Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #11,446 of 16,931
Hey, I was looking to purchase the VC1000 for EDM music, and apparently the Bass is pretty good for an armature driver because it has two drivers. I was hoping to confirm this. If I were to purchase this where should I purchase it from? Is lendmeyourears.com a good website or are there others that are better?

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #11,447 of 16,931
  I was going to offer to send you the BA200 if you're interested. :p

Someone did offer me one but they were supposed to get it exchanged for a new one under warranty first. Not sure what happened to that... I'll find out,

Hey, I was looking to purchase the VC1000 for EDM music, and apparently the Bass is pretty good for an armature driver because it has two drivers. I was hoping to confirm this. If I were to purchase this where should I purchase it from? Is lendmeyourears.com a good website or are there others that are better?

The VC1000 is still pretty neutral in the grand scheme of things. Unless you already know that you like a fairly flat/balanced sound, it wouldn't be my first choice for EDM. I think something like GR07 Bass Edition would be a better option for EDM. It has more bass but still sounds more accurate overall compared to most mainstream/big brand sets. 

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #11,448 of 16,931
Someone did offer me one but they were supposed to get it exchanged for a new one under warranty first. Not sure what happened to that... I'll find out,

Was that me? I can't remember lol. If so, I totally forgot. :xf_eek:

Yea, shoot me a PM if it was.

Sep 12, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #11,449 of 16,931
My Brainwavz B2 are close to dead now, and although they were nice, the signature was just not for me. I listen to many genres; rock, EDM, trailer, instrumental, D&B, dance, you name it. After trying out various different IEMs and headphones, I'm become more sensitive to sibilance, little to no sub-bass and recessed mids. I guess I'm looking for a warmer pair of IEM (or headphone) with full sounding mids, good impact (more than the B2, maybe around the 9927, but to or less than the MH1C) and to an extent sparkly mids, low of sibilance. I'm still gearing towards the RE-400, and after reading the VC-1000 review, maybe those, or even the GR07 bass edition or the Philips Fidelio S1. I'm kind of asking for the perfect pair of IEMs, all under $200, though anything above $200 or good portable headphones like the Momentum could be noted. Thanks.

Sep 12, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #11,450 of 16,931
The VC1000 is still pretty neutral in the grand scheme of things. Unless you already know that you like a fairly flat/balanced sound, it wouldn't be my first choice for EDM. I think something like GR07 Bass Edition would be a better option for EDM. It has more bass but still sounds more accurate overall compared to most mainstream/big brand sets. 

My friend has the klipsch x10, and he primarily plays house music. My only reference to sound would be the Crossfade LP1 from vmoda I guess, but I'm not looking for too much bass, just a fun sound. Thank you for your reply

Sep 12, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #11,451 of 16,931
Was that me? I can't remember lol. If so, I totally forgot.
redface.gif

Yea, shoot me a PM if it was.

Just checked and it wasn't you. I get so many PMs that usernames totally skip my mind sometimes. 

My Brainwavz B2 are close to dead now, and although they were nice, the signature was just not for me. I listen to many genres; rock, EDM, trailer, instrumental, D&B, dance, you name it. After trying out various different IEMs and headphones, I'm become more sensitive to sibilance, little to no sub-bass and recessed mids. I guess I'm looking for a warmer pair of IEM (or headphone) with full sounding mids, good impact (more than the B2, maybe around the 9927, but to or less than the MH1C) and to an extent sparkly mids, low of sibilance. I'm still gearing towards the RE-400, and after reading the VC-1000 review, maybe those, or even the GR07 bass edition or the Philips Fidelio S1. I'm kind of asking for the perfect pair of IEMs, all under $200, though anything above $200 or good portable headphones like the Momentum could be noted. Thanks.

I wouldn't recommend the VC1000, the GR07, or even the Fidelio S1 for that matter if you thought the B2's treble was too unforgiving. The VC1000 is slightly less bright, but has a similar response overall. The GR07 has some sibilance-prone features, and the S1 is still a little edgy, like the GR07 without the peaks. 

The RE-400, on the other hand, has the right treble and midrange balance but may not have enough bass for you. It's certainly nowhere near MH1C levels and is only a little more full-bodied than the B2. I guess to date I haven't really heard anything in the price range that would not be a downgrade from the B2 and ticks all of those boxes as far as sound signature goes. 

My friend has the klipsch x10, and he primarily plays house music. My only reference to sound would be the Crossfade LP1 from vmoda I guess, but I'm not looking for too much bass, just a fun sound. Thank you for your reply

Yeah, I would not recommend the VC1000. Compared to the X10 and the LP1 it has much less bass. The GR07 Bass Edition is probably the most accurate set I would recommend coming from a Crossfade. There will still be less bass on the VSonics, but at least you'll feel some of it. 

