Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 17, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #3,301 of 16,931

Quote:
GR07 gets the build and fit more right than the RE262.

More right?  That's an understatement.  Holy hell if the GR07 isn't one of the best designed IEMs ever.  
tongue_smile.gif
  If only it sounded more like the new Sonys.  Ironic they are using the old Sony bio-cellulose technology.

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #3,303 of 16,931
Hello. Someone in the iem help thread suggested I try my luck in this thread.

My Fischer Audio Eternas (v1) are about to die on me. I love these so much that I was initially thinking of buying a new pair for roughly £45. Then I thought maybe I could try something similar but better by stretching my budget to £60-70. What I had in mind was the Sennheiser IE6, Sony EX510 or the Meelec CC51. However I love the eternas' signature (great bass, soundstage, forward vocals, musicality) so much that I'm not sure something else could live up to them.

Any help or suggestions would be more than welcome. Cheers!

Jun 17, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #3,305 of 16,931

Quote:
More right?  That's an understatement.  Holy hell if the GR07 isn't one of the best designed IEMs ever.  
tongue_smile.gif
  If only it sounded more like the new Sonys.  Ironic they are using the old Sony bio-cellulose technology.

Wait.... you mean the RE262 has the same driver material as the E888?

Jun 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #3,308 of 16,931

Quote:

My Fischer Audio Eternas (v1) are about to die on me. I love these so much that I was initially thinking of buying a new pair for roughly £45. Then I thought maybe I could try something similar but better by stretching my budget to £60-70. What I had in mind was the Sennheiser IE6, Sony EX510 or the Meelec CC51. However I love the eternas' signature (great bass, soundstage, forward vocals, musicality) so much that I'm not sure something else could live up to them.

The CC51 is a lot more balanced than the Eterna (less bass, more mids & treble) and I've never heard the EX510. The IE6 should be up your alley, as well as some of the new Xears models (TD-III and Nature N3i especially). 

Jun 17, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #3,309 of 16,931

Quote:
Sigh, I just read the review, the description sounds very similiar to the E888, except less coloured and more balanced, in a sturdy IEM housing, that sounds pretty damn interesting, yet another IEM I have to buy (sigh) haha.

seriously.....every time joker says something has value and says that something is balanced and natural, i feel like jumping to go buy it. But jokes on you joker! i have no money in the bank for it! muhahaha wait, who gets the final laugh.......

Jun 18, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #3,311 of 16,931

Quote:

Buy it over again nothing can replace the Eterna. 

It serves as a outstanding back up phone due to build quality ,isolation and comfront. 

Jun 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #3,312 of 16,931

Quote:
Buy it over again nothing can replace the Eterna.   
It serves as a outstanding back up phone due to build quality ,isolation and comfront. 

Oh I think the IE6 has it beat in build quality and comfort. I find its fit more versatile than that of the IE7 and IE8. It's just overpriced here in the states which is why it's rarely mentioned.

Jun 18, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #3,313 of 16,931
Hmmm,

They do look quite comfortable.

I really couldn't' imagine getting more comfortable then the Eterna unless I go custom.

They just slide ride in.

Jun 18, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #3,314 of 16,931
I didn't see the Beyerdynamic DTX 71 iE on Amazon but the DTX 100, 80, and 60 did come up instead and all of them are going for under $60 right now. I take it these are the older models, but not sure/clear if these are any good, because your review of the DTX71 did catch my eye, and I may be what I am looking for. 

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #3,315 of 16,931

Quote:
I didn't see the Beyerdynamic DTX 71 iE on Amazon but the DTX 100, 80, and 60 did come up instead and all of them are going for under $60 right now. I take it these are the older models, but not sure/clear if these are any good, because your review of the DTX71 did catch my eye, and I may be what I am looking for. 

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/537625/more-color-superb-sound-three-new-in-ear-headphones-from-beyerdynamic-dtx-71-ie-dtx-101-ie-and-mmx-101-ie/30#post_7268536

Users who are viewing this thread

Back