Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Aug 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #11,237 of 16,931
I guess it’ll really depend on what’s available to you. IMO you don’t have to spend $300 to get IE8 (I haven’t heard the IE80) – level performance these days. You can just go for the $150 Yamaha EPH-100 (which may or may not be available to you) instead. Coincidentally, the EPH-100 sounds pretty darn great with pop and trance so I would definitely recommend. If you are limited to specific models, however, you may want to figure out which ones those are and post the list here so we can help you find the best of those options.

hello again

I hope your heard sennheizer momentum beacause I can buy it here easyly.if yes,can you tell me how it sounds in compare to weston 4.

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #11,238 of 16,931
Quote:
waiting for jh13 and jh16 reviews and placings in the comprasion  table 

Sorry, no JH16, but the JH13 will be added in due time.

Quote:
hello again

I hope your heard sennheizer momentum beacause I can buy it here easyly.if yes,can you tell me how it sounds in compare to weston 4.

I have not heard the Momentum. 

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #11,240 of 16,931
@ljokerl
Nice! Seeing the planned reviews section, here's looking forward to what you've got to say about the UE 700 and TripleFi10 despite both being discontinued especially with your extensive experience in comparison with all the IEMs in this database.  Brands left and right are cranking their own version of the Knowles TWFK armature iems that it's good to see/hear how they tuned them differently to their accord. Can't wait.

OT: Still no word on the M-100 and the Momentum review over at the portables section? Anyway, kudos!

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #11,241 of 16,931
Quote:
IjokerI thank you for your work, I wish you a lot of patience to answer all the questions.

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
@ljokerl
Nice! Seeing the planned reviews section, here's looking forward to what you've got to say about the UE 700 and TripleFi10 despite both being discontinued especially with your extensive experience in comparison with all the IEMs in this database.  Brands left and right are cranking their own version of the Knowles TWFK armature iems that it's good to see/hear how they tuned them differently to their accord. Can't wait.

OT: Still no word on the M-100 and the Momentum review over at the portables section? Anyway, kudos!

Sorry, still no M-100 or Momentum 

Aug 17, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #11,242 of 16,931
Quote:
RBH EP1 - http://rbhsound.com/ep1.php

RBH is one of the many home audio manufacturers investing in headphones these days. The build quality of the EP1 is nice, with a metal housing and cloth cable, and makes up for the somewhat lackluster half in-ear design. The earphone sounds quite good, too - the bass is solid but not overbearing. Depth and control are both good. The mids are clear and not recessed. Treble is generally smooth, though some unevenness is noticeable, especially at higher volumes. Overall it might not quite be on-par with the RE-400 or Philips Fidelio S2 but definitely closer to that level than the mid-tier VSonic GR06/Sony MH1C and the like. 

Interesting. I bought the EP2 a couple weeks ago after being recommended them by a friend, and found them to be relatively bass-heavy and quite sibilant. Granted, I listen to music relatively high volumes, but I have to ask: assuming the EP1 and EP2 sound the same, what are your preferred tips with these? I generally prefer silicone tips, but didn't like the ones that RBH provided with the 'phones. The Comply tips are what I'm using now, but they did change the sound signature to my ears.

I'm just trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong. That may seem silly, but I do like the design of these babies and want to like their sound, too. More importantly, though, my observations on various IEMs I've tried have often lined up with yours pretty well, which makes me all the more confused now. Any ideas?

Aug 18, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #11,244 of 16,931
Quote:

Interesting. I bought the EP2 a couple weeks ago after being recommended them by a friend, and found them to be relatively bass-heavy and quite sibilant. Granted, I listen to music relatively high volumes, but I have to ask: assuming the EP1 and EP2 sound the same, what are your preferred tips with these? I generally prefer silicone tips, but didn't like the ones that RBH provided with the 'phones. The Comply tips are what I'm using now, but they did change the sound signature to my ears.

I'm just trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong. That may seem silly, but I do like the design of these babies and want to like their sound, too. More importantly, though, my observations on various IEMs I've tried have often lined up with yours pretty well, which makes me all the more confused now. Any ideas?

Hmm... I haven't really listened to them in depth but comparing them to the RE-400 right now the highs are a little more harsh. I agree that they are enhanced-bass earphones, probably on-par with the Shure SE215 in bass boost. More importantly, I am not noticing much sibilance. They are somewhere between the silky-smooth RE-400 and the more sibilance-prone VSonic VSD1 that I also have on my desk, but probably closer to the RE-400. I tried turning them up a bit compared to how I normally listen, though I still wouldn't call that "loud", and the treble issues became more noticeable so you might want to try lower volumes. It might also come down in part to the recordings and/or source you're using. 

