Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Feb 2, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #2,011 of 16,931
This thread had a huge part to play in my buying the CK10 and |joker| I have to say they are well worth all the hype they are made up to be. Thanks for the (indirect) recommendation and hope you keep adding to this thread.

Just waiting for my Fake Sony hybrids to land, so that they can hopefully get ever so slightly better.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #2,012 of 16,931
A lot of people have found multi flange tips to work well with the CK10 such as triple flanged tips. 

Feb 2, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #2,013 of 16,931
Didn't realize this thread passed 200k views and 2k posts this week. Who'd have thought...

Quote:
I have a review suggestion:

The Phonak Audeo 021/022.

That might happen, actually. Someone with a PFE 022 did step forward a little while ago and offer for me to test it when I get a break in my planned reviews, though he's in Canada and it might take a little longer than usual in terms of turnaround time.

Quote:
One thing that miffs me slightly about these earphones is that there is no unique identifier to make these as 1 of the 1,000 made. A slight touch missed perhaps?

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the ZEROs actually being limited edition at this point but I guess only time will tell. Either way marking each unit would have raised production costs and we certainly don't want that.

Quote:
This thread had a huge part to play in my buying the CK10 and |joker| I have to say they are well worth all the hype they are made up to be. Thanks for the (indirect) recommendation and hope you keep adding to this thread.

Just waiting for my Fake Sony hybrids to land, so that they can hopefully get ever so slightly better.

Great, glad you like them. Welcome to the (highly exclusive) CK10 lovers club. Watch out for the DBA-02-faithful 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 2, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #2,014 of 16,931

Quote:
[...] Watch out for the DBA-02-faithful 
rolleyes.gif

Yup, we're a rabid bunch! Be wary of the rain of our rejected tips.

Feb 3, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #2,016 of 16,931
haha..bring it on...I can take on any fishy(er) audio products with Audio Technica power-ups!! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
+1
biggrin.gif
. kingpintps, better take cover. I may be far off, but am a little closer to you than the rest
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Yup, we're a rabid bunch! Be wary of the rain of our rejected tips.

Feb 3, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #2,017 of 16,931
Well if the CK10 is at the post office today I'll rejoin the CK10 group :) Although I'm just guessing where it is since the tracking said it left a notice when I didn't get any notice.

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #2,019 of 16,931
Yeah I read that but unfortunately I don't have any multi-flange tips either...I'll try the fake hybrids for a while and see how they turn out..else I'll try some double flanged ones. The stock tips are okay, but they do seem to have a problem and the seal with Medium size comes open quite easily. I tried the large ones but they are too big for my canals.

The poor thing is that it is taking ages for those fake hybrids to come via USPS Airmail.

Quote:
A lot of people have found multi flange tips to work well with the CK10 such as triple flanged tips. 

Feb 3, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #2,022 of 16,931
Thanks for the review Joker.

CC51 do sound interesting, but the straight down wearing style and mid driver flux makes it a pass for me.

It's nice to see meelec adventuring new grounds with completely different design though, I wonder when they would release their next lineup.

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #2,024 of 16,931

Hi, what is mid driver flux?

Quote:
Thanks for the review Joker.

CC51 do sound interesting, but the straight down wearing style and mid driver flux makes it a pass for me.

It's nice to see meelec adventuring new grounds with completely different design though, I wonder when they would release their next lineup.

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #2,025 of 16,931

Quote:
If the CC51 dropped down to the $50 range, I can see them giving Brainwavz a huge headache.

I think that would be downright unreasonable as the CC51 already sounds about as good as Brainwavz' flagship and also considering that Nakamichi's ceramic-shelled IEM runs closer to $200.

Quote:
Hi, what is mid driver flux?

Lol i think he meant  'driver flex'. It's the flexing of the membrane of the dynamic transducer under pressure, namely when you are inserting the earphones. It presents as a 'crinkling' sound and can be annoying for some people. I don't usually mind it unless it's fairly severe and with the CC51 it only happens in one ear for me anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back