Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Nov 10, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #12,046 of 16,931
I wish to thank the TOPIC STARTER. It's amazing how much did the man for head-fi, all of us!!

Guys, tell me please where I can buy VSONIC VC1000 with shipment to Moldova, Republic of?? (I know only Aliexpress.com, because amazon and ebay have troubles with shipments in my country)

If I had a dollar for every new member I link this thread to... I'd proably have an HD 800 by now... as you guys know I hate iems passionatly, that aside. I am SUPER JEALOUS of you iem guys! You have this AWESOME thread which has a TON of info about iems all in one EPIC thread... we Full size headphone dudes have a mini version of this but only with uber price TOTLS and only 50 of them :[

needless to say once again ljokerl I tip my hat to you, and offer another lost soul to your thread of guidance! 

What exactly did the man mean?? I thought VSONIC VC1000 would satisfy my "full-size dude" tastes :)
Why only TOTLS can do so, whatever it is?

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #12,047 of 16,931
  I wish to thank the TOPIC STARTER. It's amazing how much did the man for head-fi, all of us!!

Guys, tell me please where I can buy VSONIC VC1000 with shipment to Moldova, Republic of?? (I know only Aliexpress.com, because amazon and ebay have troubles with shipments in my country)

What exactly did the man mean?? I thought VSONIC VC1000 would satisfy my "full-size dude" tastes :)
Why only TOTLS can do so, whatever it is?

You can try lendmeurears.com they sell it there + worldwide shipping

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #12,048 of 16,931
  You can try lendmeurears.com they sell it there + worldwide shipping

Can you say their service is ok? (regarding warranty issues)

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #12,051 of 16,931

Have you heard the Sony MDR7550? and the XBA-H3? 
If so, how do you reckon they compare to the EX1000.

Also, how would you rate the quality/quantity of bass on the 7550/EX1000 compared to the GR07BE?

I have a 7550 but no H3. The MDR7550 is basically an EX1000 sans treble emphasis. I actually like it less tonally than the EX1000 but it's a solid buy.

The GR07 BE has more bass than these, but not by much. I actually thought the EX1000 was pretty close to the original GR07 in bass quantity, if a little more dynamic and less mid-recessed. The BE will beat it in bass quantity and quality should be close, as with the regular GR07.

Ety ER-4PT/S vs Fischer DBA-02 MkII... go!

My gut right now is ER-4PT, now comes with the P2S cable, order some red maybe white filters to play around with, JDS C5D and call it a day.  Though if someone knows a more direct path to that type of sound... let me know.  My wallet will thank you!

If you're looking for flat, I would just get the Etys. If you expect you'll be trying to tune it for more bass, you might want to consider the DBA-02. The DBA-02 has a touch more bass and is just a hair warmer overall but also comes back up in the treble. That is to say, it's a touch more v-shaped than an Ety. 

Recently I've borrowed my friend's Fischer Audio Fa-004 and got blown away by it. The treble is a little too bright for me but the rest of the spectrum is absolutely amazing. Is there anything out there that is similar to this signature but with a slightly less bright treble?

It's been a while since I've listened to any Fischer cans. If you let me know what you like about the FA-004 I might be able to recommend something but from memory I probably won't be too accurate. A budget might help as well.

If I had a dollar for every new member I link this thread to... I'd proably have an HD 800 by now... as you guys know I hate iems passionatly, that aside. I am SUPER JEALOUS of you iem guys! You have this AWESOME thread which has a TON of info about iems all in one EPIC thread... we Full size headphone dudes have a mini version of this but only with uber price TOTLS and only 50 of them :[

needless to say once again ljokerl I tip my hat to you, and offer another lost soul to your thread of guidance! 

Thanks for your kind words! 

Thanks, I appreciate that!

And I second lendmeurears.

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #12,052 of 16,931
Hey, joker, would you mind chiming in on the MOE SS01?

I personally found the the SS01 to be quite impressive for its price, though I have reservations about its looks/design.

It seems to be an evolution over the JVC FXT90, as Aipon, MOE's parent company makes all of JVC's (and ATH's) micro-driver products.

Nov 11, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #12,053 of 16,931
  Hey, joker, would you mind chiming in on the MOE SS01?

I personally found the the SS01 to be quite impressive for its price, though I have reservations about its looks/design.

It seems to be an evolution over the JVC FXT90, as Aipon, MOE's parent company makes all of JVC's (and ATH's) micro-driver products.

Yeah, sure. I like the SS01 - definitely a good value for the price. The bass to me is pretty solid, very extended and good punch without much bloat. Mids are pretty good, mostly level, maybe a touch thin, The treble is nice and energetic, a little edgy but not too bad. Reminds me of the ATH-CKM500 - not really peaky, but has an edge to it that occasionally bothers me (with metal, for example, especially poorly-mastered stuff). 

