Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Mar 17, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #46 of 4,841

Quote:
@ Anaxilus, it will be fun once they all arrive and some real comparisons can be done!  But I am still enjoying what I have now.  The X3 is a nice new addition and I am happy to say it is different than the rest.  It is somewhat similar to the EM3 Pro, but the EM3 Pro is tuned more like a monitor and the X3 is tuned for enjoyment.  Swapping back and forth the bottom end of the X3 is definitely very enhanced, and the sound seems more punchy and exciting.  This, of course, if coloration, but great detail is portrayed in a not so monitor like sound.  And the space is really really good making albums like Balmorhea and spacious trance tracks give the EP-10 Plus a run for the money in the space department!

But I am trying to give them adequate listening time for my review...and I have no complaints about doing do! 

And I did think about adding all the various threads, and maybe in time, but I don't have the time now.  I will include links in my summary reviews in the first post though.

I think you need more ears AJ.  
wink_face.gif

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #47 of 4,841
Nice job, AJ.

Maybe I missed that, but what customs are you waiting for? Or is it a secret for now?

You wrote, you're waiting for some silicon customs. Fingers crossed for the Minerva Mi-3, because for that price they're a very interesting option.

Mar 18, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #48 of 4,841
Thanks PsiCore.

I can't disclose all the customs I am waiting for at this time, but the others are in the top of the first post.  I sent my impressions in to Rooth and Thousand Sounds, however both have not made it to their respective destinations yet.  I have my JH16 with Kozee, so the reshell process is underway, but I am still discussing artwork and I want to get my TF10 back first so I can get the universal TF10 to it's rightful owner ASAP!

Mar 18, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #50 of 4,841
Did you get the LS8 from Rooth? I've been wondering about them and not much information here on them except by people I don't really know so nothing to go by.

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #51 of 4,841
@ sofastreamer: yes, I hope all this effort helps many others

@ rawrster: I will be getting the LS8 from Rooth.  There is one person on here with them, but I have not seen a review.  From what I have heard, it takes 20+ days for ear impressions to reach their destination in China (at least with USPS shipping without tracking), so the wait is still on...

Mar 19, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #53 of 4,841
@average_joe: could you please take a look at my thread http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/544736/search-goes-on-bass-heavy-ba-type-iems-heard-a-lot-still-not-confident#post_7344999 and give me your opinion? would be nice!

Mar 20, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #55 of 4,841
Thanks all for the subs.  I am still waiting as customs do seem to take a good deal of time and I don't want to rush it.  I am shooting for my Infinity X3 review to be completed by the end of the week and have updated the review summary.

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #56 of 4,841
I'd especially look forward to more reviews of the Futuresonics customs, seeing as there's only one review compared to the massive number of impressions for the JHs, UEs etc and the whole custom dynamic thing is really piquing my interest. :wink:

Mar 20, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #57 of 4,841

Quote:
Thanks all for the subs.  I am still waiting as customs do seem to take a good deal of time and I don't want to rush it.  I am shooting for my Infinity X3 review to be completed by the end of the week and have updated the review summary.

Take your time. After all you should enjoy your customs :) I look forward to what all your customs are after you get them and such.

Mar 21, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #58 of 4,841
I changed the final column on the manufacturers list to warranty and refit.  I need to get some additional information and will be updating it as I get it.

@ Somnambulist: Yes, I would very much like to review the mg6pro, but it is cost prohibitive as of now.  And speaking of custom dynamics, well custom dynamic/BA hybrids, I am hoping my ear impressions make it to Thousand Sound soon so I can compare some dynamic custom bass with BA bass.

@ rawrster: I am spending time enjoying them, but do need to get some of the reviews done soon as I have a lot on the way and don't want a big backlog.

Mar 24, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #60 of 4,841

Quote:
 I am hoping my ear impressions make it to Thousand Sound soon so I can compare some dynamic custom bass with BA bass.

That should be interesting. Doesn't the TS842 use a 6mm micro-driver for the dynamic?

Looks like it

The vent is interesting, too. I wonder how the bass will be on a 6mm driver.

The only higher-end dynamic that small will be the MD Trumpet, when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back