Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Aug 1, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #7,746 of 16,931
Quote:
cibibikeru , never heard a m1 , but how much balanced sound you want , cuz a151 is really balanced , it wont do much bass , not like the gr02 , may be 40% of the gr02 . you have a gr02 and m1 , buying a nice BA with nice clarity wont hurt , these are going at nearly $50 , and really nice value . the a151 will do nice clarity all over the spectrum .

I think I will order the Astrotec AM-90, I hope I'll stick to it although bass on GR02 sounds good :)
What about the dual BA like Brainwavz B2? Do they sound a lot better than single armature? If I knew that they were the perfect IEMs for me I would probably be making an effort to buying them.. After all, life is short, right?

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #7,748 of 16,931
dual ba are not hugely different and are not best at bass , most of them do flat frequency , what they tend to do is speed and texture , my ue 600 and 700 sound nearly same , but the ue 700 are faster , better highs and nice body . b2 is not different at all . for starter stick to single ba , better single ba are nearly on the mark with the dual BAs like sba-3 . your choice , its all on you and the main question is what you want ? just wanna say its your first BA , dont rush in , but the b2 are really awesome , a tad better then my ue 700 , auditioned extensively , cuz i was getting mad for them , but settled for xba-3 cuz they sounded better to me with a bit more bass , b2 sounded nearly exactly same to my ue 700 . i would say get the am-90 , if you need more get the b2 .

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #7,749 of 16,931
dual ba are not hugely different and are not best at bass , most of them do flat frequency , what they tend to do is speed and texture , my ue 600 and 700 sound nearly same , but the ue 700 are faster , better highs and nice body . b2 is not different at all . for starter stick to single ba , better single ba are nearly on the mark with the dual BAs like sba-3 . your choice , its all on you and the main question is what you want ? just wanna say its your first BA , dont rush in , but the b2 are really awesome , a tad better then my ue 700 , auditioned extensively , cuz i was getting mad for them , but settled for xba-3 cuz they sounded better to me with a bit more bass , b2 sounded nearly exactly same to my ue 700 . i would say get the am-90 , if you need more get the b2 .

Thank you very much, I will order the AM-90, I was going to anyway, I'm thinking the exact same thing, it's my first BA, maybe I won't feel the need for more.

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #7,750 of 16,931
DemonFox have you seen the variation in the price of your prefered earphones , sm 03 to eterna ? really ? yeah bass head okay , tf10 dont have huge rumble , gr07 is nearly same , just a bit thick , re 262 dose nearly same , cant say about sm or velodyne , but the eterna dose the biggest bass of these all . so i would say , why settle for one when you can have two or three ? get the tf10 and gr07 ( needs extensive burnin 100 hrs ) and squeeze in the eterna or vplus . or you can get the turbine pro gold  , rp-hje-900 .

Exactly, that was kind of my point. I want the SM3 but is it going to be worth it to me to spend that much when I can get what I want for less. I've heard that the SM3 has an excellent quality bass but "may" lack quantity so I was curious if the GR07 would fit the bill or like you said would I be better getting the TripleFi 10 and VPulse instead of just the SM3-V2. Now if there are any SM3-V2 owners out there that will say otherwise please speak up. They don't have to shake buildings but they do need a personality if that makes any sense...

So to sum it up are the Earsonics that much better than the 10's and Vsonics. Can I get the opinion of some owners please so I can get a real idea of what to expect.

Thank guys..

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #7,751 of 16,931
Wow, the Sony Hybrid tips really boosted the comfort and seal on the Turbines. Those stock tips are horrible on the ears. My only grip is all the crackling while inserting the the Hybrids in your ears

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #7,752 of 16,931
Quote:
your right, I being too picky. i'll get the brainwavz

Well, I have a Meelectronics M6 along with a Brainwavz M4 both bought from their official websites, I listened to a lot of hours on both of them, burned 50+ houts and imo M4 is really over hyped. It was really ordinary, M6 has better bass+mids, its high is not good but M4 was too trebly. Bass was very light, but mids and highs are a bit good but not too good and often look like they are too treble based. I almost felt like how I spent 70 $ where Im more than satisfied with my 28$ m6.

Better change your choice bro, Go for VSonic GR06/ Brainwavz B2! 

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #7,753 of 16,931
I bought 2 pairs of M4 from their official website too, very dissapointed, I sold both immediatley, they have a harsh zone at the point where mids end and treble begin, also they don't extend much in treble, I find the sound agressive, although others may like it..

Aug 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #7,754 of 16,931
Thank you very much, I will order the AM-90, I was going to anyway, I'm thinking the exact same thing, it's my first BA, maybe I won't feel the need for more.

I see that Amazon is now carrying AM-90's. Lendmeurears is also a good source, but the alternate Chinese source (englishtaobao.com, that offered different colors) burned me with slow and very expensive shipping.

I enjoyed them for the time before they went to my daughter as a gift (delayed by that Chinese source), but my DBA-02's are distinctly better - not hugely, but noticeably so. I would have been quite happy with the Astrotecs as my only IEMS - they are far superior to my early IEMs - but as we know, head-fi followers are insatiable upgraders.

Aug 1, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #7,755 of 16,931
I ordered the silver standard version from lendmeurears, I can't wait to hear them, maybe I'll go >100$ in the future if it's really worth it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back