Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 11, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #10,921 of 16,931
Ijokerl,

I left you a PM but I gather you're very busy.....

I have a question for you regarding VC1000 which you currently have heard to my understanding and GR01. I want to know if they share a similar tonality on the warm/cold spectrum, and if you still have both do you think think GR01 is that much ahead of the VC1000?

Basically, I really enjoyed VC1000 and have found GR01 for a good price, however in reviews for GR01 some members say they lean warm, (well warmer than B2 / DBA-02). If they're around the same tonality as VC1000 then that's fine to go ahead, . I've heard R-50 too if that helps to compare in anyway.

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #10,922 of 16,931
Quote:
Ijokerl,

I have a question for you regarding VC1000 which you currently have heard to my understanding and GR01. I want to know if they share a similar tonality on the warm/cold spectrum, and if you still have both do you think think GR01 is that much ahead of the VC1000?

Basically, I really enjoyed VC1000 and have found GR01 for a good price, however in reviews for GR01 some members say they lean warm, (well warmer than B2 / DBA-02). If they're around the same tonality as VC1000 then that's fine to go ahead, . I've heard R-50 too if that helps to compare in anyway.

I would be very interested in a comparision between the VC1000, the GR01 and the R-50 as well.

Jul 11, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #10,923 of 16,931
So I found out today that the walls in the dorms I'll be staying in block absolutely no sound. Now I'm kind of considering the Etys with comply tips again...

Edit: is there a difference sound wise between the old AM90s that came with the hard carrying case and the new one with the bag?

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #10,924 of 16,931
Quote:
Hmm after 300 hrs of burn with gr07 what will it sound like compared to the original out of the box sound???@

I had an mkI GR07 which seemed to smooth out a little over time (assuming I didn't just get used to it). The newer Bass Edition I had sounded pretty much the same out of the box.

Quote:
Ijokerl,

Sorry, I think I only replied to it today. I'll share the same info here:

Quote:

The VC1000 is a little cooler (in tone) than the GR01 IMO. I am waiting to get my R-50 back from a loan so I can compare those two and get a better picture of where the VC1000 falls. So far I have only compared it to the Astrotec AX7 TWFK and it's not as bright as those (which is a good thing).

Oh and I really don't think you will find the GR01 overly warm - they are warmer than other TWFKs, but that's not saying a whole lot.

My preliminary thought is that the GR01 isn't really worth the $$$ over the VC1000, but I'm still not set on that.

Quote:
Edit: is there a difference sound wise between the old AM90s that came with the hard carrying case and the new one with the bag?

Not a clue. Mine had a case and a bunch of tips. What does it come with now?

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #10,925 of 16,931
Quote:

Not a clue. Mine had a case and a bunch of tips. What does it come with now?

I believe one of the pairs is foam, but I'm not quite sure.

I have to order something tomorrow or they won't arrive in time before I leave. Tomorrow is going to be fun
redface.gif

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #10,926 of 16,931
Hi Joker... Based on your recommendation i recieved the LG Quadbeat, and on an initial impression i am pretty impressed... Its much airier than the Gr06, but i just dont  get the point of those stupid ear tips with them!! Not sure what they were thinking!! As these are also the Nexus 4 ofiicial headphones from the play store, many people crib about its non-bass nature but thats just the wrong fit with those tips. Changing to foams or Sony hybrids brings out the best in them!! Still burning in so lets see how it shapes out.... Anyways i have also ordered an MH1C (Just cant get over the hype train...), it should be good comparison with them... Again thanks for the awesome recommendation.... I am sure you're gonna lighten up my wallet even more....

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #10,927 of 16,931
Quote:
Hi Joker... Based on your recommendation i recieved the LG Quadbeat, and on an initial impression i am pretty impressed... Its much airier than the Gr06, but i just dont  get the point of those stupid ear tips with them!! Not sure what they were thinking!! As these are also the Nexus 4 ofiicial headphones from the play store, many people crib about its non-bass nature but thats just the wrong fit with those tips. Changing to foams or Sony hybrids brings out the best in them!! Still burning in so lets see how it shapes out.... Anyways i have also ordered an MH1C (Just cant get over the hype train...), it should be good comparison with them... Again thanks for the awesome recommendation.... I am sure you're gonna lighten up my wallet even more....

didn't realize they were available from the playstore! Thats nice to know.

Jul 12, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #10,929 of 16,931
I am starting to feel that the gr07 don't deserve a 9.1 rating for sound. Even though I am using the MKII instead I feel that the quality is not there. Since the only difference with the original and MKII is just the cabling.

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #10,930 of 16,931
Quote:

I believe one of the pairs is foam, but I'm not quite sure.

I have to order something tomorrow or they won't arrive in time before I leave. Tomorrow is going to be fun
redface.gif

Thanks for the pic. I'll have to update the review. Pretty sure the gray ones are the foam tips (they are a harder type of foam compared to Complys for example). It appears they've also gotten rid of the triple-flanges 
frown.gif

Quote:

That's a good point about people shelving (or worse) the Quadbeat because they don't know any better than to accept the poor fit with the stock tips. That makes me sad 
redface.gif

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #10,931 of 16,931
Quote:

Thanks for the pic. I'll have to update the review. Pretty sure the gray ones are the foam tips (they are a harder type of foam compared to Complys for example). It appears they've also gotten rid of the triple-flanges 
frown.gif

According to the product description, the tri-flanges are gone, but it still says they have a blue foam tip...

Edit: How about the dB Logic EP-100? they are only $15 now, so they could be a pretty simple impulse buy. They have a 3.5 in isolation and a 4.5 in comfort, plus they are small so that works well with my ears.. A pack of Shure Olives would also do some good.
Edit2: Can you wear those facing down?

Edit3: A few reviews are saying these can't block out anything... Why would they say that? I think they don't know what they're talking about :p

Edit4: Ended up getting them in blue.

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #10,932 of 16,931
Quote:

According to the product description, the tri-flanges are gone, but it still says they have a blue foam tip...

Edit: How about the dB Logic EP-100? they are only $15 now, so they could be a pretty simple impulse buy. They have a 3.5 in isolation and a 4.5 in comfort, plus they are small so that works well with my ears.. A pack of Shure Olives would also do some good.
Edit2: Can you wear those facing down?

Edit3: A few reviews are saying these can't block out anything... Why would they say that? I think they don't know what they're talking about :p

Edit4: Ended up getting them in blue.

Lol...

They are best worn over-the-ear although I think you can wear them down if your ears are small. You'll want the Olives as well (either small or medium) because the stock tips are deep insertion and not something I'd recommend for sensitive canals. 

Jul 13, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #10,934 of 16,931

Why the bump? Seriously. Your previous post had no inquiry in it, which is probably why Joker didn't reply to it(or he could have just missed it). Either way, it's just your opinion on the Gr07's SQ rating. Maybe actually present a question instead of just "bump"?

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #10,935 of 16,931
Quote:
Why the bump? Seriously. Your previous post had no inquiry in it, which is probably why Joker didn't reply to it(or he could have just missed it). Either way, it's just your opinion on the Gr07's SQ rating. Maybe actually present a question instead of just "bump"?

+1.
joker says in the first page of this thread, 3rd sentence is: "The observations reflect my personal experience with each earphone and should be taken as such - audio, after all, is extremely subjective."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back