Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Aug 23, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #11,281 of 16,931
Quote:
I think you’re thinking of the Lime Ears LE3B. The LE3 is pretty neutral, maybe slightly warm but no more so than a HiFiMan RE-400, for example.

The CTM-200 doesn’t have any more deep bass than the Etys (in fact, I think it drops off a little more quickly) so it doesn’t really fit your requirements.

The Alclair Reference has the bass but lacks the level treble of the Etys. It sounds more like the GR07 at the top with some hotness/peaks. Other than that it’s quite good. Not sure what the Alclair dual sounds like. The quad-driver RSM is pretty consistent with the sound of the 3-driver reference, just better in terms of imaging, bass quality, and overall balance.

Will hopefully know how the Music One sounds in a few weeks!

Joker, many thanks for you help. I've decided to go for Peter's Pro210 (one of the members of our local Polish audio forum told me that pro210 share commonalities with Spiral Ears' dual driver SE 2-way pro).

However, maybe in one year or so I will buy myself more expensive CIEM. Correctly if I'm wrong but if I want to find the sound similar to Ety with more subbass and wider soundstage I should look at: Hidition NT 6 pro, Cosmic Ears BA4 or Canal works CW-L05QD; and what about 1964 Ears V3?

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #11,282 of 16,931
Last question : AM800 vs http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/a-jays-one-earphones-black-p32359.htm
I've realised that because the headset isn't in the OP, you've either not heard them or heard of them but any info at all would be very useful. Main question is whether the Am800 +something to turn it into a headset is going to be better than the jays headset
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #11,283 of 16,931
One quick question; I am currently eyeing the HiFiMan RE-400 Waterline.
Before I was looking at the rockit sounds r-50, but my songs have a bitrate of 210-224, and was told it would bring out the errors in the compression.
So my question is, will the RE-400 still sound good with those bitrates?

Thanks

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #11,284 of 16,931
Quote:
Joker, many thanks for you help. I've decided to go for Peter's Pro210 (one of the members of our local Polish audio forum told me that pro210 share commonalities with Spiral Ears' dual driver SE 2-way pro).

However, maybe in one year or so I will buy myself more expensive CIEM. Correctly if I'm wrong but if I want to find the sound similar to Ety with more subbass and wider soundstage I should look at: Hidition NT 6 pro, Cosmic Ears BA4 or Canal works CW-L05QD; and what about 1964 Ears V3?

I only have the regular NT6, not the pro. The Pro has an extra crossover and an extra bass driver and is said to have more bass, which is not necessary IMO as the NT 6 already improves on the ER4S with much better subbass response and more natural, fleshed-out bass overall. The 1964-V3 sounds way too colored to be an Ety upgrade.

Quote:
Last question : AM800 vs http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/a-jays-one-earphones-black-p32359.htm
I've realised that because the headset isn't in the OP, you've either not heard them or heard of them but any info at all would be very useful. Main question is whether the Am800 +something to turn it into a headset is going to be better than the jays headset
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I haven't heard the a-JAYS. The t-JAYS were somewhat mediocre-sounding and the j-JAYS were crap.

Quote:
One quick question; I am currently eyeing the HiFiMan RE-400 Waterline.
Before I was looking at the rockit sounds r-50, but my songs have a bitrate of 210-224, and was told it would bring out the errors in the compression.
So my question is, will the RE-400 still sound good with those bitrates?

Thanks

I think the RE-400 is more forgiving than the Rock-It but at the same time those bitrates aren't too bad. VBR mp3s can sound quite good. I'd still go with the RE-400 to be safe.

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #11,285 of 16,931
Quote:

I only have the regular NT6, not the pro. The Pro has an extra crossover and an extra bass driver and is said to have more bass, which is not necessary IMO as the NT 6 already improves on the ER4S with much better subbass response and more natural, fleshed-out bass overall. The 1964-V3 sounds way too colored to be an Ety upgrade.

What about Canal works and Cosmic Ears BA4 (I found on innerfidelity that Cosmic Ears 4 driver model Reference is very similar to Ety).

Aug 23, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #11,289 of 16,931
Hmm… that sounds like the Yamaha EPH-100 to me. Great bass with good depth, very good isolation for a dynamic-driver earphone, and the build is pretty solid.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply joker. I thought the EPH100 seemed like the best option as well. My only concern was the size of the nozzle. I use the small tips on the SHE3580, so do you think I would have fit/comfort issues?

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #11,290 of 16,931
Quote:
Hmm… that sounds like the Yamaha EPH-100 to me. Great bass with good depth, very good isolation for a dynamic-driver earphone, and the build is pretty solid.

Thanks for the reply joker. I thought the EPH100 seemed like the best option as well. My only concern was the size of the nozzle. I use the small tips on the SHE3580, so do you think I would have fit/comfort issues?[/quote]

Am I right that the Philips is some 15 USD - and the Yamaha is some 150 USD ? What we're talking about   ???  
blink.gif

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #11,292 of 16,931
So then Joker, any ideas what the iem is going to be that is number 300 (!) in the review list?  Perhaps the tf10 finally :p ?

Thanks for all the help and recommendations along the way.

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #11,293 of 16,931
So then Joker, any ideas what the iem is going to be that is number 300 (!) in the review list?  Perhaps the tf10 finally :p ?

Thanks for all the help and recommendations along the way.

If he ever posted that TF10 review, it would likely break the internets.

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #11,294 of 16,931
Joker,
I asked about an alternative to the Brainwavz B2. I have since found it is very sensitive to sources IMO. Direct from my iPhone, it just hurts. But when I add in the little Fiio E6 amp, it really takes the edge off. Also the Bass Eq really does wonders for these things. 

In the mean time, I am trying the GR07 BE again (had a set before) and the Yamaha EPH-100. I am still burning in the EPH-100s. The GR07s are loaners and broken in. I must say, I prefer the sound of the EPH-100s much better. The GR07s have a little more presence at the top but do not seem nearly as coherent overall. I am not sure how to put what I am hearing but the Yamaha's just have a fuller sound. Not really in a bass-mid-treble sort of way but fuller in that they just sound more musical to my ears. And this is with all types of music. 

So for now, I am going to put some more time in this weekend but I am leaning to giving my buddy the 07s back and just keeping the Yamaha's to supplement the B2s. 

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #11,295 of 16,931
Why are people asking for reviews of IEMs that have been covered in depth by countless other reviewers?  For me the best part of this thread is that Joker covers esoteric and less popular options sometimes uncovering gems in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back