Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Nov 10, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #4,727 of 16,931
Been listening to my new MEElectronics CC51's for a few days now. I need more time with them to get a solid impression. They are beautiful to look at and for now I'm very happy with their sound. Ear tips aren't so great and one pair was close to impossible to put on and off. I want to remove the shirt clip without damaging the wire. 

I'm coming from Klipsch S4's. I think the S4's have better bass but I'm not 100% sure. I got my replacement S4's in the mail today and they surprisingly have a straight jack versus my original damaged S4's which had an angled jack. Strange but fine. Klipsch still takes the crown with respect to comfortable ear tips IMO. 

I'll report back after a few weeks with the CC51's. This thread is epic and so valuable to us. Thank you again.

Nov 11, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #4,728 of 16,931
I saw a deal for the Meelec CW31P's for $20 a few weeks ago and I picked it up after looking at the review in this thread.  After switching the stock ear tips out for larger ones, I feel that the CW31s are a very good option for a natural sounding IEM for the price I paid.  The mids and highs sound excellent, and the IEMs provide enough bass for the music I listen to.  Once again, thanks for this amazing thread!

Nov 11, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #4,729 of 16,931

Quote:
Been listening to my new MEElectronics CC51's for a few days now. I need more time with them to get a solid impression. They are beautiful to look at and for now I'm very happy with their sound. Ear tips aren't so great and one pair was close to impossible to put on and off. I want to remove the shirt clip without damaging the wire. 

Glad you like them. The shirt clip is pretty easy to take off, especially if you don't intend to put it back on - just pry the tabs further apart with a small flat blade screwdriver before pulling it off the cable.

Quote:
I saw a deal for the Meelec CW31P's for $20 a few weeks ago and I picked it up after looking at the review in this thread.  After switching the stock ear tips out for larger ones, I feel that the CW31s are a very good option for a natural sounding IEM for the price I paid.  The mids and highs sound excellent, and the IEMs provide enough bass for the music I listen to.  Once again, thanks for this amazing thread!

Good price, and glad the thread has been helpful 
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #4,731 of 16,931

Quote:
I can get the RE262 or VSonic GR07 for $169. Which would you choose to use unamped?

Thanks!

I'd definitely use the VSonic GR07 unamped. The VSonic GR07 has 50 Ohms at -/+ 10%. The RE262 has 150 Ohms, so they'll gobble up your MP3's Battery Life like if it were a snack.
blink.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #4,733 of 16,931

Quote:
Actually, I'm more concerned about the sound. It's a Sansa Clip and I only need the battery to last through a workout or a run :)

Then you'll have to consult the Guide that ljokerl has.

Nov 11, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #4,734 of 16,931

Quote:
I can get the RE262 or VSonic GR07 for $169. Which would you choose to use unamped?

Thanks!

Different sound signatures. I really wouldn't worry about amped vs unamped (unless you like to listen at ear-bleeding volumes or care about battery life) but rather pick the one that suits your preferences better. One is warm and musical while the other is more balanced and quite neutral.

Nov 12, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #4,736 of 16,931

Quote:
how far off is the ue500 from a balanced frequency responce that they claim?

"Crisp highs. Warm mids. Powerful bass. When nothing but the music matters, our 500s deliver a balanced frequency response and a highly detailed soundstage. The high-quality diaphragm drivers were designed and tuned for music lovers who want to hear the music just as it was recorded."         

Don't you have a pair already? I found them to have a bit of a v-curve, and I guess the mids aren't all that warm... This is all advertising anyway, you shouldn't put that much stock in it... Look at the Beats and skullcandy for god's sake

Nov 12, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #4,738 of 16,931
Dear Joker,

I now own the RE0 and feel they're very good - but not to the point of loving them.

Is there anything with better/same SQ but with a significant increase in isolation? I won't want to spend more than £100 (from the UK) and the choices that I can see with 4.5 Isolation is the ER MC5 (£50), Shure SE215 (£80) and the HiSoundAudio Crystals (£70). At the end of the day I want value so if it's going to be hard to get better value than this then I'll be more than happy to keep the RE0.

Here's a longer post of what I'm looking for: http://www.head-fi.org/t/579877/upgrading-from-the-re0s-for-something-with-more-isolation#post_7886381

Nov 12, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #4,739 of 16,931
how would you compare the klipsch S2/X1 with the sennheiser cx300

i know the review says klipsch is better, but it would be nice to get greater detail, mostly interested in which has better bass :)

thanks 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back