Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Aug 1, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #7,756 of 16,931
Does anyone here think it's worth spending that extra 8 dollars to upgrade from a vsonic gr99 to the vsonic gr02? From the looks of things, it doesn't seem like the gr02 is a major improvement over the gr99 but rather a nice and small upgrade. Please take into consideration only the sound itself and less on the other aspects as they are not of as much importance to me. Oh and how do these IEMs fare when playing alternative rock as that is what my library is mainly composed of.

Thanks in advance. :D

Aug 1, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #7,757 of 16,931
Quote:
Does anyone here think it's worth spending that extra 8 dollars to upgrade from a vsonic gr99 to the vsonic gr02? From the looks of things, it doesn't seem like the gr02 is a major improvement over the gr99 but rather a nice and small upgrade. Please take into consideration only the sound itself and less on the other aspects as they are not of as much importance to me. Oh and how do these IEMs fare when playing alternative rock as that is what my library is mainly composed of.

Well, it depends. For me the GR02 Bass is worth the upgrade as its mids are cleaner and the treble is a lot more to my liking for just 8 bucks difference. About your last question - the GR02 is great with any kind of metal or rock and just makes me get up and do air drums and guitar solos.

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #7,758 of 16,931
Quote:

Well, it depends. For me the GR02 Bass is worth the upgrade as its mids are cleaner and the treble is a lot more to my liking for just 8 bucks difference. About your last question - the GR02 is great with any kind of metal or rock and just makes me get up and do air drums and guitar solos.

I have the 02 BE and a friend the 99. The 99 is larger, and harder to fit as well. The accessories also aren't as nice. If you don't care about the accessories, then you can get the 02 from lendmeurears for even less without all of the tips.

Aug 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #7,759 of 16,931
Quote:
First off Joker I've been reading this forum for weeks now and I love it!! Everyday I learn something new so thank you for helping and doing what you did here its freak'n awesome!!

Ok, guys I need some help.. 

I'm selling/sold my Pro 900's and I'm looking for some high quality I.E.M's... Now lets not get to crazy but I am willing to spend in the $350 range so I do it right the first time (lets hope) I tend to learn towards the bass heavier cans... Who am I kidding I'm a bass head!! If it don't wobble I dont like it!! 
basshead.gif
 All kidding aside I already know that if it doesn't have the right sound I won't like it so out of the choices I have here (and others of course if you can think of something) which would you say is going to make me the happiest. Now please understand I'm sort of a sophisticated bass head (if there is such a think) so I understand that these aren't going to shake my skull but I would like the pair that has the cleanest, punchiest, and fastest bass to keep up with the music and movies I watch. So what do you guys think!! I have a e11 and that will also be upgraded soon once I find the right portable amp. If you have suggestions on that too that would be awesome!!

Here's what I'm considering..

GR07 - $179
SM3 V2 - $349
RE 262 - $149 (maybe) 
Velodyne vPulse - $89
Fischer Eterna - ?? (very hard to find a place that will ship to the US and is trustworthy.. 
Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 - $169

Thanks again guys, 

Cleanest, punchiest, and fastest bass will probably mean less bass quantity and vice versa. The GR07 is clean and punchy but not 'bassy'. The Eterna and vPulse are bassy but not as clean. For heavy but high quality bass the best earphone I've heard is still the JVC FX700, but you probably won't find a new one in your budget. Still, I think the GR07 might not have quite enough midbass for a self-proclaimed basshead - I feel like the Yamaha EPH-100 or JVC FX500 would be a better choice in that price range.

Quote:

Something less expensive? How about Brainwavz M2 or a balanced armature like Astrotec AM-90/Meelec A151, I've been reading about them, never heard a balanced armature before, do they share something with M1?

Nice but definitely a sidegrade from the M1 more so than an upgrade. 

Quote:
If I was looking for a similar IEM to replace the original Phonak PFE (used with gray filters) with a budget of $150, would the DBA-02/Brainwavz B2 be a good choice? My PFEs just broke and I've loved everything about them from first listen, but sadly their  price has been raised and I'm a broke college student so those extra $30 puts them out of my range 
frown.gif

I would definitely try the B2 instead of paying $170+ for another PFE. 

Quote:
you are messing it up , you know ask anyone , none of the earphones are perfect ( joker says um miracle are perfect for him , i cant even think of them after seeing the price ) , so find one with good service support , and what you want from it , it seems your stuck at the dtx 101 , get them , they are not bad , but you said you need some less bass and more clarity , for that , dont think , just go for cc51 .

I've never said the Miracle can't be improved on, only that it's the best IEM I've heard to date by a margin.

Quote:
the ue 350 is water resistant .

Good catch.

Quote:
Wow, the Sony Hybrid tips really boosted the comfort and seal on the Turbines. Those stock tips are horrible on the ears. My only grip is all the crackling while inserting the the Hybrids in your ears

That's driver flex - the Monster Turbine IEMs are quite notorious for it. 

Quote:

For $8 I would do it just for the comfort. Both would be too bassy for me for rock but if you want heavy bass/v-shaped sound they are among the best in the <$100 range. 

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #7,760 of 16,931
thats the only reason i was stressing on cc51 , m4 is a hit and miss .

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #7,762 of 16,931
I'm gonna order the comply tips for the Turbines. I'm sure I'll have to EQ the hell out of them with the tips, but I need comfort. The Hybrids are starting to bother me. I almost feel like getting the JVC Marshmallows just so I can nab the tips, but I'd like to try the Comply first.

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #7,764 of 16,931
comply are good , but they dont last more then 3-6 months unless you clean them every month , whats wrong with monster faom tips ? i love that , cuz they dont catch dirt and easy to clean . or even the soundmagic foam tips ? monster are equally priced but the soundmagic are really cheap .

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #7,765 of 16,931
I dunno, I just heard of Comply's awesome comfort, which is why I went for them.

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #7,766 of 16,931
didnt your turbine came with foam tips ? all the foam tips are nearly same n comly are hyped heavily . the only thing over monster is comly are squeeze able .

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #7,768 of 16,931
thats bad , my friends pro gold came with those foam tips . then try the comply .

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #7,769 of 16,931
I got the basic Turbines, so I'm sure it doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the Pros. And lol, I already ordered them. So i basically wasted $12 on the Sony Hybrids ($4 to ship next day)... :rolleyes:

Aug 2, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #7,770 of 16,931
Quote:
I'm gonna order the comply tips for the Turbines. I'm sure I'll have to EQ the hell out of them with the tips, but I need comfort. The Hybrids are starting to bother me. I almost feel like getting the JVC Marshmallows just so I can nab the tips, but I'd like to try the Comply first.

There are foam tips beyond Complys - Complys are simply the most well-known but Monster's own Foam Supertips and generic foam tips from ebay are closer to marshmallow tips and generally last longer.

Quote:
hey  joker , you think ue350 is not water resistant ?

I didn't test them. The UE site says they are, I'm just surprised it wasn't stressed on the packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back