Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Aug 2, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #7,771 of 16,931
Hmm, I'll have to cancel my order and get those then. You think they're better suited, comfort to sound quality-wise? I use the medium tips on both the stock Monster tips that came with the Turbines, and the Sony Hybrids.

http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Medium-Eartips-earbuds-earphones/dp/B0055XHMXK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3

Think these would work?

Aug 2, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #7,772 of 16,931
i think worst customer service mp4nation. i don't recommend mp4nation and brainwavz.
frown.gif

Aug 2, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #7,775 of 16,931
Quote:
I wanna hear this too :/

I second that opinion. I ordered a brainwavz M4 from Mp4nation and its horrible.Too Trebly and meelectronics m6 was better for me. Its also differed in cable quality from the pics in the official site. Gave Mp4nation many emails about the same and they never bothered to reply back. I am assuming I didnt get a fake one, but M4 was horrible and I sold it off immediately!

Aug 2, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #7,777 of 16,931
Tks guys for al the replies/suggestions!
Found a very nice offer on Amazon for the MEE A161P and took the chance.
They just delivered it and im going to try them a bit on lunch break.
I'm also very interested in the mic version of the Phonak Perfect Bass, i could give em a try in case im not too happy with the A161P (my gf is after a new pair of IEM too so i could eventually pass her on the A161P)

Cheers!

Aug 2, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #7,778 of 16,931
exactly . i have tested , they should put that on the box , it can be a selling point .

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #7,779 of 16,931
Hey folkes

NOOB alert :wink:

First of all  big kudos
beerchug.gif
 to JOKER <.respect.> for these amazing reviews. It helped me ( immensely  to narrow down my choices.( infact confused me intially by a massive list
redface.gif

However, I am still a  bit!!! confused about the best possible headphones.

My first headphones -apart from  stock apple/sony stock earphones were soundmagic e10. Mostly I loved e10 especially for its heavy bass and that high end spectacle. After loosing them I recently ordered, Phonak Audeo 022. However I was disappointed with them big time ( not high enough output for me, very thin bass and only came with green filters ). Ultimately I ended up returnin them.

But from well detailed reviews I have narrowed down my search on basis of sound preference-bit bass heavy ( punchy but not overpowering), clarity and excellent vocals is equally important
availbility on amazon uk and
inline mic (willing to compromise if it's a major facor).

With Inline Mic
fischer audio ETERNA or CONSONANCE  ( with inline mic not sure about specified sound pref.).
Beyerdynamic MMX101 iE
Puresound CLARITYONE
MEElectronics A161P
Bose MIE2i
Soul by ludacris
Monster turbine
Klipsch x10i - heavy on my pocket but can give a shot.
soundmagic e10 ( last option )

w/o inline mic
fuure sonic MG7
Yamaha EPH-100
Shure Se215
Vsonic GR07
JVC HA-FX90
ID AMERICA Spark .

So, can you please please suggest me one from each with or w/o inline mic and best of all??
Apologies for being demading ( but have never seen anyone responding in a more enthusiatic way you do). 

Cheers

PS - Help from other forum member will be much appreciated-especially for bose mie2, monster by dr dre/diddy beats and soul by ludricious.

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #7,780 of 16,931
for mic , klipsch x10i any day , as your a bass lover, for budget get the meelec a161p . with out mic is a tough one between the vsonic and yamaha . vsonic gr07 i think has more bass and may have side effects at start , have never heard a yamaha eph 100 .

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #7,784 of 16,931
Quote:
Hmm, I'll have to cancel my order and get those then. You think they're better suited, comfort to sound quality-wise? I use the medium tips on both the stock Monster tips that came with the Turbines, and the Sony Hybrids.
http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Medium-Eartips-earbuds-earphones/dp/B0055XHMXK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3
Think these would work?

Those seem like generic ebay foamies but I'm not sure about the sizing. Their foam is more similar to Marshmallow tips than Complys are. Complys are softer and more porous - potentially a bit more comfortable but they do wear out much quicker. I would try the Complys if you've already ordered them and then consider other options once you wear them out. 