I know it's supposed to be related to the FXT90 but its voicing is pretty different - not nearly as much of a mid-bass hump, which takes away the warmth and fullness of the JVCs, and less treble sparkle (though I don't remember the FXT90 having this edgy character).  

By the way, call me crazy but I don't mind the look of these. They won't get a spread in Maxim any time soon but I won't mistake them for anything else in my collection and I really like how the packaging and earphone design revolve around the "S". The name also looks much better when you write it in all caps like that. I've been calling it "Moe" in my notes. 

Nov 11, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #12,054 of 16,931
  Yeah, sure. I like the SS01 - definitely a good value for the price. The bass to me is pretty solid, very extended and good punch without much bloat. Mids are pretty good, mostly level, maybe a touch thin, The treble is nice and energetic, a little edgy but not too bad. Reminds me of the ATH-CKM500 - not really peaky, but has an edge to it that occasionally bothers me (with metal, for example, especially poorly-mastered stuff). 

I know it's supposed to be related to the FXT90 but its voicing is pretty different - not nearly as much of a mid-bass hump, which takes away the warmth and fullness of the JVCs, and less treble sparkle (though I don't remember the FXT90 having this edgy character).  

By the way, call me crazy but I don't mind the look of these. They won't get a spread in Maxim any time soon but I won't mistake them for anything else in my collection and I really like how the packaging and earphone design revolve around the "S". The name also looks much better when you write it in all caps like that. I've been calling it "Moe" in my notes. 

Thanks. Your thoughts mirror mine pretty closely.

Perhaps this was the inspiration for the double barrel design?
tongue.gif

Nov 11, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #12,055 of 16,931

Thanks. Your thoughts mirror mine pretty closely.

Perhaps this was the inspiration for the double barrel design?
tongue.gif

That was certainly the first Moe that came to mind. 

I bet it looks better in black or white, too. Mine's red. 

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #12,057 of 16,931

It's been a while since I've listened to any Fischer cans. If you let me know what you like about the FA-004 I might be able to recommend something but from memory I probably won't be too accurate. A budget might help as well.

This set of fischer cans were labeled fun and natural, and also near monitor grade in this review. So I guess this is something that caught my attention. The low ends sounded quite similar to my GR07BE, but with a more forward mid range and better treble extension. Perhaps my only gripe with the FA-004 is that I find myself wanting to tune down that treble a little at times. A good description of my preferred signature would be something a little darker, or at least something with a nice bass response to balance the treble. 

Budget? I'm keeping an open mind for now so go crazy i guess? IEM/CIEM are all good suggestions..

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #12,058 of 16,931
The FA-4E XB are not really dark. They have a strong bass, slightly laid back mids, with comply tips they're almost never harsh (I don't dare say never harsh but as long as you don't feed them crap they're smooth) and they are just so damn good. The thing about them that's slightly less good is the upper mids lack that bite or edge. If you value a totally flat signature they're a touch too laid back. The soundstage is larger than UE900 but slightly smaller than ASG-2 in height and depth, it lacks some air around the instruments but the positioning is great. (The sound of air between instruments is more of a taste thing though, some prefer a black background, others want to hear the air.)

Anyway. I haven't properly reviewed them yet, but come over to the FA-4E-thread and read more. These need to be discovered by more is my opinion because they're really good. ~400€ 

There is also a sale on UE900 from Logitech themselves on some sites. You might be able to bag a pair even if they seem like they're out of stock, you can try. They're 50% off. There's a thread for that as well. I assume that because it's from Logitech it's not a group buy and therefore it's ok if I recommend it here? At that price they're really good and buying straight from the manufacturer feels good at least for me. I paid £169 for mine. Maybe it's a bit more compared to the price in USD. 

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #12,059 of 16,931

That was certainly the first Moe that came to mind. 

I bet it looks better in black or white, too. Mine's red. 

Found a pic of them in Black... and I see the resembalnce! 

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #12,060 of 16,931
HiFiman Re-400 vs VSONIC VC1000?

Tastes are: Heavy Metal/Speed Metal/Rock/Dubstep (Treble+Treble/mid_drops+Vocal tastes, groull also in there) and Bass_heavy-Dubstep (meaning high-quality bass drops with little_to_no treble). Of course, Dubstep may combine everything %) Just look at this band if interested - Medusa In My Knickers (- Pig, Pig 2, Check your knickers, Spit) (may be taken as an example of what i listen to). Not a bass-head, but still sympathize it much. Also as an example: Koven - Whoopi's back in the habit (Original Mix).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyw5ky2FWZg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W9y-XV0f-E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Asvu9IwJY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsmKKxo8oyQ
(sorry for your wallet ears :D)

Of course, wishing the best comfort I can get (not sure what a 0.5 difference means, i've read the descriptions).
Preferably, less leakage of sound.
And of course full satisfaction of tastes %).

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back