Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Nov 3, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #16,786 of 16,931
been on the hunt for a pair of IEMs ~$100-200 (some less), found way a lot of choices; found the following met my needs in one way or another. inline remote is unnecessary, also do not like over-ear fitment. 

MEE Audio Pinnacle P1
Klipsch x12i
Sony xba-h1
Jvc FX850
Yamaha EPH-100
Etymotic hf5

anything else to consider? fwiw, my go-to over-ear headphones are Sony MDR-V6's have been very happy with them (balanced, flat), just need a more portable set. aware of fakes online, hope to avoid and buy form reliable/trustworthy store.

appreciate any help! 

Nov 5, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #16,787 of 16,931
HI guys I already have the RHA ma750 and T20i. By away I absolutely loved the T20i, it's my best iem.
Should I look into the list below. Or pass. Any suggestions would help.

Thank you.

VSonic GR07 Bass Edition.             
EtymoticER4S.                         
Hifimanre400.                          
Philip fidelio S1/S2                   
HiFiManRE262.                          
Dunu DN-1000/2000.              
Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear.     

Nov 5, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #16,788 of 16,931
HI guys I already have the RHA ma750 and T20i. By away I absolutely loved the T20i, it's my best iem.
Should I look into the list below. Or pass. Any suggestions would help.

Thank you.

VSonic GR07 Bass Edition.             
EtymoticER4S.                         
Hifimanre400.                          
Philip fidelio S1/S2                   
HiFiManRE262.                          
Dunu DN-1000/2000.              
Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear.     

Dunu's will be a step above from where you are coming from,imo.....GR07 and RE400 cables will let you down over time but they are wonderful monitors for the price.

Let others pour their opinions as well.....

Nov 5, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #16,789 of 16,931
Looking for a new item. Wondering if people can give me suggestions. Looking for either ba or hybrid, preferably ba. Replaceable cable a plus but not necessary. Not interested in shure. My range is 200-250 thank you.

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #16,790 of 16,931
Looking for a new item. Wondering if people can give me suggestions. Looking for either ba or hybrid, preferably ba. Replaceable cable a plus but not necessary. Not interested in shure. My range is 200-250 thank you.

ATH-IM02 fits the criteria, what what would your preferred sound sig be? The IM02 is detailed but might lack bass for some.

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #16,792 of 16,931
Hello, I was hoping to get some recommendations for a universal IEM with very high isolation.  I’ve done a lot of research and there is nothing that has my preferred sound signature and so I’d like something balanced/neutral that responds well to EQ.  Isolation is the priority.  I’m not looking to spend more than £100 ($125 USD), as I don’t want to spend a lot on something that I have to EQ.  However, I can go over that amount. Already looked into the Etymotic ER-4 (too expensive). Also, no CIEM recommendations please. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. 

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #16,793 of 16,931
Hello, I was hoping to get some recommendations for a universal IEM with very high isolation.  I’ve done a lot of research and there is nothing that has my preferred sound signature and so I’d like something balanced/neutral that responds well to EQ.  Isolation is the priority.  I’m not looking to spend more than £100 ($125 USD), as I don’t want to spend a lot on something that I have to EQ.  However, I can go over that amount. Already looked into the Etymotic ER-4 (too expensive). Also, no CIEM recommendations please. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. 

First thing strike my mind is ety's hf5 that cld fit you in every aspect that you lookin for,especially isolation top priority.....current running price is $129! Some might not be comfortable with triple flanges/deep insertion tho,just a point to remember,"trade-off', for best sound isolation.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #16,794 of 16,931
First thing strike my mind is ety's hf5 that cld fit you in every aspect that you lookin for,especially isolation top priority.....current running price is $129! Some might not be comfortable with triple flanges/deep insertion tho,just a point to remember,"trade-off', for best sound isolation.

Thanks, I do have some experience with the Etymotic range and was hoping for something else. I don't usually mind deep insertion, but the Etymotics don't seem to play nice with my ears.

I should add that probably a v-shaped sound is probably more suitable than balanced, as the sound I am aiming for with EQ is closer to v-shaped than balanced.  For those who are familiar with Poweramp, it is similar to the Techno preset

Nov 16, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #16,795 of 16,931

the bosshifi b3 is a wooden chinese hybrid which isolates extremely well and has a generally balanced signature with a ton of detail. You can get it for $35 on Amazon. folks are necessarily skeptical that it can't be very good if it's that inexpensive, bu to my ears it genuinely outperforms a lot of the much pricier players touted on this forum.

Nov 16, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #16,796 of 16,931
Hi Guys,

I ordered the k10's on the 13th of October and sent my impressions on the 14th from the uk, how long should it be to receive the email from the labs in Japan? The post office notified me they were received in America on the 24th. Also as I've placed my order in between the transition between the original k10 and the oncore will I still receive the originals?

Regards

Matt

Oops sorry posted in the wrong thread please ingnore this post.

Nov 26, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #16,799 of 16,931
Anyone reviewed ActionPie VJJB-V1S ? I'm very curious about these. Also, I'm looking for Apple Earbuds shape like because those have the perfect fit for my ears but they don't sound so good unfortunately... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back