c. For me, RE0 doesn't fall out easily. If you have tried low end Audio Technica (CK6 and such), the fit is roughly the same.

Nov 15, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #115 of 297
The RE0 has never fallen out on me, even running (catching the bus). They have good isolation, but my NE-7m isolates better (it's smaller and I can squeeze it in tighter). But, the RE0 with the biflange tip isolated very nicely, I get the best isolation with this particular tip.

Nov 15, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #116 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E3c isolates a bit more, but RE0 is still more than adequate. Comfort wise, I prefer RE0 to that of E3c. For me, RE0 doesn't fall out easily. If you have tried low end Audio Technica (CK6 and such), the fit is roughly the same.

How about with bi-flanges?

Nov 15, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #117 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by chengbin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about with bi-flanges?

Actually, I use bi-flange most of the time (so the previous post was based on bi-flange as well).

Nov 20, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #118 of 297
Do you think you will do a review on the sleek audio SA1's anytime soon?

Nov 20, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #119 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyro_dragun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think you will do a review on the sleek audio SA1's anytime soon?

I will do a review, but perhaps not 'soon'
tongue.gif

I am trying to finish up RE252 review with in a week, and perhaps Hippo VB and Shroom the following week. Meanwhile I am still waiting for my order of PL21 to arrive, same goes for SA1. I also have another three ~ four reviews scheduled before X'mas (one for FiiO E7 and three yet-to-confirmed IEM/earbud). Hopefully I can get to them in time. If everything goes well, you can expect SA1 review in first or 2nd week in December. I'll try to speed things up but I don't want to rush the process.

There are a few other IEM that looks very interesting as well (PR1 Pro for an example), but I am tied up for now and they'll have to wait.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back