I usually have a bit of trouble getting a perfect seal with half in-ear designs (the fit of the Philips Fidelio S1/S2 took me some time to figure out) but these aren't bad. I don't have the stock tips for them since they are a loaner unit so I'm using some narrow-channel single-flanges. I believe they are from a MEElec A151 or from a Rock-It Sounds earphone. 

And, I don't know if the EP1 and EP2 sound the same. While the EP1 does sound better than 90% of the earphones I set aside, I still don't think it's a great value and probably won't bother reviewing it in full. 

Quote:
This is great review and very helpful, thank you ljokerl

beerchug.gif

Aug 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #11,245 of 16,931
Hmm...the EP2 is, from what I've read and can tell, simply the EP1 with a universal microphone and a slightly different cosmetic look. That said, I suspect my higher listening volume and the Comply tips are affecting the sound, then. At the very least, I remember the bass being less pronounced with the stock silicone tips; can't remember the treble differences. I've misplaced those tips, in any case, so I can't check for sure (careless, I know). I'll probably try some other silicone tips from my other 'phones to see if they help before deciding whether get rid of them.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!
smile.gif

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #11,246 of 16,931
Quote:
Hmm...the EP2 is, from what I've read and can tell, simply the EP1 with a universal microphone and a slightly different cosmetic look. That said, I suspect my higher listening volume and the Comply tips are affecting the sound, then. At the very least, I remember the bass being less pronounced with the stock silicone tips; can't remember the treble differences. I've misplaced those tips, in any case, so I can't check for sure (careless, I know). I'll probably try some other silicone tips from my other 'phones to see if they help before deciding whether get rid of them.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!
smile.gif

Maybe also try giving them some more time. The unit I have is a loaner so I have no idea how many hours are on it.

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #11,247 of 16,931
Quote:

I think after the A161P the GR06 might sound a bit congested but who knows, you may like it. If not, try the LG Quadbeat. Bass is somewhere between the N3i and A161P in quantity but more importantly it's got a wide sound that makes even the A161P sound a little closed-in. I think you might like it, and it's cheap enough to replace should anything go wrong. 

Hi Joker,

Thank you for your response.

GR06 came and although I was really impressed with the packaging and general feel I'm not too sure about the sound. I mean it sounds very nice and pleasant, but it lacks character; It's somewhat boring to me. I like the balance it produces but I wish it had more of everything. I spend some hours comparing them to N3i, MEElectronics CW31P, A161P and some stock earphones and to me they are closest to CW31P but noticeably better.

At the end I decided to follow your recommendation and ordered LG Quadbeat to see what are they like. I wander how would GR07BE compare to A161P, does it make sense to upgrade from GR06 to them?

The real reference for me at the moment are A161P which are by far the best sounding earphones I have access to but I have to admit I very much enjoy N3i in some tracks.
How would you describe sound signature of N3i are they v-shaped?

Cheers
Mleko

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #11,248 of 16,931
This guide - although really useful - has left me really confused. I'm looking for some IEMs for when I'm on my bike, and when I'm out as I prefer not to have my Bose On Ears if I'm not at home. 

I had some JVC XX's, which I thought were very good, although a bit lacking in the trebles...

So far, Ive got my eyes on the VSonic GR02BE, but now I've also found the Astrotec AM800, MEElectronics SP51, and the RHA MA350 (mainly because I don't have to ship it in, and I get a long 3 year warranty).

Can anyone help me?

(sorry if this should be somewhere else, but I posted it here as  it's relating to this thread, and the other thread I posted in was relating to the GR06 vs GR02)

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #11,250 of 16,931
Quote:
Their sound signatures are actually very different but I did happen to compare the two. The 8.A had a more intimate presentation, a lot more bass (especially midbass) with greater impact, and an overall tone that's warmer and darker compared to the Miracle. The Miracle's signature seems slightly v-shaped next to the 8.A. It has a lot less bass, a wider soundstage, thinner note presentation, and more treble energy/sparkle. On the whole, I felt that the Miracle was more neutral and a touch clearer than the 8.A. Honestly, I don't think they are direct competitors - it's sort of like comparing the Earsonics SM3 to an Ety ER4. 

Not sure if you're doing it on purpose but everything you answer one of my questions, you make the Miracles sound absolutely amazing for me. Well I should get them today or tomorrow and then off to inearz they go. Can't wait till I get my first set of customs fitted to my ears :)

Also, I am trying not to play the numbers game but in the back of my mind it always seem better to have more drivers, hence why I asked about the 2 CIEM haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back