Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Nov 6, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #4,651 of 16,931

Quote:
im trying to find a "fun" ba without breaking the bank, in my range are the sf4 mee a151 soundmagic pl50  i think the superfi5 at around $90-100 would be a stretch for me, and thats all i know of. you just said the pl50 have the least low end, so i guess that means its only between the sf4 and a151? which sounds closest to a air dispersing moving coil?

Pretty sure they use the same driver so it would be a toss up. They are tuned similarly - the MEElecs just have better bass depth and generally sound a bit leaner and more controlled.

Quote:
Indeed they do.  The only minor difference I can tell in the housings is the TFTA's look like they have some sort of design on the outside.  I wonder if it's the same drivers too?  Now I'm really curious if the Aksent is the same as the TFTA-2100-3V2B at about a third of the price hahaha.

Well, someone's going to have to buy both and find out. I was impressed with the Aksent considering the amount of bass it had to deal with.

Quote:
Hi joker, what do you think of the Fischer Audio SBA-03. I am thinking of getting either that or the Tandem, but I can't decide which. Bass is important to me, but one thing I do like is to have the mids stand out just as well and clear but recessed highs. This is coming from a set of low end Shures. What do you think?

You want the Tandem. I would not say the SBA-03 has recessed highs even though it is most aggressive in the midrange. 

Quote:
Are there any plans of doing a review of the  Grado GR8  anytime soon?

All planned reviews are listed on the front page, below the table. No plans for the GR8.

Nov 6, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #4,652 of 16,931
Hmmm there is one IEM that should be in this comparison, but isn't there yet....
The ACS T15 Universal. It's getting some serious good reviews.

Personally I'm doubting to get the ACS T15 Universal or the HiFiMan RE262.
Judging from the few review I read, I think I'll go for the ACS.

Nov 6, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #4,654 of 16,931
Mike,

Since you know my preferences what would you suggest for me. I'm looking for something similar to my preferences but with some warmth similar to say an HD600 but musical. I'm thinking something like the GR07 or that Phonak deal with the PFE111 and get a PFE012 free. I have a M2 but want something better quality with less bass but not too bass light.

I'm finding that my custom is great but not sure that money spent on it is well worth it considering how often I spend using them per day as I don't use earphones as much as I used to..although I may just sell my current customs and get something like a JH5..

edit: Also that JVC FXT90 looks promising

Nov 6, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #4,655 of 16,931
So I'm having some difficulty figuring out what to buy.  I'm looking to buy some new IEMs and seem to have widdled it down to Brainwavz Beta, Monster Turbine, Creative Aurvana 2, or some Xears (not sure which model yet).  Prices are similar (though the Betas are $20 cheaper) but having inferior quality for less isn't really ideal, however, the reviews all are amazing for the Betas so I think they are worthy of being in the bunch.  But then I don't know much.  I really don't want to spend mroe than $60.  

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #4,656 of 16,931
still waiting for TF10 review.
frown.gif

Nov 7, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #4,658 of 16,931
I would love a Atrio m5 review. There are only 2 on this site. I understand you are probably super busy doing a bunch of other reviews though haha. AWESOME THREAD. I use it all the time, and finally going to make my first big purchase! @_@ Well my family is for X-Mas hahaha. 

Nov 7, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #4,659 of 16,931

Quote:
Since you know my preferences what would you suggest for me. I'm looking for something similar to my preferences but with some warmth similar to say an HD600 but musical. I'm thinking something like the GR07 or that Phonak deal with the PFE111 and get a PFE012 free. I have a M2 but want something better quality with less bass but not too bass light.

I'm finding that my custom is great but not sure that money spent on it is well worth it considering how often I spend using them per day as I don't use earphones as much as I used to..although I may just sell my current customs and get something like a JH5..

edit: Also that JVC FXT90 looks promising

Don't think the GR07 is very HD600-like. Haven't heard the FXT90 yet but I'd consider Fischer's dual dynamic, the Tandem. 

Quote:
So I'm having some difficulty figuring out what to buy.  I'm looking to buy some new IEMs and seem to have widdled it down to Brainwavz Beta, Monster Turbine, Creative Aurvana 2, or some Xears (not sure which model yet).  Prices are similar (though the Betas are $20 cheaper) but having inferior quality for less isn't really ideal, however, the reviews all are amazing for the Betas so I think they are worthy of being in the bunch.  But then I don't know much.  I really don't want to spend mroe than $60.  

Strange list but out of those I'd go for the Turbine. Haven't heard any Creative IEMs, though, and I'm not sure why you would look at the Beta and not the M2 as a Turbine competitor. 

Quote:
I would love a Atrio m5 review. There are only 2 on this site. I understand you are probably super busy doing a bunch of other reviews though haha. AWESOME THREAD. I use it all the time, and finally going to make my first big purchase! @_@ Well my family is for X-Mas hahaha. 

M5 is just a color designation (black, I think). There are two Atrio reviews in this thread - one of the v2 with the MG5 driver and one of the new MG7 driver. 

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #4,660 of 16,931
I have a random newb question - what's the best way to burn-in earphones without causing damage to the drivers?  I usually play some music from my computer for about 3-4 hours (medium volume), then I leave it overnight plugged into my computer with this burn-in audio file (medium vol), plus any additional listening I may do that day with my mp3 player.

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #4,662 of 16,931
More drivers doesn't always equal better. I think the single driver PFE is better than most of the multi-ba IEMs I've heard. 

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #4,663 of 16,931

Quote:
More drivers doesn't always equal better. I think the single driver PFE is better than most of the multi-ba IEMs I've heard. 

Agreed strongly.

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #4,665 of 16,931
And that's just one example, the ER4S, EQ5, EQ7 and A1 are among my highest rated BAs. It seems the addition of more drivers has more to do with tuning, to personalize a sound signature since a lot of the drivers are shared among manufacturers. Frequency range is adequate with one BA, stuff from 40 to 15k is the most significant anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back