Quote:
Tks guys for al the replies/suggestions!
Found a very nice offer on Amazon for the MEE A161P and took the chance.
They just delivered it and im going to try them a bit on lunch break.
I'm also very interested in the mic version of the Phonak Perfect Bass, i could give em a try in case im not too happy with the A161P (my gf is after a new pair of IEM too so i could eventually pass her on the A161P)

Cheers!

The Phonaks will be a little different - bassier and warmer but also boomier and not as transparent in the midrange. For the most raw and clean sound the A161P/SBA-03 is actually very difficult to beat in my experience.

Quote:
Hey folkes

NOOB alert :wink:

First of all  big kudos
beerchug.gif
 to JOKER <.respect.> for these amazing reviews. It helped me ( immensely  to narrow down my choices.( infact confused me intially by a massive list
redface.gif

However, I am still a  bit!!! confused about the best possible headphones.

My first headphones -apart from  stock apple/sony stock earphones were soundmagic e10. Mostly I loved e10 especially for its heavy bass and that high end spectacle. After loosing them I recently ordered, Phonak Audeo 022. However I was disappointed with them big time ( not high enough output for me, very thin bass and only came with green filters ). Ultimately I ended up returnin them.

But from well detailed reviews I have narrowed down my search on basis of sound preference-bit bass heavy ( punchy but not overpowering), clarity and excellent vocals is equally important
availbility on amazon uk and
inline mic (willing to compromise if it's a major facor).

With Inline Mic
fischer audio ETERNA or CONSONANCE  ( with inline mic not sure about specified sound pref.).
Beyerdynamic MMX101 iE
Puresound CLARITYONE
MEElectronics A161P
Bose MIE2i
Soul by ludacris
Monster turbine
Klipsch x10i - heavy on my pocket but can give a shot.
soundmagic e10 ( last option )

w/o inline mic
fuure sonic MG7
Yamaha EPH-100
Shure Se215
Vsonic GR07
JVC HA-FX90
ID AMERICA Spark .

So, can you please please suggest me one from each with or w/o inline mic and best of all??
Apologies for being demading ( but have never seen anyone responding in a more enthusiatic way you do). 

Cheers

PS - Help from other forum member will be much appreciated-especially for bose mie2, monster by dr dre/diddy beats and soul by ludricious.

Your list seems a little confused there - the Eterna and Consonance don't have mic version as far as I know while the id America Spark always has a mic and the Shure SE215 has it as an option. In terms of bass output I don't think you would like the A161P and probably not even the GR07 - neither is significantly bassier than the Phonak 022. The rest of these tend to be pretty bass-heavy but the price ranges are pretty scattered. If you like the E10M you probably won't find the MMX101iE, id Spark, or Turbine to be a large enough upgrade to justify the price hike. If I had to pick two without the mic it would be the EPH-100 or FXT90. With the mic, another E10M would probably be the safest choice. After that - the SE215 (which may not have enough treble sparkle compared to the E10) or the Puresound C1 (which may have too much treble and not enough note thickness).

Quote:
The Fischer Audio SBA-03, which was already reviewed in this thread, is actually a rebrand of the same product with some different accessories and without a mic.

This is correct. If I get my hands on the MEElec version at some point I"ll add it to the chart with its own accessory & build scores but sound-wise they should be an exact match for the Fischer SBA-03. 

Quote:
This is beautiful! Thank you so much!!!

beerchug.gif

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #7,785 of 16,931
Those seem like generic ebay foamies but I'm not sure about the sizing. Their foam is more similar to Marshmallow tips than Complys are. Complys are softer and more porous - potentially a bit more comfortable but they do wear out much quicker. I would try the Complys if you've already ordered them and then consider other options once you wear them out. 

Amazon decided for me, as I wasn't able to cancel the order and the Comply tips will be here tomorrow. It's a good thing as if it did cancel, I would've re-ordered them.

If they don't work out, I'll try the generic ones next, though not sure on the size, as they say medium feels like extra small. Oh, blind purchases. :rolleyes:

I got the Turbines for $75, and now it's beginning to be more like $100+ due to all these damn tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back