Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 19, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #3,316 of 16,931

Quote:
The CC51 is a lot more balanced than the Eterna (less bass, more mids & treble) and I've never heard the EX510. The IE6 should be up your alley, as well as some of the new Xears models (TD-III and Nature N3i especially). 

Quote:
Oh I think the IE6 has it beat in build quality and comfort. I find its fit more versatile than that of the IE7 and IE8. It's just overpriced here in the states which is why it's rarely mentioned.

Thank you so much |joker|! I believe I am pretty much sold on the IE6 now. If I may ask, how would the sound compare between the Eternas and the IE6? Would it qualify as an upgrade?

Jun 19, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #3,317 of 16,931
joker have thought of reviewing the first attempt of cowon to enter the iem market?
Exportprive seems to have them in 70% offer for a long time now. I heart they add them as a gift in some orders so they might be positive to send you a pair for review.

Jun 19, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #3,318 of 16,931
Didn't realize the link to the downloadable table on the front page wasn't working. Fixed it now.

Quote:
Thank you so much |joker|! I believe I am pretty much sold on the IE6 now. If I may ask, how would the sound compare between the Eternas and the IE6? Would it qualify as an upgrade?

The IE6 is a little warmer with the bass affecting the midrange more than that of the Eterna. It also isn't quite as impactful, though it's not lacking bass by any means. Mids and treble should be pretty comparable otherwise with the IE6 maybe having a slight clarity edge and a bit more top-end extension. I wouldn't call it a full-fledged upgrade from the Eterna and can't really justify the $60 price difference between the two here in the US. 

Quote:
joker have thought of reviewing the first attempt of cowon to enter the iem market?
Exportprive seems to have them in 70% offer for a long time now. I heart they add them as a gift in some orders so they might be positive to send you a pair for review.

$10? Asking for a free sample at $10 is almost humorous. I don't have the time, anyway, unless someone comes out saying they beat the RE0 (or the realvoice or FX67 or whatever the top dog IEM under $150 is nowadays).

Jun 19, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #3,319 of 16,931

Quote:
$10? Asking for a free sample at $10 is almost humorous. I don't have the time, anyway, unless someone comes out saying they beat the RE0 (or the realvoice or FX67 or whatever the top dog IEM under $150 is nowadays).

Heh just popped an idea
rolleyes.gif
in case you look for new iems to add in your threat.

Btw i was always wondering how can you, clieos and other guys who have tested so many iems remember how they sound.? You tested eterna before 1 year? after that you tested at least 50 more iems and you can still comment in a detail way about its signature.
blink.gif

Jun 19, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #3,321 of 16,931

Quote:
i doubt they can even match the M9

You never know.
I saw their specs and for a 30$ pair of earphones they have two some like innovations that might make them stand out of their price contenders. It has the common air hole for improving bass and somthing claimed like air ducts.
It also has double filter.

All these might be useless but you never know if you dont try

Jun 19, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #3,325 of 16,931

Quote:
The IE6 is a little warmer with the bass affecting the midrange more than that of the Eterna. It also isn't quite as impactful, though it's not lacking bass by any means. Mids and treble should be pretty comparable otherwise with the IE6 maybe having a slight clarity edge and a bit more top-end extension. I wouldn't call it a full-fledged upgrade from the Eterna and can't really justify the $60 price difference between the two here in the US. 

Thanks again. That's a shame. I was hoping the extra cash would get me a nice upgrade. I am slightly hesitant in going ahead with the IE6 now. But I believe they come closest to what I am looking for to replace the Eternas, being similar yet better built. I hope I can find a good deal.

The Xears TD-III look tempting but at 80euros on xears.com, that seems a bit steep compared to the 42euros MSRP at the time of your review. 

On a final side note, I love my PL30s, especiall because of the soundstage. I just wish they had more bass. Would something like the A151 perhaps be a nice upgrade?

Jun 19, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #3,327 of 16,931

Quote:
Btw i was always wondering how can you, clieos and other guys who have tested so many iems remember how they sound.? You tested eterna before 1 year? after that you tested at least 50 more iems and you can still comment in a detail way about its signature.
blink.gif

I still own the Eterna and it happens to be one of my heavy bass benchmarks so I use it fairly often. Normally I'd have to go back and look at my notes or at least the finished review to answer a question like that.

Quote:
hey joker, are you almost done with the UM miracle review? I'm interested in knowing what you think about them, I've read your first impressions, and that only drew me in more......

Working on it but of course finishing the review is only half the story as the thread will need to be re-scaled to accommodate the Miracle. 

Quote:
The Xears TD-III look tempting but at 80euros on xears.com, that seems a bit steep compared to the 42euros MSRP at the time of your review.   
On a final side note, I love my PL30s, especiall because of the soundstage. I just wish they had more bass. Would something like the A151 perhaps be a nice upgrade?

A151 does not have a lot more bass than the PL30, nor does it sound as open. IE6, TD-III, Nature N3i, ECCI PR401, Phiaton PS20 would probably match what you're looking for better than the A151. Also, I think the coupon code for the Xears site "KLANGFUZZIS" (or something like that) still works.

Jun 19, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #3,328 of 16,931

Quote:

I still own the Eterna and it happens to be one of my heavy bass benchmarks so I use it fairly often. Normally I'd have to go back and look at my notes or at least the finished review to answer a question like that.

Working on it but of course finishing the review is only half the story as the thread will need to be re-scaled to accommodate the Miracle. 

A151 does not have a lot more bass than the PL30, nor does it sound as open. IE6, TD-III, Nature N3i, ECCI PR401, Phiaton PS20 would probably match what you're looking for better than the A151. Also, I think the coupon code for the Xears site "KLANGFUZZIS" (or something like that) still works.

wow, guess the miracle blew the scale out........that's pretty cool

Jun 20, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #3,330 of 16,931
Hey!
Just want to know if anyone can explain me the difference between Westone in-ear monitors, in particular Westone 2 and UM2?
I searched this and other forums and websites but still can't find a definite answer. I read the review for UM3X and Westone 3 (probably similar differences) but still can't understand it. The UM series is older as far as I know, so why would you buy it if there is a newer version which seems to be the same if not better.
I assume the Westone series (1, 2...) are smaller... but what's the difference in sound? Are the UM series for Audiophiles and Professionals so they have a more flat performance, but then why would you buy something different if a flat reproduction is the key (if it is not it is worse).
Please Help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back