Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Dec 13, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #4,426 of 4,841

Well, my offer's still open, AmberOzL - when I win the EuroMillions jackpot, I promise I'll buy you a new CIEM of you choosing.  Trouble is, I'm not sure when that will be
wink.gif

lol
happy_face1.gif
You are a very valuable and dear friend of mine, your friendship worth to me like all the ciems in the world. Though, if you really hit the jackpot, why not, of course buy me one you filthy rich!
wink.gif

Vice versa of course, if I happen to be a rich like that, of course choose anything man. Also I will buy you another SE5way, you should listen to this when it functions properly
wink.gif

Dec 14, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #4,428 of 4,841
Hello, I have been reading the various threads and reviews on Head-Fi.  But I would like to get some opinions on a few CIEMS, which don't have a lot of information online and I can't demo. They are the Earsonics EM4, EM32 and Custom Art Harmony 8 Pro.  I am looking for something flat/neutral with some enhanced bass and treble energy.  In terms of presentation, a high level of clarity with the vocalist being the focus. The best way to describe is sitting in the front row of a small venue than far back in a large hall.  Do the EM4, EM32 or Harmony 8 Pro fit that description?  I have looked at other options like the Noble 4C, Ultimate Ears Reference and Hidition range, but I really want to get something within the EU.  Cheers

Dec 14, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #4,429 of 4,841
The EM4 presentation is magnific but it lacks in clarity and detail retrieval. To me the EM4 are not anymore a TOTL. It's a mid-centric CIEM in terms of frequency response, not in terms on presentation.
The EM32 presentation is more "on stage" with a better openess and instrument separation/positioning. Detail level, resolution, top and bottom extension, to me the EM32 are the new EarSonics flagship and is clearly on the TOTL. The EM4 lack in treble extension and treble details, the EM32 are far better.
Both EarSonics products are focused on the global stage, to me it's pretty difficult to say they are bass, mids or treble focused. The focus is on the depth and width of the presentation.
The H8pro are completely different. They are as capable as the EM32 in terms of depth and width (but focus differently), detail retrieval and top/bottom extension. The EM32 can extend further in the bass department, conveying more power too, but the H8pro can extend far, not as far, but not as loud. The EM32 have sub bass like no other earphone I've heard, maybe too much for you. 
The H8pro are not a bright BA based earphone, but when you come from a darker earphone like the EM32, they appear bright to you. This relative brightness is not my taste at high volume, oftenly when I'm outdoor, because it's quite agressive. The H8pro are perfect for low/moderate volume use, they are my slipper earphone. Then I contemplate my music. At the opposite of this use, the EM32. I use them especially when I'm outdoor, or when I'm active. No worry to use them at moderate/high volume, but they begin to lack in transparency at low volume. I don't contemplate my music with them, even if I can with no difficulties, but it's time to live the music.
Hope this help you :wink:

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #4,430 of 4,841
  Hello, I have been reading the various threads and reviews on Head-Fi.  But I would like to get some opinions on a few CIEMS, which don't have a lot of information online and I can't demo. They are the Earsonics EM4, EM32 and Custom Art Harmony 8 Pro.  I am looking for something flat/neutral with some enhanced bass and treble energy.  In terms of presentation, a high level of clarity with the vocalist being the focus. The best way to describe is sitting in the front row of a small venue than far back in a large hall.  Do the EM4, EM32 or Harmony 8 Pro fit that description?  I have looked at other options like the Noble 4C, Ultimate Ears Reference and Hidition range, but I really want to get something within the EU.  Cheers

I haven't heard the earphones you asked about, but if you want enhanced bass you were right to rule out the Noble 4C and UE Reference. Can I ask why you ruled out the Hidition range? The NT6-PRO might be what you are looking for, as it is supposed to have enhanced bass and treble. But I guess it depends if you want something slightly warmer than neutral or colder.

Dec 14, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #4,431 of 4,841

Can I ask why you ruled out the Hidition range?

but I really want to get something within the EU. 

Maybe shoot Cosmic Ears an email with your requirements?  Either the 4 or the 6 might be in line with what you are after, and if they are not I'm sure they will be able to point you in the right direction.  Whereabouts are you in the eu if you don't mind me asking? That could help narrow down the recommendations.

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #4,432 of 4,841

I haven't heard the earphones you asked about, but if you want enhanced bass you were right to rule out the Noble 4C and UE Reference. Can I ask why you ruled out the Hidition range? The NT6-PRO might be what you are looking for, as it is supposed to have enhanced bass and treble. But I guess it depends if you want something slightly warmer than neutral or colder.

