Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #11,431 of 16,931
  I may be able to get MH1C (white one) quite cheap, for around 1k rs (16usd). I wanted to know if there is any way differentiate between a legit and a fake ?

The one you are talking about is the old MH1 version (I asked on the other forum via PM) and not the MH1C. Probably may not work with your phone.

@ljokerl

Any chance that JH13FP is #300? I am looking forward to S1 and S2 reviews as well (as well as TF10 review you promised. Sorry couldn't resist
wink.gif
)

How does Signature Acoustics C-12 stack up against MH1C?

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #11,432 of 16,931
i saw the Sony MH1 on ebay for 15$ and without much hesitation decided
to go for it...thinking to myself, the cable can't be THAT bad...
and damn, it IS that bad... the earphones are unusable!
i don't understand how could Sony produce such a thing...
i think the cable is as bad as it gets...

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #11,433 of 16,931
i saw the Sony MH1 on ebay for 15$ and without much hesitation decided
to go for it...thinking to myself, the cable can't be THAT bad...
and damn, it IS that bad... the earphones are unusable!
i don't understand how could Sony produce such a thing...
i think the cable is as bad as it gets...

Recable it and show me how you did! Do it :D

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #11,434 of 16,931

Thanks Joker.  I'll keep the NT6 on the back burner for now due to the cost.  I'm going to check with Project86 regarding the Cosmic BA4R.  I'm sure the NT6 is technical superior, but the latter is much more wallet friendly

no doubt

The one you are talking about is the old MH1 version (I asked on the other forum via PM) and not the MH1C. Probably may not work with your phone.

@ljokerl

Any chance that JH13FP is #300? I am looking forward to S1 and S2 reviews as well (as well as TF10 review you promised. Sorry couldn't resist
wink.gif
)

How does Signature Acoustics C-12 stack up against MH1C?

C-12 didn't hold up too well against the MH1C - boomier bass, more veiling, not as spacious in terms of presentation. It's not too far behind and the cable is certainly better, but for sound I'd go with the MH1C.

Not sure what #300 will be. If I go in the order I have planned, it'll be something from either Nuforce, VSonic, or Steelseries. I'll try not to make it something too boring, though.

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #11,435 of 16,931

no doubt

C-12 didn't hold up too well against the MH1C - boomier bass, more veiling, not as spacious in terms of presentation. It's not too far behind and the cable is certainly better, but for sound I'd go with the MH1C.

Not sure what #300 will be. If I go in the order I have planned, it'll be something from either Nuforce, VSonic, or Steelseries. I'll try not to make it something too boring, though.

@ljokerl

That will be great.

+1 for SteelSeries. I sometimes wonder how is their Flux In-Ear Pro which is a balance armature headset with swappable cable.
http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-flux-in-ear-pro-headset

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #11,436 of 16,931
@ljokerl

That will be great.

+1 for SteelSeries. I sometimes wonder how is their Flux In-Ear Pro which is a balance armature headset with swappable cable.
http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-flux-in-ear-pro-headset

It's very good, though I wouldn't say the cable is swappable. It detaches about two inches from the plug and you can use either a combined 3.5mm 4-pole plug (smartphone type) or two separate 3-pole plugs (one for mic and one for headset). Unless you use your earphones with a PC a lot, this is of limited utility.

Other than that, and a bit of cable noise, the design is very nice. The sound reminds me of a UE600 but is less sensitive to source and is a bit heavier on the bottom end. Good earphones.  

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #11,437 of 16,931
Hey everyone! My birthday it's coming soon and I feel like it's to upgrade my IEMs!

My budget is around $0 t0 $500, and the 3 models I'm considering the most are 1. Heir Audio 4.Ai   2. Logitech UE900 3. Shure SE535

I'm upgrading from Shure SE215s which I have to admit I really enjoy, but sometimes wish for a more coherent sound, some less bass and better treble extension and reproduction (I find sometimes really high noises hurt my ears on them). As far as on/over ear headphones go I have DT880s which I really enjoy with pop and acoustic music but I find they have something lacking when listening to faster paced music, and V Moda M80s which I think are about perfect but sometimes could use some more sparkle in the highs.

i listen to Many different types of music including Hip Hop, some pop, classic rock, alternative rock and a a good amount of indie/ acoustic/ folk (Elliott Smith, Nick Drake, Animal Collective etc) but probably 30-40% of my music is faster/harder types of music, mostly modern (1990s-now) hardcore, metal. progressive, post hardcore music. some reference bands could be Converge, Between The Buried and Me, and La Dispute.

