Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #11,461 of 16,931
  The Samsung EHS 70 is/was the single BA of Samsung's line. The EHS-71 uses 100% TWFK. The sound of them (what I get from the few reviews) is harsh, and very light in bass. I think it is because of the white acoustic damper it uses, and the bad stock tips. The first gen UE700, came with the same tips. + The UE700 used green acoustic damper, which is better for taming the mid, high frequencies.

Ljokerl

Do you understand all the graphs, used in Rin Choi's measurements or in the reviews of Goldenears? I'm not. But Rin at least provides a summary, which can help. I like written reviews better. You are the one of only few people man can trust in the IEM world.
smile.gif

By the ADDIEM (II), people's opinion confirmed the measurements. And I was a little surprised by your sound rating. That's why I wrote you.

I thought we debunked this:
· Driver Type: Metal balanced armature driver (4.3mm x 3mm rectangular)

The TWFK is not that small. Why not say dual if it is one? The dual dynamic HS330 touts dual speakers. Always seems to be a siren style driver in the 70 and the better driver in the 71.The ED series measurements match up(4.3 X 2.97). Someone crack one open if they are only $50 :) 

BTW, interesting to know the new Earsonics is a universal. Most thought it was a custom.

Sep 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #11,462 of 16,931
  I thought we debunked this:
· Driver Type: Metal balanced armature driver (4.3mm x 3mm rectangular)

The TWFK is not that small. Why not say dual if it is one? The dual dynamic HS330 touts dual speakers. Always seems to be a siren style driver in the 70 and the better driver in the 71.The ED series measurements match up(4.3 X 2.97). Someone crack one open if they are only $50 :) 

BTW, interesting to know the new Earsonics is a universal. Most thought it was a custom.

The right one Is the TWFK from my UE700. In the middle is a Knowles 30103 (Pionner CLX9), on the left is a Sonion 17A003 (Microsonic Epic X from 2009). Monoprice 9927 represents the dynamic type.

Sep 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #11,464 of 16,931
Looks like the Earsonics will be priced at 790€ (around $1050) for non-VAT countries. 

Hey joker I need your advice please
Few months back I bought vsonic gr06 as an upgrade over my sound magic es18 .(thanks to your detailed review)
Despite finding gr06 congested/narrowed in beginning now I am in love with its sound clarity and reproduction
biggrin.gif

Probably I am loving this mid centric signature very much
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif

I wanted to ask in future if I wish to get an upgrade for my gr06 which IEM would u recommend having similar sound signature(mid centric) but would obviously give me more enhanced taste of music,budget (upto 200$)
(Not that I am not contended with my existing earphone just the desire to hear even better if any )
In case u wanna know my existing consideration ...I am getting attracted to Yamaha eph100.
Thanks

The EPH-100 is a good option. It can't be called mid-centric because it has a ton of bass but the mids are nice and prominent still. Treble is smoother than that of the GR06, or at least avoids the sibilance-prone ranges. Truth be told higher-end IEMs typically do not have sound signatures like the GR06 because, as you said, it can sound congested and that's not something you want said about your product when its priced at $200.

The RE-400 can sound a little mid-centric due to the relaxed treble and level, non-enhanced bass but it won't have the bass impact of the GR06. The treble is much smoother, though, and it doesn't sound congested in the least. The MEElec A161P can sound mid-centric for similar reasons.

Another option would be the JVC FXT90, which has solid bass and sparkly treble (like the GR06) but doesn't sound mid-recessed. It's a nicely layered earphone so you don't really hear the v-shape of the sound. I liked it a lot. 

... Joker I do hate and love you... I HATE iems and I SWEAR I recommend this thread to people like 6 times a day q.q I'm SO tired of NOT being able to enjoy this thread due to my hate of Iems xD you've done such an EPIC job of reviewing them... and sadly no such  Headphone thread of THIS magnitude exists... or not one as pretty as yours so

THANKS and go jump off a small cliff 

Glad this thread causes such mixed emotions 
size]

The early teaser showed an eartip so I assumed it was a universal. I guess it could have been a custom demo. In any case I'm glad it's a universal
wink.gif

[...]

The right one Is the TWFK from my UE700. In the middle is a Knowles 30103 (Pionner CLX9), on the left is a Sonion 17A003 (Microsonic Epic X from 2009). Monoprice 9927 represents the dynamic type.

More pictures:

[...]

Is any of these the EHS-71?

I hope you get a chance to review the Brainwavz Delta. Truly a new budget benchmark at $20 and a new rival to Soundmagic's SQ value.

Interesting... might have to get my hands on one 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #11,465 of 16,931
Holy crap....first Universal 6 BA IEM?? I thought 4 BAs is already at limit... -head explodes- I can foresee that there'll be 10+ BAs universal IEM in the future

Sep 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #11,466 of 16,931
Holy crap....first Universal 6 BA IEM?? I thought 4 BAs is already at limit... -head explodes- I can foresee that there'll be 10+ BAs universal IEM in the future

Either they have to make smaller BA's, peoples outer ears need to get bigger or they're just going to stick out several centimeters from the ears. 10 BA's, I mean What. 6 is already a lot.

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #11,467 of 16,931
Either they have to make smaller BA's, peoples outer ears need to get bigger or they're just going to stick out several centimeters from the ears. 10 BA's, I mean What. 6 is already a lot.

Actually if they go the more BA route the companies would have to start looking into development and implementation of micro drivers.

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #11,469 of 16,931
Sep 15, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #11,471 of 16,931

I don't really think this going to happen.
I mean look at custom IEMs when 6 and 8 BA IEMs came out people were freaking about it and now. 8driver earphones is still very rare.

Going up with the count of drivers doesn't mean that IEM will sound better. The more driver the harder it is to tune it correctly and it's a long known truth that properly tuned 2 driver can sound even better than 4 or 6 driver IEM.

Sep 15, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #11,475 of 16,931
There are plenty of CIEM demo universals with 6, 8, etc. drivers. In that case, I heard two different ten driver universals before!

The S-EM6 is the first purpose-built universal that has 6 BAs. At the same time, however, it doesn't seem all that innovative. It's basically just an EM6 shoehorned to output through a tiny little 2mm tube. Sure, the manifold should be plenty complex, but I'd still say that something like a TO GO! 334 has more complex construction and pushed the limits of construction more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back