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #11,453 of 16,931
Hi! You rated the sound of the ADDIEM (2009) 64%, despite the positive words. Was it because the name? Reading Rin-Choi's blog, he describes the revised model as "budget wonder", especially when a 33Ω impedance resistor is added. That should mean at least 85-90% for sound.
smile.gif
According to the graphs, there are no big differences between the old, and new model.

And I would like to hear something about the cheapest knowles twfk iem of the planet, the Samsung EHS 71. It's $49.99 in the US.

Sep 13, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #11,454 of 16,931

And I would like to hear something about the cheapest knowles twfk iem of the planet, the Samsung EHS 71. It's $49.99 in the US.

Um...  there's no specifications anywhere that says the EHS-71 uses the Knowles TWFK driver.  Just about anything I can find state that it's a single balanced armature driver.

Oh, and that it sounds like crap.

Sep 13, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #11,456 of 16,931
  I'm enjoying the sound signature of the A161P but don't like the mic and the thin cables - anyway I want to upgrade . If I like the Meelec maybe I'd like the VC1000 to....? Reading the reviews - suppose yes. What you think joker, guys ?

VC1000 vs A161P

The VC1000 is more refined, more spacious, more accurate, more balanced, mids not as forward, more airy and open-sounding. 
A161P is more intimate overall with more forward mids. Doesn't quite have the treble extension of the VC1000 and the overall balance is not as good as a result.

Cable thickness is actually not too different between the two but the VSonic cables feel stronger. 

Hi! You rated the sound of the ADDIEM (2009) 64%, despite the positive words. Was it because the name? Reading Rin-Choi's blog, he describes the revised model as "budget wonder", especially when a 33Ω impedance resistor is added. That should mean at least 85-90% for sound.
smile.gif
According to the graphs, there are no big differences between the old, and new model.

There are no percentages... it's a sliding scale based on how it compares to other IEMs. And unfortunately my ADDIEM died years ago so I don't have it for comparisons anymore. Lastly, I don't go off measurements when writing reviews - according to measurements the Earsonics SM64 (for example) is a terrible earphone and inferior to the preceding SM3 model. Yet, I quite like mine and can easily notice where it performs better than the SM3. 

Sep 14, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #11,457 of 16,931

Um...  there's no specifications anywhere that says the EHS-71 uses the Knowles TWFK driver.  Just about anything I can find state that it's a single balanced armature driver.

Oh, and that it sounds like crap.

The Samsung EHS 70 is/was the single BA of Samsung's line. The EHS-71 uses 100% TWFK. The sound of them (what I get from the few reviews) is harsh, and very light in bass. I think it is because of the white acoustic damper it uses, and the bad stock tips. The first gen UE700, came with the same tips. + The UE700 used green acoustic damper, which is better for taming the mid, high frequencies.

Ljokerl

Do you understand all the graphs, used in Rin Choi's measurements or in the reviews of Goldenears? I'm not. But Rin at least provides a summary, which can help. I like written reviews better. You are the one of only few people man can trust in the IEM world.
smile.gif

By the ADDIEM (II), people's opinion confirmed the measurements. And I was a little surprised by your sound rating. That's why I wrote you.

Sep 14, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #11,458 of 16,931
Earsonics S-EM6 has been annouced. 6-BA / 3-way universal.

http://theheadphonelist.com/category/news/

Do you understand all the graphs, used in Rin Choi's measurements or in the reviews of Goldenears? I'm not. But Rin at least provides a summary, which can help. I like written reviews better. You are the one of only few people man can trust in the IEM world.
smile.gif

By the ADDIEM (II), people's opinion confirmed the measurements. And I was a little surprised by your sound rating. That's why I wrote you.

Yes, I understand the graphs. My reviews on InnerFidelity include measurements. However, I tend to trust my ears first and measurements second. Some things sound better than they measure and some - worse. The UE600 measures very well, for example, but every time I listen to it I just don't get the feeling that it's quite a top-tier earphone. This is very obvious next to the UE900. 

Sep 14, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #11,459 of 16,931
Hey joker I need your advice please
Few months back I bought vsonic gr06 as an upgrade over my sound magic es18 .(thanks to your detailed review)
Despite finding gr06 congested/narrowed in beginning now I am in love with its sound clarity and reproduction :D
Probably I am loving this mid centric signature very much :) :D
I wanted to ask in future if I wish to get an upgrade for my gr06 which IEM would u recommend having similar sound signature(mid centric) but would obviously give me more enhanced taste of music,budget (upto 200$)
(Not that I am not contended with my existing earphone just the desire to hear even better if any )
In case u wanna know my existing consideration ...I am getting attracted to Yamaha eph100.
Thanks

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #11,460 of 16,931
... Joker I do hate and love you... I HATE iems and I SWEAR I recommend this thread to people like 6 times a day q.q I'm SO tired of NOT being able to enjoy this thread due to my hate of Iems xD you've done such an EPIC job of reviewing them... and sadly no such  Headphone thread of THIS magnitude exists... or not one as pretty as yours so

THANKS and go jump off a small cliff 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back