Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Nov 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #12,016 of 16,931

My Pro 330s from The Custom Art offer up amazing texture.  The bass may not be as tight/sharp as the JH13pro but voices and other analog instruments seem a little more real.  I don't believe silicone robs texture.

That's good to hear, but from the impressions and descriptors on the site it seems that is a trait of that model.  I'd probably be more apt to pick up the Pro330-P based on the the description and impressions I've seen, but it is quite a bit more expensive comparatively and I think it may be a bit overkill for the state of my portable system (just the Clip+ for now).  I suspect that is an advantage to having a dedicated driver for the lower frequencies, but joker's very helpful comparisons lead me to believe that the Music One will bring me closer to what I'm after in regards to imaging, soundstage, treble and mids and be a somewhat 'medium ground' between the RE-400 and GR07 in terms of bass...which I can live with.  It still may be more advantageous for me to wait and save a bit more for them or to see what is around the corner in the Music Art series.  I'm thinking since I'm looking at the M1 as my first cIEM, it'll be a more accessible option to 'test the waters' so to speak.  I'm very intrigued by the M1's acoustic tuning via the voice canal as well.

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #12,018 of 16,931

thanks man , they are really different .

Well, the mh1 I got recently is less bassy than my mh1c. It does have a different filter though - unlike the mh1c, which I have modded a bit and removed some of the foam in the nozzle, I haven't touched the mh1 and it still has less bass

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #12,019 of 16,931
  Well, the mh1 I got recently is less bassy than my mh1c. It does have a different filter though - unlike the mh1c, which I have modded a bit and removed some of the foam in the nozzle, I haven't touched the mh1 and it still has less bass

will the mh1 work with mp3players like cowon c2 ? they have omtp plug . i dont care about those buttons not working , i never use them .

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #12,021 of 16,931

will the mh1 work with mp3players like cowon c2 ? they have omtp plug . i dont care about those buttons not working , i never use them .

any TRRS jack will work on any audio device,only the vol +/- and play/pause/call buttons won't function on specific devices, like apple compatible controls won't respond on android and vice-versa.......But the same TRRS plugs with just microphone only will work on apple and android devices(universal).....guess might work on BB as well but I haven't tried/used so i'm clueless.

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #12,022 of 16,931
  Joker, thanks for the reply. However, I heard that the ex1000 have a bad isolation, so its not very good for commuting. I want to use this for outdoor.
Any other recommendation from universal Multi BA (shure/westone or other)? It doesn't need to have the largest soundstage and airy, maybe on IE8 level or below 1 level?

You'll have to give up a bit of soundstage size. The W4 is pretty good in that regard, as are the UE900 and PFE232 (if you can still find the PFE232 for sale). Or you could save a big chunk of change and get a GR07 Bass Edition at about $130
wink.gif

Thanks, as always, for the input and advice! :) 

beerchug.gif

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #12,023 of 16,931

any TRRS jack will work on any audio device,only the vol +/- and play/pause/call buttons won't function on specific devices, like apple compatible controls won't respond on android and vice-versa.......But the same TRRS plugs with just microphone only will work on apple and android devices(universal).....guess might work on BB as well but I haven't tried/used so i'm clueless.

Nah, that's not true. There are different standards and the mh1 used the old connection. I guess it could work on any DAP as long as the DAP doesn't have a recording option. Otherwise you'll need an adapter or to keep the call button pressed down all the time.

Nov 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #12,024 of 16,931
  Nah, that's not true. There are different standards and the mh1 used the old connection. I guess it could work on any DAP as long as the DAP doesn't have a recording option. Otherwise you'll need an adapter or to keep the call button pressed down all the time.

what do you mean by recording option ? now a days all these daps come with a voice recorder .

Nov 7, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #12,025 of 16,931

what do you mean by recording option ? now a days all these daps come with a voice recorder .

I mean like on a smartphone. If the DAP can use the mic on an iem or a headphone to record sound? Coz that means it supports a certain standard. You should know if the cowon can do that or test it if you cave an iem with a mic. If it doesn't and the cowon only has a separate mic for recording then I guess there's a good chance the mh1 will work with it without an adapter. 
Still there have been people reporting that either their mh1 or mh1c doesn't work with a certain device. For instance, the mh1c for some weird reason does not work through the line-out of an asus xonar sound card unless the call button is pressed.

Nov 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #12,026 of 16,931
The only way to get the MH1 to work on standard devices is to hold down the 'call' button which grounds the thrid ring on the TRRS plug (so essentially works the same as a standard TRS at that point I assume).  It can be done with a small piece of metal/plastic (like a tiny bead) and a small zip tie, but it is a bit obtrusive.  I don't like the virtually useless remote and J-style cable so I am planning on attempting a recable of my pair soon, but for the time being that works well enough to listen to them.

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #12,028 of 16,931
  The only way to get the MH1 to work on standard devices is to hold down the 'call' button which grounds the thrid ring on the TRRS plug (so essentially works the same as a standard TRS at that point I assume).  It can be done with a small piece of metal/plastic (like a tiny bead) and a small zip tie, but it is a bit obtrusive.  I don't like the virtually useless remote and J-style cable so I am planning on attempting a recable of my pair soon, but for the time being that works well enough to listen to them.

Something like this would work: http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronic_TRRS_Adapter_for_P_Version_Headphones_p/adptr-trrs-35.htm

Astrotec makes one as well - it came with my DX60.

Nov 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #12,029 of 16,931

You'll have to give up a bit of soundstage size. The W4 is pretty good in that regard, as are the UE900 and PFE232 (if you can still find the PFE232 for sale). Or you could save a big chunk of change and get a GR07 Bass Edition at about $130
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Joker, Thanks again for the recommendation. I think I will consider the W4. Based on your review and david mahler, it got the sound signature close to my liking. UE900 I think a bit too unbalanced for me based on review and PFE 232, I dont even know if any store in Hongkong got it. No thanks for the GR07 bass edition, dont want too much bass.
I will try the W4 and UE900 later and compare it with IE8, to see what will I gain and loss. JH13 or UM miracle I think is too expensive for me, especially when I'm also craving for akg k712.
Just curious, How do you compare simply between the W4 with UM miracle and JH13?
Are the price difference really justify the sound quality difference between the universal like w4 and hi-end CIEM like um Miracle and jh13?

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #12,030 of 16,931

My Klipsch S5i rugged and Altec MUZX606(both are apple ONLY compatible) have no issues when connected to non-apple devices(SGP 5") though it has the apple remote but when I connect to a samsung cell phone it won't out audio, so I gotta have to press play/call button once,it works fine. This temp "shorting/grounding" makes it work,no need to press the play/call button continuously.may be because of CTIA standard than OMTP allows.

At the same time the meelec M9P,Brainwavz M5,samsung SGP's and my cell's stock earphone cable(single button/ MIC only ) works fine with all devices,the mic for calls,play/pause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back