I tried emailing Hidition several times and they were very slow to answer and I don't want to be offensive but the person who responded didn't have great English. I would have to go back a few times and ask the same question again. I know they are a Korean company, but I it just makes me uneasy.

Maybe shoot Cosmic Ears an email with your requirements?  Either the 4 or the 6 might be in line with what you are after, and if they are not I'm sure they will be able to point you in the right direction.  Whereabouts are you in the eu if you don't mind me asking? That could help narrow down the recommendations.

I'm in the Netherlands. Thanks, I will try contacting them. Are any of their products considered top of the line though? I don't see them talked about a lot besides the one thread in this forum.

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #4,433 of 4,841

I tried emailing Hidition several times and they were very slow to answer and I don't want to be offensive but the person who responded didn't have great English. I would have to go back a few times and ask the same question again. I know they are a Korean company, but I it just makes me uneasy.

I'm in the Netherlands. Thanks, I will try contacting them. Are any of their products considered top of the line though? I don't see them talked about a lot besides the one thread in this forum.

That's probably due to the fact that they've been in the process of moving at the moment.  The 4 and the 6 are fairly well considered though. I imagine that with the new factory being sorted for next year things will begin to really take off for them.   They now have a demo request page so it may be possible for you to demo both the 4 and the 6, but again you would have to email them about that.  Don't get hung up on 'top of the line' stuff though.  A four star product could be just what you are after in the right system.  As you are in europe, it would also be worth shooting Custom-art an email as well.

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #4,434 of 4,841
Cosmic Ears CE6E was reviewed by headfonia some time ago and it was highly ranked.

And yes, I concur what davidcotton wrote, don't get caught up in this TOTL talk. Expensive doesn't me best and vice versa.
I had Cosmic Ears Ba4r and although it was one of the cheapest 4 drivers CIEM it was very good.

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #4,435 of 4,841
Cosmic Ears CE6E was reviewed by headfonia some time ago and it was highly ranked.

And yes, I concur what davidcotton wrote, don't get caught up in this TOTL talk. Expensive doesn't me best and vice versa.
I had Cosmic Ears Ba4r and although it was one of the cheapest 4 drivers CIEM it was very good.

Cheers, I have contacted Cosmic Ears. I guess what I meant by TOTL is that I only want to buy one CIEM to last me a while because I’ve gone back to college and this will be my last expensive purchase for a long time.

Putting the buying in the EU aside, are there any other models I should be looking at outside here? Sorry to repeat myself but I want something neutral but with some enhanced bass and also in the upper-mids for vocals. I would like something made like FitEar earphones, because my friend has those and they are very solid. But we don’t have a dealer in my country. Thanks.

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #4,436 of 4,841
To my mind the H8pro corresponds to your needs. But, in the world of TOTL CIEMs you don't need enhanced bass if you just want to ear the bass sustainment. For example the SE5-way are not a bassy CIEMs but it's a very capable CIEM in the bass department. As well as in the other department.
You've to look to your tracks mastering. If you need something permissive it's a very important criteria, otherwise you'll not take pleasure with them. Or less than with another CIEM.

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #4,437 of 4,841
Nope, I would like to kindly disagree Victor. To my ears (with not so perfect fit though) H8P is quite colored and I wouldn't call it neutral actually. Also the vocals are not really front either it is kinda laidback in vocal presentation, SE5way has vocals up front and closer to the listener. Again, I am not denying the technical capabilities of H8P, they are quite unique both in presentation and signature but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who wants neutral with slightly enhanced bass and front vocals.

If budget is not a question, SE5way can be a good choice. I am not suggesting that cuz I own them but I think they really fit the description. H8P is no slouch and definitely in the TOTL area, I just don't believe it is the correct option for his needs.

Dec 21, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #4,438 of 4,841

Cheers, I have contacted Cosmic Ears. I guess what I meant by TOTL is that I only want to buy one CIEM to last me a while because I’ve gone back to college and this will be my last expensive purchase for a long time.

Putting the buying in the EU aside, are there any other models I should be looking at outside here? Sorry to repeat myself but I want something neutral but with some enhanced bass and also in the upper-mids for vocals. I would like something made like FitEar earphones, because my friend has those and they are very solid. But we don’t have a dealer in my country. Thanks.

The description fits well for an Earwerkz's Legend R.

The Legend R is able to deliver your description, add in some amazing toe-tapping dynamics, very layered emotions in vocals, keep up with the fastest music you can throw at em, go real nice and intimate with the ballads and blues. Covers most bases (if not all), well...at least for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back