Any feedback on what you think would suit my tastes better would be infinitely appreciated.

Cheers!

Diego

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #11,438 of 16,931
  Hey everyone! My birthday it's coming soon and I feel like it's to upgrade my IEMs!

My budget is around $0 t0 $500, and the 3 models I'm considering the most are 1. Heir Audio 4.Ai   2. Logitech UE900 3. Shure SE535

I'm upgrading from Shure SE215s which I have to admit I really enjoy, but sometimes wish for a more coherent sound, some less bass and better treble extension and reproduction (I find sometimes really high noises hurt my ears on them). As far as on/over ear headphones go I have DT880s which I really enjoy with pop and acoustic music but I find they have something lacking when listening to faster paced music, and V Moda M80s which I think are about perfect but sometimes could use some more sparkle in the highs.

i listen to Many different types of music including Hip Hop, some pop, classic rock, alternative rock and a a good amount of indie/ acoustic/ folk (Elliott Smith, Nick Drake, Animal Collective etc) but probably 30-40% of my music is faster/harder types of music, mostly modern (1990s-now) hardcore, metal. progressive, post hardcore music. some reference bands could be Converge, Between The Buried and Me, and La Dispute.

Any feedback on what you think would suit my tastes better would be infinitely appreciated.

I'm not sure what the coherency issue you're having with the SE215 is - it uses a single dynamic driver. Unless you mean that you just want something more balanced across the frequency spectrum, I don't think a multi-balanced-armature system would be the answer. 

That said, while I have not heard the Heir 4.Ai, the SE535 is a good upgrade to the SE215 - flatter, more accurate bass and the treble, while not necessarily more energetic overall, is smoother. It's a good fit, especially if, as you said, you find the treble of the SE215 too aggressive at times.

The UE900 is not as warm and tends to have brighter, more energetic treble. It has great treble extension (better than the SE535) and again very tight bass but it's not as good a match for the M-80's sound as the SE535. 

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #11,440 of 16,931

I'm not sure what the coherency issue you're having with the SE215 is - it uses a single dynamic driver. Unless you mean that you just want something more balanced across the frequency spectrum, I don't think a multi-balanced-armature system would be the answer. 

That said, while I have not heard the Heir 4.Ai, the SE535 is a good upgrade to the SE215 - flatter, more accurate bass and the treble, while not necessarily more energetic overall, is smoother. It's a good fit, especially if, as you said, you find the treble of the SE215 too aggressive at times.

The UE900 is not as warm and tends to have brighter, more energetic treble. It has great treble extension (better than the SE535) and again very tight bass but it's not as good a match for the M-80's sound as the SE535. 

Yes pretty much I just meant a somewhat more balanced sound, I suck at everything that describing is. The SE535s sound great, I'll highly consider them since they are the only pair I can get locally, though $100 more expensive than the UE900 or Heir 4.Ai.

Thanks a lot for your input IjokerI!!!!

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #11,441 of 16,931
  I forgot this is Joker's special thread. I'll leave recommendations up to him here. :p. You never did the TDK BA200, Joker?

Yeah the TDK BA200 should be an interesting earphones. I think the v2 comes with a regular cable. Too bad TDK doesn't offer a mic and a more reasonable size Y splitter or  I would be all over it.

Sep 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #11,443 of 16,931
  I forgot this is Joker's special thread. I'll leave recommendations up to him here. :p. You never did the TDK BA200, Joker?

By all means recommend away. I have not heard the BA200 or (I'm sure) dozens of other worthy earphones.

Yes pretty much I just meant a somewhat more balanced sound, I suck at everything that describing is. The SE535s sound great, I'll highly consider them since they are the only pair I can get locally, though $100 more expensive than the UE900 or Heir 4.Ai.

Thanks a lot for your input IjokerI!!!!

Sure 
beerchug.gif

Hi, 
Please compare A161P  vs.  VC1000 bass quantity.
Thanks

Very similar. The A161P has more midrange emphasis overall so the little extra bass it does have over the VC1000 doesn't really stand out. 

Sep 12, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #11,445 of 16,931
By all means recommend away. I have not heard the BA200 or (I'm sure) dozens of other worthy earphones.

Sure :beerchug:

Very similar. The A161P has more midrange emphasis overall so the little extra bass it does have over the VC1000 doesn't really stand out. 

Would really like to send mine to you for a review but I guess mine isn't in a really good condition I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back